California's "Assault weapon" ban overturned.

Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 12:43 pm

magz wrote:
^ I think you're still missing FXE's point that a heavy ban on guns at a level of a city is pretty pointless - unless you had routine checks upon entering the city but no one would like that solution.

By the way, how is it done in Canada? Canada has enough wilderness for a good reason for gun presence but also cities big enough for a good reason for gun control. How do they manage it?

Canada is strict compared to the US, but a lot of that is focused on handguns and semi-auto rifles. There's limits on magazine size (5 rounds, which I believe is excessively strict), there's type bans and there's licensing.

The long gun registry didn't come into effect and probably wouldn't have impacted crime much.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 12:44 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
magz wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
People who want only the government to have weapons are free to move to Chicago and see how well that works.
I think in Chicago it does not work.
How about Germany? Or Britain?

It's almost like Chicago is surrounded by regions hostile to the notion of gun control that provide a large reservoir from which to acquire guns.

So if only the entire nation was disarmed there would be no violence? Only the government can be trusted with guns huh?

Lol, how quaint, you can't refute what I said so you deflect with something I haven't said.

Germans and British are subjects of their government rather than sovereign citizens. We haven't had to worry about what the British do since 1776. Mainly because we had our own guns.

Sovereign citizens, like these guys?

Most Americans are sane and reject that ideology.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 2:01 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
magz wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
People who want only the government to have weapons are free to move to Chicago and see how well that works.
I think in Chicago it does not work.
How about Germany? Or Britain?

It's almost like Chicago is surrounded by regions hostile to the notion of gun control that provide a large reservoir from which to acquire guns.

So if only the entire nation was disarmed there would be no violence? Only the government can be trusted with guns huh?

Lol, how quaint, you can't refute what I said so you deflect with something I haven't said.

Germans and British are subjects of their government rather than sovereign citizens. We haven't had to worry about what the British do since 1776. Mainly because we had our own guns.

Yes life in today's Germany or UK is a dystopian nightmare. Nobody's going to disagree about that!