Tan 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Cyan 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

sitko
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Jun 2021, 8:48 pm

Hi,
I was wondering has there ever been an attempt to color code certain autistic traits, And then assign each person which every trait they struggle with the most. This would be a completely optional coding.

What I mean is that the community comes up with the color key. Then each user could have a colored icon that represents their issue, as a way to warn other autistics when they interact on here. Alternatively, maybe we color code "triggers" and people could get icons that represent what their triggers are. So, if my icon has a green halo, it means Employment is a trigger, or Abuse is red. That way when one user approaches another they don't inadvertently set off the other persons triggers.

If you don't mind, please answer the quiz, so we can see if there are certain favorite colors.

Thanks,
Sitko42

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2021, 9:03 pm

Most problematic ASD issues:
Sensory Processing Disorder (misophonia, photophobia, texture, fragrance) and Alexithymia (including mutism)
I'm not really concerned about the social issues because I just avoid people. It works out fine. 8)

Triggers:
I have emotional triggers from PTSD.
I can usually deal with them on my own, and I don't expect others to predict them or understand.

For the record though - emotions that trigger me include
- Helplessness
- Guilt and Shame, or seeing others be shamed
- Being belittled or criticised, especially by women
- Seeing prolonged hypocrisy from people (double standards including misandry)

Trigger topics that I try not to read about
- Emotional abuse and manipulation
- Animal cruelty
- Abortion and religious or ethical debates

sitko
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Jun 2021, 9:23 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Most problematic ASD issues:
Sensory Processing Disorder (misophonia, photophobia, texture, fragrance) and Alexithymia (including mutism)
I'm not really concerned about the social issues because I just avoid people. It works out fine. 8)

Triggers:
I have emotional triggers from PTSD.
I can usually deal with them on my own, and I don't expect others to predict them or understand.

For the record though - emotions that trigger me include
- Helplessness
- Guilt and Shame, or seeing others be shamed
- Being belittled or criticised, especially by women
- Seeing prolonged hypocrisy from people (double standards including misandry)

Trigger topics that I try not to read about
- Emotional abuse and manipulation
- Animal cruelty
- Abortion and religious or ethical debates

If 'Triggers' is more popular I'll re-do the poll.

What you said was WELL SAID. Thanks for your thoughts.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2021, 6:04 am

sitko wrote:
Hi,
I was wondering has there ever been an attempt to color code certain autistic traits, And then assign each person which every trait they struggle with the most. This would be a completely optional coding.

What I mean is that the community comes up with the color key. Then each user could have a colored icon that represents their issue, as a way to warn other autistics when they interact on here. Alternatively, maybe we color code "triggers" and people could get icons that represent what their triggers are. So, if my icon has a green halo, it means Employment is a trigger, or Abuse is red. That way when one user approaches another they don't inadvertently set off the other persons triggers.

And if the person has multiple triggers in different categories?

And it seems to me there would have to be an awful lot of different categories. How many categories do you envision?

To me the idea of color coding of "triggers" -- with so many different colors needed to represent various kinds of issues -- is likely to be more confusing than it's worth.

In some contexts, color coding can work fine, but only when there are at most three or four colors to deal with. For example, the color communication badges that have been used at some conferences for autistic people.

sitko wrote:
If you don't mind, please answer the quiz, so we can see if there are certain favorite colors.

I'll answer if you add the option "I really don't like the idea of being represented by any one color."

sitko
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Jun 2021, 9:05 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
sitko wrote:
If you don't mind, please answer the poll, so we can see if there are certain favorite colors.

I'll answer if you add the option "I really don't like the idea of being represented by any one color."

i believe I set it to be able to pick more than one color.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2021, 9:07 am

Plaid.
Tartan Plaid.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.