04 Jun 2021, 4:09 am

its Maggi shes hot but not that hot. :mrgreen:

some say its a thing, ADHD people like 'brakeless'

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 7:09 am

Nice.

Did you get a smaller frame for better handling? I should have done the same.

Front wheel clearance looks crazy tight. Are those 172.5 cranks? There is no toe overlap?

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 7:21 am

Chain looks too tight, I leave a little slack, but probably with decent chainring this is not that much of a concern.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 2:49 pm

Actually it is my size because I have no torso, my legs go up to my chin.

because of this I spent 2 decades on bikes too big, and to make it worse I thought I was a 56 but kept ending up with 58s. I foolishly preferred too long of a top tube to a low head tube, because at first too long seems better than too low at the front.

I got this 54cm bike 11 months ago now, had just started single speed a few months before. [briefly had a 56cm steamroller that was more like a 58, and a 58cm fuji feather.

at first the drop bar that came with the felt was way too low [I had risers on both previous bikes], so I put a riser on the felt, and it was a revelation. Suddenly i could acutally turn smoothly. over the last year I kept lowering the riser bar and just tried drops. I thought I would hate them and only put them on cuz I want to race and will be forced to use them, but I ended up liking them, they work my skinny arms more.

Part of the reason it handles so well is the head angle and low rake fork, which I why I find the massive toe overlap a challenge rather than a problem.

Good eye on the chain! I wasnt sure but figured probably a bit snug,

edit: 165 cranks, may try 160 Rotors next.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 11:36 pm

Awesome, It's great to have options. I can't decide between casual or track frame. I'll probably give up and follow N+1 rule next season, keep my beater for relaxed commute and long distance rides and get some affordable aggressive frame one size smaller for fun and occasional racing.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 11:48 pm

do it! the beater may end up as a neglected spare!

If you are worried about toe overlap use flats, and make sure your toes do not overhang the pedal in tight turns.

When I had flats there was about 1cm clearance from the front tire.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2021, 3:58 pm

the rider is out of order, tried to dislocate my shoulder but it stayed put.

Pawned it till next wednesday, which may be optimistic

sorry if Im crankier than usual, walking sucks compared to my bike

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 1:39 pm

9 days after crash one part of my shoulder didnt seem to be healing at all, so went back to clinic.

Didnt expect any medical help , just wanted to know how long natural healing would take.

Ended up getting a session of myoActivation, seemed to give substantial improvement, maybe I will be riding on Wednesday. :mrgreen:

https://www.anatomicmedicine.org/
\
edit: a couple hours more thought and shoulder watching and the whole myo thing seems even more impressive, I think they were using it somewhat creatively with me, hitting an old injury hoping to affect the current one., which it seems to have uneniably have done.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 3:59 pm

Get well soon!

Quote:
walking sucks compared to my bike

This is so true. It's like I'm trying to run, but stay in place in a nightmare. It's impossible to explain how unbearable it feels to someone who doesn't ride.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2021, 6:42 pm

thanks! Im about 80% healed now,

I have been forced to work a bit, lol, so I check out craigslist to dream covet cheat on maggie, and oh s**t!@!

https://abbotsford.craigslist.org/bik/d ... 99331.html

edit, its not really cheat on maggie, as maggie would be kept alive for spare in case of carbon fail,

also maggie could be used for long lock ups/.

Poor Maggie! :(

I figure 25% chance I can temp work enough to get that much money and buy it before its sold or I meltdown and stop work. :arrow:

I think the price may be a problem, nice parts on it for the price I think.. someone else may jump.

edit: checked the geo and its way off for me - way longer than the carbon Felt. No cheating yet :mrgreen:

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2021, 1:32 am

I would never ride a bike like that :D

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2021, 12:58 pm

ha!, post your bike or what you want to buy.

I saved the ad.

I want one steel or aluminum and one carbon bike eventually.

Plus a freeride bike, should at least try it. Kind of weird to ride track bikes in north van and not at least try the trails.

You can throw the freeride bike on a bus most of the way, even at full price still much cheaper than skiing.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 6:05 am

No, I mean this bike would be way too nice to ride where I live.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 12:59 am

The Vpd Said Im Crazy Huh in Jewish Gematria equals: 2220

I only reported the bike today after someone used my bank card I lost, which led to ww cibc.

f**k cibc, keep holding my DB checks 2 in a row now,

first time they completelty f**k up, second was over their fraud investigation which after a day of dealing with them I figure they are investigating me and making it obvous by not listening to a f*****g thing I say.