Talk about your special interests

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

enz
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 4:45 pm

Mine is currently gaming and cooking

I’m playing Skyrim and a game called ever oasis.

Ever oasis is a game where you go out into the dessert to fight monsters and do errands for villagers to build up your town.

I’ve stopped fast travelling to places in Skyrim because you miss so much interactions with travellers, bandits, monsters etc.

As for cooking I’m reading a book called food lab where a guy with a scientific background goes about making delicious food. Currently wanting to learn to make eggs Benedict instead of paying fortune at cafe

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 4:53 pm

Trains.... Model railways, railways, model trains... Uhmmm... Did I mention trains? Bicycles and trains... Trains and things like that. Cars, trains and trains.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 5:08 pm

I don't have special interests but I do have casual interests that aren't very common among autistic people. I like shopping, pet rats, British comedies and dramas, gossip, Amy Winehouse and writing.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 5:40 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Trains.... Model railways, railways, model trains... Uhmmm... Did I mention trains? Bicycles and trains... Trains and things like that. Cars, trains and trains.

do you have a model trainset set up?

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 2:58 pm

I have a lot of interests but mainly clothing. I started researching clothing that suits my body type ten years ago and it really helped. It was really terrible wearing ill-fitting clothes and it was stigmatizing. I discovered stores like Old Navy, Torrid and Target that have beautiful clothes in my size.

There's just something about putting on a well thought out outfit that just brings a smile to my face. It's odd because I don't wear dresses. I prefer cute jeans, pants or shorts with a cute shirt and accessories.

My other special interests include plushies/stuffed animals, Mortal Kombat and Heroes of Might and Magic. Oh and makeup and Astrology.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 3:01 pm

enz wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

do you have a model trainset set up?

Kind of yes and kind of no as it is a small portable layout I am building.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 3:24 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I don't have special interests but I do have casual interests that aren't very common among autistic people. I like shopping, pet rats, British comedies and dramas, gossip, Amy Winehouse and writing.

my interests are uncommon in autistics too
my interests is cooking,beauty and driving busses

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 3:33 pm

Caz72 wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

I have only ever once driven a bus. It was a Bristol VR and it was not that long after I had passed my driving test in a car.

Brainiac42
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 6:05 pm

I am interested in Rock climbing, Chess, The Muppets, Music specifically the band Joywave but that can fluctuate, Chimpanzees, Neuroscience, and computer programming/technology but that interest has kind of faded. I also sometimes get randomly obsessed with certain things, talk everyone's head off about it, and then it fades and I don't talk about it again for years. My interested fluctuate like clockwork and they are always very intense when I become obsessed with one of them.

AngryJackal97
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Jun 2021, 8:09 pm

Mine would have to be playing around with computer programming. I’ve been messing with the python programming language lately. Astronomy is something I love to talk about. I have an app on my phone that notifies me when a meteor shower or something cool like an eclipse or planet alignment happens. Ancient civilizations from Egypt, Rome, Greece, and Israel draw me in every time! Collecting old software and games for old Windows Operating Systems like 98 is another one I love, plus the operating system itself. Something about those screensavers! Music genres such as Metal and 90’s rap is one that I discuss often with friends both ND and NT.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Jun 2021, 3:55 am

The only real special interest I currently have is my girlfriend. I do talk about her a lot on this forum but I do spend a lot of time in L&D section. Both my exes were also my special interests as well but they quit being my special interests after things ended & I accepted it was over. The only other person I had as a special interest was the iCarly star Miranda Cosgrove. I developed a mega huge crush obsession on her during the 8 year stretch I was single & feeling VERY lonely. It's very hard for me to respect celebrities considering all the baggage they usually have & it's very rare for me to think one is a great role-model. That is a major part of the crush forming along with me being very lonely & depressed. I would not say Miranda is currently my special interest but I still have feelings for her.

Other interests I have are :arrow:

Listening to music. I like a variety of types & the genera I'm really into can fluctuate quite a lot. At this moment I'm listening to the Dropkick Murphys.

Spending time on computer researching things & posting about things like on this forum. Some of my research is related to mental & physical heath stuff. My mental health is a lot better in some ways than it used to be & researching things & deciding to try certain psych meds has been a major help.

Playing older retro/old-skewl video-games like Super Nintendo & Nintendo 64. Some of my favs are The Legend of Zelda Ocarina Of Time, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Super Mario RPG Legend Of The Seven Stars. Lately I've been playing Final Fantasy 6 on my computer with an emulator. I'm playing the Super Nintendo version which I think might be FF 3 for SNES but called FF 6 in the remakes for other systems. The emulator is appealing because I like being able to save those games & reload em whenever I want. Plus being able to easily look at player guides on my comp while playing is handy. I never know when an enemy will drop something or have equipment worth stealing that can be difficult to acquire. Plus it gives me something to do on my computer that doesn't involve a lot of typing which is good if my girlfriend is trying to sleep. My comp is in our bedroom & she likes having me in the room if I'm not disturbing her. I'll probably play FF 6 in a bit after I eat.

Watching TV. Most of the shows I watch I mostly watch because they are on when I'm wanting to watch TV or I'm doing something else in the living-room & they are on for background. I don't really go out of my way to watch most shows though. Shows I watch a lot are Ridiculousness, Impractical Jokers, World's Dumbest, & Spongebob but I'll watch lots of other shows if I know they are on when I'm wanting to watch TV. The Adult Swim segment at night on Cartoon Network has lots of good shows. I'm looking forward to the new season of Rick & Morty. The new Nickelodeon show The Barbarian & The Troll is pretty funny. I'm going to sign up for Paramount Plus to watch the iCarly remake that premiers on the 17th if my equipment is compatible with the app.

I have a knife/blade collection along with some other various types of weapons. I have a lot that could be hung or displayed if we get around to it but a lot is not out ATM. My girlfriend has a slight interest in that as well but I'm partly why she got into it.

I have a small crystal skull collection & I have some other interesting rocks & things & my girlfriend kinda likes that stuff too.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2021, 4:16 am

Caz72 wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

Cooking and beauty are also my special interests. Makeup for example. Also asian cultures and religions