Page 6 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

17 Jun 2021, 1:34 am

In this context, "back-peddling" sounds like some shady marketing practice...

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2021, 8:56 am

magz wrote:
In this context, "back-peddling" sounds like some shady marketing practice...
Do you mean like salespeople attempting to explain that what they have said many times before is not what they really meant?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 8:25 am

I am not responsible for the actions of anyone other than myself.

If others get themselves in trouble, the onus is on them not me.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 8:43 am

Fnord wrote:

If others get themselves in trouble, the onus is on them not me.

Hmmm. Well, I agree, but wonder - what prompted this?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 8:46 am

BeaArthur wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I am not responsible for the actions of anyone other than myself.  If others get themselves in trouble, the onus is on them not me.
Hmmm. Well, I agree, but wonder - what prompted this?
Nothing that can be discussed openly.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

22 Jun 2021, 9:32 am

Fnord wrote:

This is the foundation of healthy relationships with people.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Spunge42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jun 2021, 1:50 am

Fnord I'm m glad you shared this. This thread has opened my eyes to some things.

I've had a hard time on here because I always think people want practical advice. I was raised in an environment where you did not complain or talk about something unless you were prepared to find a solution.

Therefore, when people post a problem I thought that's what was wanted. I only give comments on stuff I actual have experience with... but after reading what you have said in this thread Fnord, I'm now seeing that this isn't what many people actually want.

I'm not the best at sugar coating things either, I mean me and my brother called my mom The Drill Sergeant. That's how I was raised, kinda spartan. Whining was not tolerated in any form. If there was a problem that bothered me I brought it to my mom and we came up with a solution together. But if I just complained and wanted sympathy, it wasn't happening.

I'm not saying people whine on here, I just wrongly assumed when a problem was brought up or asked about that people wanted to brainstorm actual solutions. That's what i was taught. That's how I lived my life.

I realize after reading this thread that this could be why many people ignore what I say or get irritated with me. In real life and on here.

I apologize if I upset anyone, but I don't believe my mom was wrong in how she raised us. It taught us responsibility, accountability, and analytical thinking at a young age. Problem solving is a good skill, but I am sorry if I hurt others if I appeared callous. That was not my intention.

And Fnord, I never found that your responses had any malicious intent in them. You actually kind of remind me of my mom :D so I find your responses comforting because it's what I'm used to.

"I sat with my anger long enough, until she told me her real name was grief."