Lecturer At Yale Event Fantasizes About Murdering Whites

Page 19 of 21 [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 7:52 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
A lot of Critical Race Theory and Anti Racism training have given up on the aspirational part, they say in so many words “MLK had a pipe dream”

The goal of CRT in the western world is ultimately to make itself redundant. Race is an artificial construct perpetuated by white people. Most white folk continue to conflate race with culture and religion. People from specific cultural or religious backgrounds have the right to practice their culture or religion with only one constraint that it does not break federal or state laws.

If non-white people live in the USA or Australia and tell their children that they must "keep their bloodlines pure" they are being no better than "race conscious" white people. But if they tell their kids to keep the culture or follow the religion then that has nothing to do with CRT. . That is called freedom of choice,

Secondly, anti-racism training is primarily aimed at people who work in multiracial environments to reduce their risk of offending people from other races (or cultures) with the goal of creating safe spaces for people from minorities. It has nothing to do with MLK.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 8:03 pm

cyberdad wrote:

Race is an artificial construct perpetuated by white people..

and you, apparently

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 8:09 pm

Race is an artificial construct.

We must get rid of "race" as an entity.

Critical Race Theory, while its goal is laudable, I believe perpetuates the concept of race.

White people were to blame for much of the racism of the "western world." But to place the onus on individual white folks, many of whom are not racists, and who seek to create an "even playing field"---for the wrongs which were perpetuated in the past, and for wrongs which are perpetuated by racists this present day, will turn off plenty of people.

People of Caucasian background do not want to be placed in the role of villain, just like POC don't want to be stereotyped, targeted, attacked, etc. Nowadays, within certain contexts, white people are stereotyped, targeted, attacked, etc. for merely being white. They are accused of, always, benefitting from "white privilege," for example.

What bothers me is the assumption that, by virtue of being white, one is automatically a racist.

I believe the goal should be the ultimate elimination of such things as "affirmative action," so that there will be a "level playing field" in all areas. I do not want anybody to be discriminated against on the basis of race/ethnicity----or any category of person, really.

I want to move on from the past......we Jews had the Holocaust.....but I don't blame individual Germans living today. We have to be aware of the legacy of racism----but my fondest hope is to move on from that, too, and live in a progressive society devoid of racist consideration. Where there is an "even playing field."

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 8:23 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Race is an artificial construct.

We must get rid of "race" as an entity.

Critical Race Theory, while its goal is laudable, I believe perpetuates the concept of race.

White people were to blame for much of the racism of the "western world."

But to place the onus on individual white folks, many of whom are not racists, and who seek to create an "even playing field"---for the wrongs which were perpetuated in the past, and for wrongs which are perpetuated by racists this present day, will turn off plenty of people.

People of Caucasian background do not want to be placed in the role of villain, just like POC don't want to be stereotyped, targeted, attacked, etc. Nowadays, within certain contexts, white people are stereotyped, targeted, attacked, etc. for merely being white. They are accused of, always, benefitting from "white privilege," for example.

What bothers me is the assumption that, by virtue of being white, one is automatically a racist.

I believe the goal should be the ultimate elimination of such things as "affirmative action," so that there will be a "level playing field" in all areas. I do not want anybody to be discriminated against on the basis of race/ethnicity----or any category of person, really.

I agree with the spirit of your post but I think the issue is far more nuanced/complex than distilling it down to one of economic equality alone. Dr Khilanani also referred to micro-aggressions and condescension that she as a POC puts up with every day. I gather that being a POC will either be pointed out or their presence made an issue when they just want to mind their own business or conversely ignored, ghosted or invisible when trying to engage.

We have white folks saying this is all woke stuff and that they no longer race. But then you have so much noise from the POC. I don't think its all in their heads.

Like it or not...this is still a work in progress. CRT, anti-racism training and initiatives like the 1619 project are constructive attempts to make the dominant cultures aware of what POC go through. To claim these small initiatives are somehow destroying white people's freedom or shoving "wokeness" down out throats is a massive over reaction and I think you and I both know why.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 8:27 pm

Nothing wrong with teaching people what POC go through. I know what POC go through. I have many friends who are POC.

But just stop assuming that every white person is an abject racist. And stamp out those folks who describe white people as being a "malignancy."

Racism stares me in the face every day. I live in a city with obvious economic disparities, much of which is based on race.

I don't believe the solution lies in placing blame. I believe the solution lies in bringing people together. Martin Luther King acknowledged there was racism; but he also wanted to bring people together.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 9:00 pm

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
A lot of Critical Race Theory and Anti Racism training have given up on the aspirational part, they say in so many words “MLK had a pipe dream”

The goal of CRT in the western world is ultimately to make itself redundant.

From what I have seen, the proponents of CRT are mainly those seeking an "acceptable" way in which to perpetuate racism, either:
From weaponising race against sections of the population in order to provide a sense of "moral superiority", OR
Through working to antagonise that section of the population so far that it instigates the type of "racism" (which those people did not have prior to CRT acolytes pushing CRT on them) required to "justify" CRT - A form of bullying, with the intention being to have the target "lash out", which will then be used as "evidence" to suport the initial bullying:
Quote:
Bullying is when people repeatedly and intentionally use words or actions against someone or a group of people to cause distress and risk to their wellbeing.

Source: https://humanrights.gov.au/our-work/commission-general/what-bullying-violence-harassment-and-bullying-fact-sheet

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 9:16 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
But just stop assuming that every white person is an abject racist. And stamp out those folks who describe white people as being a "malignancy."

I find it ironic when this criticism is levelled towards white people discussing CRT. Are they assuming themselves to be abject racists or just people who still have room to improve?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

enz
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 9:26 pm

people can be a **** to you but they can't stop you from being successful

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 9:30 pm

It is assumed, based on the ideology of some proponents of CRT, that white people, by virtue of their “privilege,” are inevitably racists. I’ve been exposed to this sort of thing.

I believe in some aspects of CRT; other aspects bother me.

Never be a slave to an ideology; this usually doesn’t turn out well.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 9:35 pm

I still can’t get over the gluten free= white guilt.That shows she hasn’t been around any poor white people.It costs more to eat gluten free foods.People here eat bread and noodles like they are going out of style.Anytime there’s a winter weather event the bread isle is wiped out.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 9:42 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
It is assumed, based on the ideology of some proponents of CRT, that white people, by virtue of their “privilege,” are inevitably racists. I’ve been exposed to this sort of thing.

I believe in some aspects of CRT; other aspects bother me.

Never be a slave to an ideology; this usually doesn’t turn out well.

Never be a slave to an ideology, but don't fixate on trying to appear neutral either.

Would it be fair to suggest that both you and I probably have room to grow when it comes to understanding the experience of PoC? Would it be fair that both you and I have probably benefited from being identified as white by others at some point in our lives?

Agreeing with those in some discussions would mean calling you and I racist, it doesn't mean that we'd be lumped in with abject racists, it just means that we'd be recognized as flawed. I certainly don't believe I'm perfect on these matters and I'm certainly open to being corrected if need be (as well as listening to the debate that results from someone attempting a correction, because it's not like the 'racial critics' actually speak for entire communities even if they'll usually be recognized as offering valuable commentary.)

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

enz
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 9:53 pm

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 10:34 pm

I’ve benefited from “being white.”

I haven’t benefited from looking poor and autistic. Both have caused me problems.

I’m been stopped and frisked by cops. I was once arrested for something I didn’t do. It had to do with overzealous cops.

I haven’t benefited nor not benefited from being Jewish.

I’m not trying to “appear neutral.” I speak with passion about my beliefs.

Just because I don’t totally believe in the woke narrative—doesn’t make me your ideological enemy.

Yes….we ALL have to do better. EVERYONE.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 10:55 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
But just stop assuming that every white person is an abject racist. And stamp out those folks who describe white people as being a "malignancy."\.

My understanding is that's not the purpose of CRT. For POC individuals who do blame all white people they probably need help. I did say that Dr Khilanani's lecture was essentially that, a cry for help.

My own perspective is that people who say this stuff need counselling rather than be mocked.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 10:57 pm

Misslizard wrote:
I still can’t get over the gluten free= white guilt.That shows she hasn’t been around any poor white people.It costs more to eat gluten free foods.People here eat bread and noodles like they are going out of style.Anytime there’s a winter weather event the bread isle is wiped out.

Yeah her clients are most probably wealthy white karens and beckies in NYC who can afford to pay her $300-$400/hr to listen to them whine about white bread/carbs/gluten.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 11:45 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Yeah her clients are most probably wealthy white karens and beckies in NYC who can afford to pay her $300-$400/hr to listen to them whine about white bread/carbs/gluten.

Maybe all the white bread guilt whining sent her over the edge.