Harrassed Everywhere I Go In My Neighborhood

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2021, 8:26 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Some bullies don't always get bored when you ignore them. They know you can hear them and so they'll still shout out names to you just for the fun of it. The best bet is to wear headphones so they'll think you're listening to music (even if you're not) and they will think calling you names will be pointless if you can't hear them.

And if they are harassing you thru krank phone calls, get an answering machine, skreen the calls, record their crap and take it to the telephone company or police.

I rarely answer my phones and usually wait for a message.
No message = not important. 8)

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2021, 6:30 am

Pepe wrote:
Sarahsmith wrote:
Omg never mind what I said above. I got insulted by teenagers the other day because of how I looked. I was dressed like a huge dork because I dreaded being where I lived so I packed a bunch of stuff and wore comfortable bright clothing for summer. I had a hat on that didn't match my outfit at all. I had these long shorts that didn't match my top and it just looked weird. So anyway they were being cruel and had to say something about it. But then I thought, what if those kids are right? Maybe I should dress better. Damn teenagers. All I'm trying to do is survive. Maybe they'll understand when all of a sudden they've got bills to pay and food to put on the table.

A lot of teenagers, at any point in time, are simply mindless ratbags.
Most people go thru this stage.
Avoid them where you can, and if you can't ignore their crap. 8)

Thanks Pepe! :nerdy: 8) :flower:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2021, 9:08 pm

Sarahsmith wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Sarahsmith wrote:
Omg never mind what I said above. I got insulted by teenagers the other day because of how I looked. I was dressed like a huge dork because I dreaded being where I lived so I packed a bunch of stuff and wore comfortable bright clothing for summer. I had a hat on that didn't match my outfit at all. I had these long shorts that didn't match my top and it just looked weird. So anyway they were being cruel and had to say something about it. But then I thought, what if those kids are right? Maybe I should dress better. Damn teenagers. All I'm trying to do is survive. Maybe they'll understand when all of a sudden they've got bills to pay and food to put on the table.

A lot of teenagers, at any point in time, are simply mindless ratbags.
Most people go thru this stage.
Avoid them where you can, and if you can't ignore their crap. 8)

Thanks Pepe! :nerdy: 8) :flower:

[hug] 8)

beady
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2021, 10:56 pm

Totally agree with the idea of filming the harassment in whatever way you can.
If you know how or can study up on the process then post it online on YouTube or in a neighborhood app like next door or on tiktok or all of them or wherever you think it might make a difference. Don’t be dramatic, just present the facts. Perhaps just a short title like - “this is what I have to put up with everyday to just take a walk.”

Most people do not want to be exposed in this way as it may inspire others to take action in your defense.

I would only do this if you feel safe in the process.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2021, 1:31 am

beady wrote:
Totally agree with the idea of filming the harassment in whatever way you can.
If you know how or can study up on the process then post it online on YouTube or in a neighborhood app like next door or on tiktok or all of them or wherever you think it might make a difference. Don’t be dramatic, just present the facts. Perhaps just a short title like - “this is what I have to put up with everyday to just take a walk.”

Most people do not want to be exposed in this way as it may inspire others to take action in your defense.

I would only do this if you feel safe in the process.

It is a "double-edged sword".
Assume you could be recorded, also, by gang-stalkers.

If you over-react, that may be what they were aiming for and then have this on video record.
I suggest people keep this in mind, and simply walk away from sociopaths, if at all possible. 8)

traven
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2021, 2:08 am

In these instances people seem "connected" in unconscious * lizard brain * ways,
they seek fear-reaction, to fuel more fear interaction (food)
try not to signal anything, specially fear
once they pick up on picking on you, it's the cookie-jar of rewards

//semantics//
quote - In fact, the very idea that new brain structures emerge on top of old ones is fundamentally at odds with how evolution usually works: biological structures are typically just modified versions of older structures. For example, the mammalian neocortex isn’t a completely new structure like MacLean thought it was, but instead is a modification of the repitilian cortex. As the evolutionary neuroscientist Terrence Deacon explains: “Adding on is almost certainly not the way the brain has evolved. Instead, the same structures have become modified in different ways in different lineages.
https://thebrainscientist.com/2018/04/1 ... ard-brain/
quote - For my part as a neuroscientist, all I can do is point out what we do have good evidence for: that new brain structures are typically just modified versions of old brain structures, and that we don’t have a lizard brain inside our mammal brain.