Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Jan 2017
Age: 1931
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,099
Location: wales

14 Jun 2021, 2:49 pm

Yeah a bit of intimidation in one way or another helps a lot. To be fair I think the street scared him away. He caused a lot of anger in the immediate vicinity and had a few hot headed neighbours at his doorstep shouting at him.

I'm leaving it a week to see if the letting agent or himself comes back into contact again but I doubt it. After a week I will have to send in the pest controller without his permission because damn.........



Nades
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Jan 2017
Age: 1931
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,099
Location: wales

16 Aug 2021, 7:14 am

Seeing I hate it when people leave thread open ended, I have an update. The tenant has officially surrendered the house and I'm going to pop over today to see the carnage properly. Might see if I can get some pictures.



Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 57
Gender: Female
Posts: 15,631
Location: Aux Arcs

16 Aug 2021, 8:05 am

Good luck.We are still repairing the damage.
I picked up ten large trash bags of crap out of the yard.Water bottles, shoes, broken toys, etc...Pigs are cleaner.
The dishwasher is missing....Also a claw foot tub that was stored.
Previous tenant stole the central heating and cooling unit.
What they don’t tear up they steal.
People make me sick.


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


Nades
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Jan 2017
Age: 1931
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,099
Location: wales

16 Aug 2021, 4:40 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Good luck.We are still repairing the damage.
I picked up ten large trash bags of crap out of the yard.Water bottles, shoes, broken toys, etc...Pigs are cleaner.
The dishwasher is missing....Also a claw foot tub that was stored.
Previous tenant stole the central heating and cooling unit.
What they don’t tear up they steal.
People make me sick.


Yip it'll be a repeat of what you had to do. I visited today and mountains of crap is in the house. He's taken almost nothing with him and his sister has told him to clear it all out in the next two weeks. It's unusual his sister has finally started started to snap back at him.

Sadly his junk is now subject to the Torts legislation so I have to look after that heap of garbage now.



Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 57
Gender: Female
Posts: 15,631
Location: Aux Arcs

16 Aug 2021, 5:23 pm

They burned a mattress in the edge of the woods.Who does that???Why?
A nice decent house with a huge pretty yard and they trash it.
Thank goodness the house has wood floors and not carpet, I can only imagine what that would be like.
One of the bath tubs is stopped up.ugh
Probably a damm kids toy.Little devils scribbled on the walls. Will not ever rent to a family with small kids again.


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


Nades
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Jan 2017
Age: 1931
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,099
Location: wales

02 Sep 2021, 11:19 am

Misslizard wrote:
They burned a mattress in the edge of the woods.Who does that???Why?
A nice decent house with a huge pretty yard and they trash it.
Thank goodness the house has wood floors and not carpet, I can only imagine what that would be like.
One of the bath tubs is stopped up.ugh
Probably a damm kids toy.Little devils scribbled on the walls. Will not ever rent to a family with small kids again.



My carpets have poop trampled into them. Some people live like dogs.

As another update, the trustee paid rent up to the 23rd this month so his tenancy has been "reactivated" up to that point.

I sent a message to another tenant of mine asking if they want any of his trash. I imagine they wouldn't but it saves on skip space.

Looking at the house. The kitchen is now also trash. It needs to be replaced along with all flooring in the house. It's around 3k minimum.



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,763
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

02 Sep 2021, 11:31 am

Nades wrote:
Looking at the house. The kitchen is now also trash. It needs to be replaced along with all flooring in the house. It's around 3k minimum.


What kind of kitchen And flooring throughout a house can be replaced for 3k ? :?

That's not nearly enough to pay for even the materials.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Nades
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Jan 2017
Age: 1931
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,099
Location: wales

02 Sep 2021, 11:43 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Nades wrote:
Looking at the house. The kitchen is now also trash. It needs to be replaced along with all flooring in the house. It's around 3k minimum.


What kind of kitchen And flooring throughout a house can be replaced for 3k ? :?

That's not nearly enough to pay for even the materials.


One with an intentionally small kitchen that I ensure is very neutral and a blank canvas.

It's pounds too and not dollars. I imagine fitting a small basic kitchen here in the UK is cheaper than a small kitchen in the US. I also have my amazing Latvian chum that seems to get great deals.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 77,235
Location: Queens, NYC

02 Sep 2021, 11:46 am

If one goes to IKEA, one can see many small sample full kitchens which cost around $5,000 or so.



Nades
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Jan 2017
Age: 1931
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,099
Location: wales

02 Sep 2021, 11:56 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
If one goes to IKEA, one can see many small sample full kitchens which cost around $5,000 or so.



Sweden always saves the day. I might upload pics soon of the house. I'll need to find a website to upload them too though.

You would be horrified.



Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 57
Gender: Female
Posts: 15,631
Location: Aux Arcs

02 Sep 2021, 1:20 pm

The tub was stopped up with dirt.Either those kids were absolutely filthy or the parents let them make mud pies in the tub.
At first I was worried it was something else. 8O


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi