Lecturer At Yale Event Fantasizes About Murdering Whites

Page 20 of 21 [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 11:51 pm

Brictoria wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
A lot of Critical Race Theory and Anti Racism training have given up on the aspirational part, they say in so many words “MLK had a pipe dream”

The goal of CRT in the western world is ultimately to make itself redundant.

From what I have seen, the proponents of CRT are mainly those seeking an "acceptable" way in which to perpetuate racism, either:
From weaponising race against sections of the population in order to provide a sense of "moral superiority", OR
Through working to antagonise that section of the population so far that it instigates the type of "racism" (which those people did not have prior to CRT acolytes pushing CRT on them) required to "justify" CRT - A form of bullying, with the intention being to have the target "lash out", which will then be used as "evidence" to suport the initial bullying:
Quote:
Bullying is when people repeatedly and intentionally use words or actions against someone or a group of people to cause distress and risk to their wellbeing.

Source: https://humanrights.gov.au/our-work/commission-general/what-bullying-violence-harassment-and-bullying-fact-sheet

I actually think most training in CRT is intended to increase cross-cultural knowledge, reduce prejudice which leads to a reduction in discrimination in the real world. I fail to see how that is intended to bully anyone other than those who wish to resist learning anything to do with POCs.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2021, 12:28 am

cyberdad wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
A lot of Critical Race Theory and Anti Racism training have given up on the aspirational part, they say in so many words “MLK had a pipe dream”

The goal of CRT in the western world is ultimately to make itself redundant.

From what I have seen, the proponents of CRT are mainly those seeking an "acceptable" way in which to perpetuate racism, either:
From weaponising race against sections of the population in order to provide a sense of "moral superiority", OR
Through working to antagonise that section of the population so far that it instigates the type of "racism" (which those people did not have prior to CRT acolytes pushing CRT on them) required to "justify" CRT - A form of bullying, with the intention being to have the target "lash out", which will then be used as "evidence" to suport the initial bullying:
Quote:
Bullying is when people repeatedly and intentionally use words or actions against someone or a group of people to cause distress and risk to their wellbeing.

Source: https://humanrights.gov.au/our-work/commission-general/what-bullying-violence-harassment-and-bullying-fact-sheet

I actually think most training in CRT is intended to increase cross-cultural knowledge, reduce prejudice which leads to a reduction in discrimination in the real world. I fail to see how that is intended to bully anyone other than those who wish to resist learning anything to do with POCs.

Tell a person they are worthless enough times (despite evidence to the contrary), and they will come to believe this, and act in that manner. Similarly, tell a person they are inherently racist enough times and they are likely to decide that if that is what is expected of them, they should take on that behaviour.

I will say, it is interesting (and quite hypocritical) to have "racial prejudice" explained to me by a person with a predilection for weaponising race to demean others\their message...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2021, 2:31 am

Brictoria wrote:
I will say, it is interesting (and quite hypocritical) to have "racial prejudice" explained to me by a person with a predilection for weaponising race to demean others\their message...

I should warn you Brictoria you are drifting into personal attacks again (and not for the first time) when all I am trying my best to focus on the topic of the thread.

It's my guess you are trying to bait me (once again) in a bid to lock this thread because you can't come up with any valid counter-arguments.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2021, 6:55 am

The problem with a lot of these trainings is not the effort to redress historical and current racism, it is how they are trying to redress it, as been pointed out by perpetuating negative racist stereotypes.

Two wrongs don’t make a right.
(sarcasm)
Two words don’t make a right is a statement born of systematic racism. Me writing that is proof of my racism. I only said that because I am ignorant of my white privilege. Or maybe it is just my white fragility.

And that part about CRT redressing racism the wrong way, Whitesplaining, grounds for cancelation.

Mandatory CRT and Anti Racism training for me. I am a serious case I am a candidate for the new experimental ABA driven anti racism training :D

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2021, 11:02 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I’ve benefited from “being white.”

I haven’t benefited from looking poor and autistic. Both have caused me problems.

There's benefit in everything.

Be the hero of your life.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2021, 4:39 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
a lot of these trainings is not the effort to redress historical and current racism, it is how they are trying to redress it, as been pointed out by perpetuating negative racist stereotypes.
Two wrongs don’t make a right.
(sarcasm)
Two words don’t make a right is a statement born of systematic racism. Me writing that is proof of my racism. I only said that because I am ignorant of my white privilege. Or maybe it is just my white fragility.

I should point out that there's multiple forms of anti-racism training. I've worked in institutions that have "Learning Asian names" which is an actual module to help Australians pronounce Asian names to not cause offence.

Even for me (having lived in Asia) I have no hope of correctly pronouncing all types of names ranging from Greek, Spanish, Chinese all the way to Arabic. I'm not bad with Indian names though.

I'm hopeless with gender pronouns.

Everything is a work in progress. Even those of us who are "woke" :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2021, 4:42 pm

I certainly agree with pronouncing peoples' names properly....

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2021, 6:12 pm

Brictoria wrote:

Tell a person they are worthless enough times (despite evidence to the contrary), and they will come to believe this, and act in that manner. Similarly, tell a person they are inherently racist enough times and they are likely to decide that if that is what is expected of them, they should take on that behaviour.

If you lack self-confidence, and I don't.
I just dismiss foolish people playing political one-upmanship rather than focusing on the Truth. 8)
Generally, I don't even read their posts. :wink:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2021, 7:09 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I certainly agree with pronouncing peoples' names properly....

I often ask the person out of politeness before I attempt their name.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2021, 12:36 am

Pepe wrote:
Brictoria wrote:

If you lack self-confidence, and I don't.

They only need a small number - even one example can be enough for them to justify their actions to themselves.

The wider they throw their net ("all white people are inherently racist", for example), the greater the pool of prospective "converts" they have who could potentially change from ignoring another's race to becoming hostile to it merely because they were repeatedly informed it was something "expected of them".

Then there's also the other side of the coin where those who are not "white" (or "white aligned" - the recent dog-whistle used to isolate inconvenient portions of the "non-white" community in order to persecute their race under the guise of "anti-racism") who are continually led to believe that every "white" (or "white aligned") person is racist, and as such are convinced that they need to react to those people as though they are inevitably hostile to themselves, furthering racial distrust\division, rather than (as they claim is their intention) working to remove it.

Pepe wrote:
I just dismiss foolish people playing political one-upmanship rather than focusing on the Truth. 8)
Generally, I don't even read their posts. :wink:

True... I just find that ensuring other potential readers are aware of pertinent facts and can verify the biases behind sources, in order to make informed judgments on what they read, to be of assistance to the wider community.

Consider it (for example) the difference between someone subjectively claiming another person (or their actions) is "racist", compared to providing evidence of the person's objectively racist words\actions\beliefs - With the former, there's no way to determine how the person came to that decision, or if there were some hypocritical stance\nefarious purpose behind the claim, whereas in the latter, the reader can look at the sources and see whether there is substance to the assertion, or see the hypocritical stance\nefarious purpose behind the false\questionable claim.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 5:27 am

All this faux outrage of this female doctor yet real racist doctors seem to be protected

Priorities all screwed up...

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2021, 7:16 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
I'm not sure what I find more disturbing.
Khilanani's actual comments or the people who rush to defend or rationalize her violent and racist comments.

I'm with you on this as well sir.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2021, 7:47 pm

longshot wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
I'm not sure what I find more disturbing.
Khilanani's actual comments or the people who rush to defend or rationalize her violent and racist comments.

I'm with you on this as well sir.

Dildo Ditto. 8)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2021, 7:54 pm

It would appear the good doctor has been cancelled
https://meaww.com/aruna-khilanani-fired ... y-hospital

Interesting how those in the American media whose primary purpose is the defence of the 1st amendment when it comes to bashing minority groups are suddenly doing the very thing they claim to be defending against?.

The hypocrisy and double standards practiced by those defending the conservative right is amusing.

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2021, 8:56 pm

cyberdad wrote:

Interesting how those in the American media whose primary purpose is the defence of the 1st amendment when it comes to bashing minority groups are suddenly doing the very thing they claim to be defending against?.

The hypocrisy and double standards practiced by those defending the conservative right is amusing.

Encouraging injury or murder of another person that might incite violence is not covered by the 1st amendment.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2021, 8:57 pm

Daddy63 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Encouraging injury or murder of another person that might incite violence is not covered by the 1st amendment.

Neither is how your private employer reacts (unless you've got tenure).

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う