Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Bitter Grapefruit
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jun 2021, 10:46 pm

I'm going to just go by Bitter Grapefruit for now and decide later if I want to share any personal or identifiable info...seeing what the rules say, and how I feel after things went south on some other platforms while doing that.

I knew about this place since 2008 or so when I got told about my diagnosis (really I got it somewhere between 1 and 5 years old, I'm 21). Never came in for various reasons but I'm here now, I guess.

Sorry if I come across as bitter in my words a lot - I usually am, that's why the name.

I've been on other forums before, including one for people of different abilities and some general or gaming ones. Older internet places aren't really my style any more than newer ones though, I'm a misfit socially (wow who guessed) and I'm not very good with following rules, cultures, or formats. So I'll try to be quiet and just observe. (and probably write a lot less than in this post).

Lastly, I want to confess my history online is not clean; I've been banned from some sites and other places etc. although usually it was a soft parting. It's part of why I'm bitter but not the whole story, my real life has been a bit kinder to me but only by so much. People who know me face to face don't really like me online and vice versa.

Oh, nice, this place uses the old emojis from one of my first online places. That's nice too...

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2021, 2:00 am

Hello. Welcome to Wrong Planet.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2021, 2:10 am

Bitter Grapefruit wrote:
I'm going to just go by Bitter Grapefruit for now and decide later if I want to share any personal or identifiable info...seeing what the rules say, and how I feel after things went south on some other platforms while doing that.

I knew about this place since 2008 or so when I got told about my diagnosis (really I got it somewhere between 1 and 5 years old, I'm 21). Never came in for various reasons but I'm here now, I guess.

Sorry if I come across as bitter in my words a lot - I usually am, that's why the name.

I've been on other forums before, including one for people of different abilities and some general or gaming ones. Older internet places aren't really my style any more than newer ones though, I'm a misfit socially (wow who guessed) and I'm not very good with following rules, cultures, or formats. So I'll try to be quiet and just observe. (and probably write a lot less than in this post).

Lastly, I want to confess my history online is not clean; I've been banned from some sites and other places etc. although usually it was a soft parting. It's part of why I'm bitter but not the whole story, my real life has been a bit kinder to me but only by so much. People who know me face to face don't really like me online and vice versa.

Oh, nice, this place uses the old emojis from one of my first online places. That's nice too...

welcome to WP

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2021, 9:38 am

Welcome to WP. I hope this site and you turn out to be a successful match.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2021, 12:46 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 11:17 am

Welcome to the joint Bitter Grapefruit!

browneyedgirlslowingdown
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Jun 2021, 11:37 am

Welcome!

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 50 of 200
You are very likely on the broader autism cluster (Aspie)
Systemising Quotient (SQ) 78
Empathy Quotient (EQ) 41
CAT-Q 156 Compensation 56 Masking 48 Assimilation 52

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 5:34 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2021, 7:39 pm

welcome, hope you will find a comfortable online home with us. glad you are here.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 5:49 pm

Hi and welcome Bitter Grapefruit :).

CarlM
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 9:26 pm

Hi BG and welcome to Wrong Planet :D.

aquafelix
Veteran