Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

browneyedgirlslowingdown
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Jun 2021, 12:10 am

auntblabby wrote:
browneyedgirlslowingdown wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
i guess i was born lacking those [entrepreneurial] kinda genes.

I think for me, mom was blind and cognitively impaired, we were really poor and no one ever did anything for us, homelessness was pretty standard. I was too scared of that, I think it was fear more than entrepreneurial for me anyways. I hope it was okay that I replied to your reply.

by all means, this is an equal-opportunity forum so please do reply to me if you feel like it :flower: i have found that it is precisely uncontrolled fear [weak frontal lobes] that hamstrung me. i couldn't figure out a way to strengthen my frontal lobes or at least weaking the shouting defectively functioning parts of my brain so my beleaguered frontal lobes could finally get a break and do their stuff as designed.

When in grad school I had to reward myself every 3 mins or so to study (all sensory things), I called the crisis line for suicide at least 3 times a week, I thought about driving off a bridge frequently. i shook, had nitmares, regressed and started collecting stuffed animals and rocking, flapping, and just was a mess, anxiety attacks too. Working is not different but its less intense, or more just in different ways. I have no idea what I would have done, i had a kid at 19 there was no way for me to not figure it out I would have lost her or we would have be chronically homeless, I dunno my brain is still not working very well, I just try to do the best i can, i am not sure we can do much else, sorry if i sound scattered I have been having a difficult few days

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 50 of 200
You are very likely on the broader autism cluster (Aspie)
Systemising Quotient (SQ) 78
Empathy Quotient (EQ) 41
CAT-Q 156 Compensation 56 Masking 48 Assimilation 52

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 12:12 am

auntblabby wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I think for me, mom was blind and cognitively impaired, we were really poor and no one ever did anything for us, homelessness was pretty standard. I was too scared of that, I think it was fear more than entrepreneurial for me anyways. I hope it was okay that I replied to your reply.

by all means, this is an equal-opportunity forum so please do reply to me if you feel like it :flower: i have found that it is precisely uncontrolled fear [weak frontal lobes] that hamstrung me. i couldn't figure out a way to strengthen my frontal lobes or at least weaking the shouting defectively functioning parts of my brain so my beleaguered frontal lobes could finally get a break and do their stuff as designed.

When in grad school I had to reward myself every 3 mins or so to study (all sensory things), I called the crisis line for suicide at least 3 times a week, I thought about driving off a bridge frequently. i shook, had nitmares, regressed and started collecting stuffed animals and rocking, flapping, and just was a mess, anxiety attacks too. Working is not different but its less intense, or more just in different ways. I have no idea what I would have done, i had a kid at 19 there was no way for me to not figure it out I would have lost her or we would have be chronically homeless, I dunno my brain is still not working very well, I just try to do the best i can, i am not sure we can do much else, sorry if i sound scattered I have been having a difficult few days

that is why we are both here among the others on this mutual support forum. we can help each other. we are mostly all going through similar punishments in life.

browneyedgirlslowingdown
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Jun 2021, 12:15 am

auntblabby wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

that is why we are both here among the others on this mutual support forum. we can help each other. we are mostly all going through similar punishments in life.

yes, agreed, life is full of suffering I am grateful to have been told this by my religion at a young age, it meant i never expected anything less than that

Empathy Quotient (EQ) 41

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 12:41 am

auntblabby wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

yes, agreed, life is full of suffering I am grateful to have been told this by my religion at a young age, it meant i never expected anything less than that

we need to keep our eyes on the prize. don't let the hellworld we live in get you down. eyes on prize.

browneyedgirlslowingdown
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Jun 2021, 8:51 am

:heart:

auntblabby wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

we need to keep our eyes on the prize. don't let the hellworld we live in get you down. eyes on prize.

:heart: good point, good point

Empathy Quotient (EQ) 41