How do different types of people view the world…?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Jun 2021, 5:56 am

How do other people view the world for example how do NTs see socially?

And other people too for example people with different careers???

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 8:56 am

I honestly don't know because in the past I assumed people thought like me but somehow I was different. I honestly could not work it out why. I thought the different family background I grew up in was causing me to be different, but somehow it did not relate. I did not have an answer back then until I came on this site and discovered that brains can think in different ways. It was all new to me and things started making sense!

But I am asking the same questions. How do different people actually think?

It took me a long time to work out how I think. It took a lot of thinking to think about it. In the past I had not thought about it and times when I asked this question I was told not to think about such things because "One could end up in a mental home if one did" and I did not want to end up there so I refused to think about it.
Part of coming onto this site was the revelation that "It is ok to think about how I think". My mother was skeptical at first. You see we had been taught by my granmothers on both sides not to talk about anything mental, especially not with doctors! The limits we could go was to say "I have a headache" if we were feeling ill. Anything beyond that was not allowed. The older generation had good reason as well as people were locked up for things like this, or forced to take mind numbing medication as thinking about how one thinks was seen as not a normal thing to do.

Maybe I am in rebellion as I think! :D

I have worked out though that I think a lot in pictures. I do maths in pictures via counting pictures of serieses of dots. I do lots in pictures. I have to visualize things in picture form to really understand them. I can easily design things in my mind, but like my Dad as he was a very visual thinker, we rarely put anything to paper. We would just build what we saw.

My Mum thinks in words. Her brain works in words. If she does maths, her brain uses words so if she writes a maths sum, she has to write it as "Four plus four equals" in order to do the sum. It is how her mind works. She could read and write from the age of two and a half onwards and by the time she was six, she had read most of the books in the library and many were adults books. She is like a walking dictionary.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 12:54 pm

I see a lot of age police and gender police. I also see people that I need to study before I can decide whether to trust them or not. When I see rocks, I see paper weights that I can bring to life with a little bit of paint and creativity. I see pre-born Om Noms when I look at peas.

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jun 2021, 2:23 am

I know a lot of police are law type or rule type thinkers.

I have heard a lot of astrologers looking up into space.

I’ve heard a lot of rappers that rap when they are talking normally.

This is kinda what I mean?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2021, 3:54 pm

In my old age I get amazed more and more how folks think differently- just on the job.

Approach the same tasks differently. Takes a lot of explaining to illustrate the differences.

As Cockney said, there are differences between visual thinkers and verbal thinkers. Also apparant differences in male and female thinking styles. Differences between AS and NT. Differences due to life experiences.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 6:00 am

From what I gather, most Aspies view themselves as individuals and assume others do as well. In reality, it seems what NTs have in common is this overriding hierarchical perspective.

In order for me to like/dislike a person, I have to get to know them. If people I already know and trust tell me their opinions of this person, I'll keep them in mind; but ultimately, I decide how I feel about another person.

NTs follow the leader. If you wonder why it seems everyone dislikes you, it's because ONE socially powerful/influential person doesn't like you, bad mouths you, and the other NTs trust their judgement and form opinions based on what their social superior told them, not their own rationale.

This is the main dividing line between NTs and Aspies. Even understanding it intellectually doesn't make it any easier to comprehend emotionally if you have Asperger's.

ronglxy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jun 2021, 8:44 am

Easy answer is: VERY DIFFENENTLY. Hard answer (mine, in progress, etc.) is: based first on their Meyers Briggs Pers Type, secondly on their Enneagram(sp?) . . . but only as casusual traits-ology lists I at first thought.

Now just traits-ology connects stuff without looking too deep, at least for me. I really find David Keirsey's sub-clumping of the orriginal 16 main types into SP, SJ, NT & NF to do wonders for making sense of all I see outside of me.

Inside of me I see my traits puddle sit squarely on mbti of INXP, where X is the not well accepted "seems to be an equal mix of the two usually either-or but not both traits of that slot." (Yes, mine sits quite squarely, straddling two of them! So sorry, thats what the/my data sez) In that case, Im a mixed T-F and it fits for me.

Switching to the Enn, I get Im a 5-4. Sooo, that puts this body into artsy, nature, high think'n with an ethics strangle hold upon itself.

Add in high anxiety, general non-standardness, sociality dis-interest & hard core loneristicallity and . . .?? It feels very wrong galaxy, way beyond even wrong planetary.

That's what I get of world view "viewing!"

And I have no idea where to go from this/that.

Dandansson
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Jun 2021, 9:55 am

Technic1 wrote:

Other people than you? Even two people with the same diagnosis are very different.

Dandansson
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Jun 2021, 9:58 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
I honestly don't know because in the past I assumed people thought like me but somehow I was different. I honestly could not work it out why. I thought the different family background I grew up in was causing me to be different, but somehow it did not relate. I did not have an answer back then until I came on this site and discovered that brains can think in different ways. It was all new to me and things started making sense!

But I am asking the same questions. How do different people actually think?

It took me a long time to work out how I think. It took a lot of thinking to think about it. In the past I had not thought about it and times when I asked this question I was told not to think about such things because "One could end up in a mental home if one did" and I did not want to end up there so I refused to think about it.
Part of coming onto this site was the revelation that "It is ok to think about how I think". My mother was skeptical at first. You see we had been taught by my granmothers on both sides not to talk about anything mental, especially not with doctors! The limits we could go was to say "I have a headache" if we were feeling ill. Anything beyond that was not allowed. The older generation had good reason as well as people were locked up for things like this, or forced to take mind numbing medication as thinking about how one thinks was seen as not a normal thing to do.

Maybe I am in rebellion as I think! :D

I have worked out though that I think a lot in pictures. I do maths in pictures via counting pictures of serieses of dots. I do lots in pictures. I have to visualize things in picture form to really understand them. I can easily design things in my mind, but like my Dad as he was a very visual thinker, we rarely put anything to paper. We would just build what we saw.

My Mum thinks in words. Her brain works in words. If she does maths, her brain uses words so if she writes a maths sum, she has to write it as "Four plus four equals" in order to do the sum. It is how her mind works. She could read and write from the age of two and a half onwards and by the time she was six, she had read most of the books in the library and many were adults books. She is like a walking dictionary.

I think in words. Pictures are too difficult. I've never been told how to think in pictures.

Cuppacoffee
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Jun 2021, 1:04 pm

Technic1 wrote:

I cannot comprehend the world, as it is too big a place, and I have not seen it all.
So instead I try wondering what my life is about, and have struggled with that question also... My simple answer, when frustrated, is "it's a learning curve". And I would like to think that I leave this world in no worse a place than I found it in.
I don't know what you mean by "see socially". People can be a lot of things. People can cause pleasure and / or pain. Some people can be read easily, many cannot. Without people life would be easier in some respects, but harder, shorter, and lonelier too.

I guess the world is a different place for each and every pair of eyes.

I'm NT.

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jun 2021, 9:02 am

[quote="ezbzbfcg2]NTs follow the leader. If you wonder why it seems everyone dislikes you, it's because ONE socially powerful/influential person doesn't like you, bad mouths you, and the other NTs trust their judgement and form opinions based on what their social superior told them, not their own rationale.[/quote]

Thank you, I thought it was my fault…