Rob Zombie Confirms He’s Directing Reboot of ‘The Munsters'

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 3:49 pm

Hollywood Reporter

Quote:
Rob Zombie has confirmed his long-rumored resurrection of The Munsters is really happening.

The musician-director announced the news on his Instagram page Monday.

“Attention Boils and Ghouls!,” Zombie wrote. “The rumors are true! My next film project will be the one I’ve been chasing for 20 years! THE MUNSTERS! Stay tuned for exciting details as things progress!”

The film is from Universal Studios via its 1440 Productions division, which means it’s likely going to Peacock instead of getting a theatrical release.

The Munsters was a 1964 sitcom about a family of friendly monsters who relocated from Transylvania to an American suburb. The show ran for just two seasons along with similarly premised spooky comedy The Addams Family. Yet despite their brief runs, both shows cast a rather long shadow over popular culture in the decades since.

While The Munsters spawned a few TV movies with the original cast and a 1988 sequel series titled The Munsters Today, in which the family awakens decades later. NBC and Pushing Daisies showrunner Bryan Fuller also tried to reboot the premise as a drama under the title Mockingbird Lane starring Eddie Izzard, Jerry O’Connell and Portia de Rossi (the series was scrapped, but its pilot eventually aired as Halloween special in 2012).

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 3:53 pm

They will never be able duplicate the dynamics between Al Lewis, Yvonne DeCarlo, and Fred Gwynne.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2021, 11:34 am

Please just stop with the reboots!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2021, 12:49 pm

It cannot be any worse than "Lost In Space: The Movie".

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2021, 5:53 pm

This movie is going to be awful & we all know it despite the fact production hasn't begun yet! :evil:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2021, 6:06 pm

We all suspect it will be awful, and we will not know for certain until we see the movie.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2021, 6:40 pm

Fnord wrote:
It cannot be any worse than "Lost In Space: The Movie".

Lacey Chabert made that movie worth watching. She's also the second best Meg Griffin.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2021, 10:23 pm

I can't imagine a Munsters movie with violence, nudity, and foul language...but I also can't imagine a Rob Zombie movie without violence, nudity, and foul language... 8O

This is going to be weird, for sure.