Lecturer At Yale Event Fantasizes About Murdering Whites

Page 1 of 21 [ 332 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2021, 8:40 pm

The marketplace of ideas at it again.

https://thefederalist.com/2021/06/04/le ... re-rotten/

In an official lecture called “The Psychopathic Problem of the White Mind,” given by Aruna Khilanani at the Yale School of Medicine’s Department of Child Study Center, Khilanani graphically described her fantasy about killing and burying white people, saying, “I had fantasies of unloading a revolver into the heads of any white person that got in my way, burying their body, and wiping my bloody hands as I walked away relatively guiltless with a bounce in my step. Like I did the world a f*****g favor.”

The audio, which can be found here, includes a number of racially charged remarks directed at white people, including, “White people are out of their minds and they have been for a long time,” as well as, “We keep forgetting that directly talking about race is a waste of our breath. We are asking a demented, violent predator who thinks that they are a saint or a superhero, to accept responsibility. It ain’t gonna happen. They have five holes in their brain. It’s like banging your head against a brick wall.”

Khilanani’s animus against white people extends into her personal life, as she noted that she had made it her goal to “cut out everything white,” describing her motivation behind cutting off white friends and leaving institutions she considered too white.

“There are no good apples,” Khilanani remarked. “White people make my blood boil.”

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2021, 11:21 pm

There is no “white mind.”

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2021, 3:20 am

I feel sorry for this lady

An important question to ask her is why she got to the stage where she felt the need to “cut out everything white,” describing her motivation behind cutting off white friends and leaving institutions she considered too white.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2021, 3:23 am

A little context might be helpful before casting judgement on Dr Khilanani
https://www.the-sun.com/news/3022427/wh ... khilanani/

She's a psychiatrist and psychoanalyst so she is self-exploring facing the darker elements of her subconscious mind. I find her research interests quite fascinating.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

08 Jun 2021, 3:43 am

Acknowledging your dark side is healthy - feeding it is not.

What I find central to the quoted text:

Quote:
We are asking a demented, violent predator who thinks that they are a saint or a superhero, to accept responsibility. It ain’t gonna happen.
I think everyone who had to deal with a narcissist knows exactly that feeling - especially when the narcissist was the one in power.

I don't know how it really distributes among US races but I have an impression that the mainstream US culture - that is white-dominated - does have a problem with society-wide narcissism.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2021, 4:57 am

To be honest with you, it is rare to find a white as racist as she is.

The problem is that when we give platforms for such people to speak, we create new generations of racist people. Doesn't the university have a policy against racism? Why don't they use it and exclude her from the university like they do to many others?

The problem is, we either allow free speech for all extremes or we don't.

We can't pick and choose which group or race is allowed to promote a racist agenda ad which is not.

Yes, it is perfectly clear that she has a mental instability somewhere. There maybe a reason for this, but it is not an excuse. If it was an excuse, then those who join racist groups to attack others of different races would also have an excuse.

The problem is, do we allow free speech? If we do we HAVE to allow free speech for all races and backgrounds. (It is why past laws allowed all forms of free speech as long as they did not physically ACT on their discrimination).

Or we make laws to prevent race related incidents but such laws HAVE to be used all ways and not in just one direction, as laws that say one race must not say things to discriminate against another, but we do not also say that the other cant discriminate against the first race... Then the laws promote racism and are discriminatory from their roots up. It is why we in the UK and from what I understand the USA desperately need laws that work BOTH WAYS, or they need to go back to the old laws that allowed free speech as long as no one physically acted on what was said in an unlawful way.

Last edited by Mountain Goat on 08 Jun 2021, 5:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

08 Jun 2021, 4:59 am

Mountain Goat wrote:

Not sure about it - we're both in Europe where race problems are generally a lot milder, from all sides.
Based on some trolls I had no choice but to ban - not really :(

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2021, 5:14 am

Mountain Goat wrote:

The problem is that when we give platforms for such people to speak, we create new generations of racist people. Doesn't the university have a policy against racism? Why don't they use it and exclude her from the university like they do to many others?

I agree she has a problem but it sounds like a cry for help. I am more concerned about the reasons for her feeling this way as I am 100% sure she would never act on her expressed urges.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2021, 6:06 am

cyberdad wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

I agree she has a problem but it sounds like a cry for help. I am more concerned about the reasons for her feeling this way as I am 100% sure she would never act on her expressed urges.

You could be right but the university should act either way. If she needs help they should be there for her. If she seems not to need help, then they should act to show her that her behaviour is wrong. Either way not acting promotes racial hate.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2021, 7:25 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

You could be right but the university should act either way. If she needs help they should be there for her. If she seems not to need help, then they should act to show her that her behaviour is wrong. Either way not acting promotes racial hate.

She's a psychiatrist so of all people she should know what to do. I think following this episode she should explain the reasons for her comments and then for the benefit of people disturbed by her expressing these views she should assure them she is exploring her inner feelings/thoughts perhaps she has been suppressing.

Hopefully it will open a diaglogue about what triggered all this in the first place.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2021, 7:31 am

If she was white, saying this stuff about another race would certainly end her career. But there are double-standards in play. Make no mistake about it, this lady may not act on her words, but she's unapologetically racist.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2021, 8:02 am

She (probably metaphorically/symbolically) wants to kill white people.

And for what? Being white?

WTF????

If that's not racist, then I don't know what is racist.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2021, 8:13 am

I'm not sure what I find more disturbing.
Khilanani's actual comments or the people who rush to defend or rationalize her violent and racist comments.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2021, 8:22 am

Within the context of a creative production, this might be okay.....but for serious academic discourse, I don't find this okay.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

08 Jun 2021, 8:30 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Within the context of a creative production, this might be okay.....but for serious academic discourse, I don't find this okay.
It certainly does not help find possible constructive solutions - and feeds the most unhealthy instincts in both sides :(

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2021, 8:31 am

It’s racism , if she had been white and said this about black people she would have been fired.