Vandals target Queens, New York Vietnam War Memorials

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2021, 4:44 pm

Vietnam War Memorial At Queens Park Vandalized With Graffiti - Video
Swastikas and "Baby Killers" were painted on the wall in Elmhurst. For those that do not know some soldiers upon return home from the Vietnam War war were spit on and called baby killers

Glendale veterans’ display vandalized

Quote:
Ed Britton may live in Ocala, Fla., but he likes to keep tabs on his old neighborhood. And he was looking at the Chronicle’s website Monday when he saw that a vandal had desecrated an American flag put up in Glendale by Members of Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 32 in preparation for Memorial Day.

Then, early Monday morning, someone spray-painted “Free Palestine” on a large American flag there.

“Police have been notified; making report as Vandalism as a hate crime,” Chapter 32 said in an email. The email stated there is a video of a man painting the flag at about 4:30 a.m. while walking a dog.

But the American flag had been vandalized with red paint.

“I don’t know why they did that,” Feddern said. “We don’t have an Israeli flag up here. We don’t have a Palestinian flag.”

O’Kane said to him it makes no difference if the vandal was a true believer in the Palestinian cause or just a mindless person pulling what he or she might consider a prank.

“It’s disgusting,” he said.

Both said the veterans intended to replace the flag once police have taken all necessary photographs and reports.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 1:13 am

We have similar vandalism committed against out Vietnam war memorials in Australia as well. It's been going on since the 1960s so I am not sure how this is news?