Autism Advantage - dead link - do they still exist?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2021, 6:16 pm

I was just reading this article on WP:

Before You Look for Work Here Are Four Things You Should Absolutely Know
https://wrongplanet.net/look-work-four- ... tely-know/

It ends this way:

"Autism Advantage operates in partnership with Expandability, a non-profit initially established in Silicon Valley to aid disabled programmers. Autism Advantage was developed out of Expandability’s highly successful Autism at Work program it first pioneered with software company SAP. Those interested in the program can sign-up here. Additionally, Autism Advantage continuously seeks input from autistic individuals as they build programs and welcomes the input of suggestions and new ideas."

The "sign-up" link is a dead link.
Is this a minor glitch (like the page moved) or has the "Autism Advantage" program/group folded?

If they are "gone-gone" the article's dead link should be removed, and an appropriate note added.

If they just moved then the dead-link should be fixed.

Does anyone know?

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2021, 8:23 am

The Expandability "Our Mission" page hints they tweaked the program and its name (though I'm not certain of either).

The page's link to their new Neurodiversity Pathways program works but I don't know if its destination is kind of what you were looking for.

Good hunting!

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2021, 9:25 am

Thanks DR, that helped.

The article is also authored by "Jack Hogan and John Marble" - is anyone here at WP connected to either author on Linkedin or some other kind of social media / internet-six-degrees-to-keven-bacon type way?

ronglxy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jun 2021, 7:49 am

I am interested in the topic. But I have no answers to your questions.

Im also new to this sitre, new to maybe/probably Aspergers (is it aspie or AS ASD??) and undiagnosed/undiagnosable ??, due to age its said, 78.

But the trait bin Im in is seemingly Asper/aut?? and I "get to keep living it, whatever bin it is!!"
So Id really like to hear of anything going on.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 1:38 pm

Welcome ronglxy! You could try the RDOS free (unofficial) self test - https://www.rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php

ronglxy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jul 2021, 1:39 pm

Thanks Fenn. Very interesting! Very strange.
My #'s were similar enuf to yours, to I guess join the clan. But my "spider diagram(?)" was one loop going up and right toward "thinking," with l else negligible. OK by me!

So now what? Carry on seems right, feels right, and can be easily done continuing on.

ronglxy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jul 2021, 2:05 pm

Correction to Fenn: Upon checking my "spider diagm." was to rhs talent not thinking, and had a shoulder toward rhs perception, I didn't @ 1st notice.