Harrassed Everywhere I Go In My Neighborhood

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

rrobstet
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jun 2021, 7:42 pm

Everyday I walk from my house to a nearby park with nature trail, its about a 15min walk. I walk the trail then sit by a lake for few mins. These past few days Ive been harassed for no reason. When I walk by this one house these teenagers just shout Weirdo! and start laughing at me for no reason. I know they are just kids but it really got to me today, how am I weird? what did I do that was weird all I am doing is walking by, nothing else. Then when I get to the park this guy keeps harassing me with his drone. For 2 days in row he's harassed me I went to 2 different lakes and each time he starts flying his drone around me. Its like he's stalking me. I work from home and have to take care of my mother who's ill and this is the only time I have for myself. I feel like not leaving my house anymore. I don't know what to do I never been so stressed out!

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2021, 10:10 pm

Talk to them, not angrily but in a sincere tone of voice. Tell them about your mother and how their actions affect you.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2021, 6:31 am

It's completely understandable to be upset by this. With the teenagers, I hate it when people say ''ignore them''. I hate being the figure of ridicule, I'm the sort to believe that kids should respect adults. And teenagers are old enough to know what they're doing. With the man with the drone, I don't think that is legal to do that to a stranger in the park, as it invalidates your privacy. It's a bit like someone filming you with their phone.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 9:06 am

I don't know what to do about drone guy. That is really weird. Go to the cops maybe? As for the teenagers, some of them know better at that age and some haven't grown up yet. Some people never grow up. I've been the type of person that gets harassed everywhere I go too, because I look like a huge nerd. I've never been cool. I've come to learn, that there's mean people everywhere and this problem will not go away in our life time. It's best to stand up to bullies if you can, or just try to ignore that BS behavior, and don't let it affect you. Because their opinion of you isn't important. Your opinion of yourself is what's important.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 12:50 pm

That's so scary. If this behavior has been going on for some time maybe you can file a complaint for harrasment? I don't know about the laws in your country but this seems like something that might really affect your mental health.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 7:44 pm

If I had teenagers shouting names at me in the street I'd feel really angry. I suffered enough of that when I was at school, I was randomly targeted and had to put up with silly behaviour from kids I didn't know. I don't expect to be targeted the same at my age by people 15 years younger than me. If I had a high ego and felt superior, I would tell myself that they're just silly teenagers and that I should just ignore them. But I don't have a high ego, I'm sensitive, I have slight PTSD or something like that from the emotional bullying I've faced in the past, and I hate being targeted.

I remember when I was 18 this kid who looked about 12 or 13 rode past me on a bike, and he made a silly noise at me as he went by. I'd left school by then and I didn't expect to have to put up with silly behaviour from school-age kids any more.

Touch wood, I haven't actually had any harassment or anything from teenagers for a few years now. I think they see me as some old woman. :lol: Not that I am an old woman, but to teenagers 31 seems old and I don't look 19 any more, I look more around my age. So that's good.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 8:24 pm

So sorry to hear how you’re being treated. This should NOT be happening. Knowing this is something that should NOT be impacting your life, my advice firmly remains to go about whatever you wish/need to do. This person who insists on impacting your life and your well-being, has no idea of the severity of his impact and likely does not care. However, We DO Care sbout you. Do what you have every right to do. Do what you need to do, for your own mental health. There will always be certain people in this life who will work against “what is right and what is good” for man/womankind. It takes a strong person to make the firm decision to fulfill their needs/rights in society. Please take care of yourself and allow yourself the right to enjoy your “rights” otherwise report those who seek to sabotage repetitively, your rights.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 7:23 pm

rrobstet wrote:
Everyday I walk from my house to a nearby park with nature trail, its about a 15min walk. I walk the trail then sit by a lake for few mins. These past few days Ive been harassed for no reason. When I walk by this one house these teenagers just shout Weirdo! and start laughing at me for no reason. I know they are just kids but it really got to me today, how am I weird? what did I do that was weird all I am doing is walking by, nothing else. Then when I get to the park this guy keeps harassing me with his drone. For 2 days in row he's harassed me I went to 2 different lakes and each time he starts flying his drone around me. Its like he's stalking me. I work from home and have to take care of my mother who's ill and this is the only time I have for myself. I feel like not leaving my house anymore. I don't know what to do I never been so stressed out!

Get a bodycam and record what they are doing.
Gang-stalkers are extremely camera-shy.
The ones who harassed me have disappeared into the woodwork, since I "religiously" wear one. 8)

I recommend this bodycam: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=392238&start=16#p8655069

BTW, only give a *copy* of the harassment to the authorities. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 7:28 pm

Sarahsmith wrote:
I don't know what to do about drone guy.

Record the harassment with a bodycam.
Gang-stalkers run for the hills. :mrgreen:

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 8:38 am

That's a cool idea! And a very good one at that.

cbd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Jun 2021, 10:07 am

its simple . they youth simply lack comprehension to figure you out .. so "weird" is the standard word for peoplw to use qhen they lack understanding.

as for the prick with the drone .. as stated previous record what is going on . msybe he will think twice . he might be provoking response if you are very contained .

sorry to hear people bother you . some people act like titts by default unfortunately

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 12:43 pm

rrobstet wrote:

What you can legally do about it varies by country and by region.

What country do you live in? If you live in a large country, what province/state or general region? Also do you live in a city, a suburb, or a rural area?

Also how would you describe your neighborhood in terms of culturally homogeneous vs. cosmopolitan?

In the meantime, some preliminary suggestions:

As for the drone, I would suggest making videos of it with your cell phone camera and posting them on YouTube, if you have the ability to do this.

As for the kids, I would suggest getting either a body-cam (as suggested earlier) of a mini-cassette recorder, recording their insults, and then complaining to their parents if you can.

lostproperty
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 1:17 pm

The drone operator most likely stalks a lot of people. Doesn't mean you should have to put up with it. I'd carry a bag full of large stones with me next time and try and take it out.

If any one of those teenagers was on his own, they almost certainly wouldn't dare say anything. They will be insecure because of their age and projecting that insecurity onto you. It probably is best to just ignore them and they'll eventually get bored or grow out of it. I'd be tempted to give them an uncomfortably long death stare though, show them what weird really is and freak them out.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2021, 3:33 pm

Omg never mind what I said above. I got insulted by teenagers the other day because of how I looked. I was dressed like a huge dork because I dreaded being where I lived so I packed a bunch of stuff and wore comfortable bright clothing for summer. I had a hat on that didn't match my outfit at all. I had these long shorts that didn't match my top and it just looked weird. So anyway they were being cruel and had to say something about it. But then I thought, what if those kids are right? Maybe I should dress better. Damn teenagers. All I'm trying to do is survive. Maybe they'll understand when all of a sudden they've got bills to pay and food to put on the table.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2021, 3:52 pm

Some bullies don't always get bored when you ignore them. They know you can hear them and so they'll still shout out names to you just for the fun of it. The best bet is to wear headphones so they'll think you're listening to music (even if you're not) and they will think calling you names will be pointless if you can't hear them.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2021, 8:21 pm

Sarahsmith wrote:
Omg never mind what I said above. I got insulted by teenagers the other day because of how I looked. I was dressed like a huge dork because I dreaded being where I lived so I packed a bunch of stuff and wore comfortable bright clothing for summer. I had a hat on that didn't match my outfit at all. I had these long shorts that didn't match my top and it just looked weird. So anyway they were being cruel and had to say something about it. But then I thought, what if those kids are right? Maybe I should dress better. Damn teenagers. All I'm trying to do is survive. Maybe they'll understand when all of a sudden they've got bills to pay and food to put on the table.

A lot of teenagers, at any point in time, are simply mindless ratbags.
Most people go thru this stage.
Avoid them where you can, and if you can't ignore their crap. 8)