Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

salad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2021, 2:08 am

My favorite anime is Naruto because of nostalgia and resonance with me. Yes naruto has a lot of problems. And yes it needs a massive revamp. However favorite is favorite regardless of deficits in quality

Master Oogway

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2021, 9:32 pm

Hrm, are you considering it "American Anime" based on it being American made for Adults, or are you including only if it has some Japanese animation style and feel?

I really don't watch that much, the last ones I watched was Castlevania and Gen:Lock. Gen:Lock didn't have as much of the style but def had some Anime influences (like from Gundam) that lends to the feel.

Ages ago MTV had run Aeon Flux. That had a level of weird I expect from the Japanese (clothes? who needs clothes when you can just wear bondage gear!). I believe the creator was Chinese descendant though lol

This thread made me laugh a little because it reminded me of the excitement there was when the obviously anime influenced Teen Titans came out. Obviously that was 'aimed' at adults but I feel like that was around the time that more anime influenced animation in general started to roll out.

Per Fnord's question:

I am entirely unable to pick favorites. I've seen too many and trying to weigh them against each other is impossible. Even if I'm currently watching something I'm excited about I'll remember an older one and how much I enjoyed that and then be at a loss as to which I liked better.

I don't think you'd like my favorites much anyway, since I tend to like psychological and drama for instance. I can't even think of something to recommend because anything that pops into my head also has an accompanying theme that is in your "Do not like" list.

Spunge42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jun 2021, 10:35 pm

salad wrote:
Laeril wrote:
salad wrote:
I still argue that "Avatar the Last Airbender" is one of the best animated series ever made

This. And there is no live-action movie in Ba Sing Se.

Of course. After all our wonderful Dai Li agents are the cultural protectors of Avatar the Last Airbender and are here to ensure everything is going fine and no corruption from an awful live action remake

:lol: :heart:

"I sat with my anger long enough, until she told me her real name was grief."