70 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
100 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Where's my ice cream? 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 4

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 1:06 pm

Y'all might have seen Noom, a diet and weight management app, advertised on TV.

Last year sometime I signed up for their free 14 day trial, but quit before then because keeping up with it was too overwhelming.

So they contacted me out of the blue and offered me a year's membership for $72. I did want to lose weight and so I joined again. It went ok for a while and I did lose about 5 pounds (far less than my goal, of course). But life got complicated and I couldn't keep up with it. I slacked off a couple times, but then I slacked off big time. I haven't been back in about 2 weeks. They give you a personal virtual coach. She texted me a couple times to ask what was the matter, so I blocked her number!

I guess my gripes with it are that there are too many things I can't make work in my lifestyle. Example: they always want you to increase how many steps you take. What about people who are wheelchair bound? That's not very inclusive, is it? I also feel the language of the app is too youth oriented, which again, does not feel very inclusive. It's always hashtag this hashtag that, referring to their weight-loss experts as "nerds," etc.

Anybody else have experience with Noom, or alternatively, another online or virtual weight management app or program?