Can autistic adults live independently ?

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 6:48 pm

Kudos to many who have posted here.

I left my home at 18yrs to move into my own apartment. Prior to that, I was a homemaker and student(as my mother died very young). I had an 18 month old baby brother to raise, 4 brothers and a sister to shop for, iron clothes for and manage. I realised I needed my independence, though continued to look after my father after moving into my own apartment. I was engaged at that time to a Navy man.

I have lived independently ever since, raising 3 children and working 6 days a week to pay my way through University and a pretty amazing career. I learned to never depend on anyone else for anything.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 6:50 pm

Juliette wrote:
Kudos to many who have posted here.

I left my home at 18yrs to move into my own apartment. Prior to that, I was a homemaker and student(as my mother died very young). I had an 18 month old baby brother to raise, 4 brothers and a sister to shop for, iron clothes for and manage. I realised I needed my independence, though continued to look after my father after moving into my own apartment. I was engaged at that time to a Navy man.

I have lived independently ever since, raising 3 children and working 6 days a week to pay my way through University and a pretty amazing career. I learned to never depend on anyone else for anything.

Huge thumbs up, Jules!

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 7:01 pm

Huge thumbs up to you dear Is :heart:

Btw, how’s Hollie doing?