I feel some people don't like me Anyone else feel the same?

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 4:59 pm

You’re probably okay.

Why should I dislike you?

I only dislike someone if they act like a b***h/bastard on purpose for an extended period of time.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 1:21 am

Fnord wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
life is a lot more bearable if one can smile at the reflection in the mirror.
I flip myself off in the mirror every morning, and then smile at my reflected self.

Somehow, that makes contempt from others much more bearable, and sometimes even humorous. Weird, huh?

whatever gets you through life. :shrug:

RadioDog
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jun 2021, 10:41 pm

Redd_Kross wrote:
I seem to notice anomalies, contradictions and hypocrisy a lot more than NTs. When I point out these inconsistencies it's often badly received. But they're still there existing, whether I point them out or not.

Yep.

"Autism isn't an illness but it's a condition that messes with our ability to have our psychological needs met." - DuckHairback on this site.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2021, 9:21 am

Not everyone likes me. They do or do not have good reasons. What is good is subjective

Not everyone likes the same thing

Nobody is perfect

I am not too great

Many are better than me, emotionally, socially, morally

Not many are awesome enough to justify their enthusiastic, "holier than thou" . Or the amount of noise pollution that they make

"Communication" euphemism for noise pollution

Aero_T
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jun 2021, 4:36 am

I have had the opportunity to watch a number of children with autism try to navigate through school life. I wonder if the no 1 reason some neurotypicals think they dislike a another child with autism is becaus e they are not getting the signals that indicate 'like' from them. Ie that the NT child thinks the autistic child dislikes them.

Pretty sure this can be extrapolated to soem of my own experiences. I tend to be cautious or not know how to join in or invite other poeple to spend time with me. I have had it explained to me that some friends find this a burden on them and an indication that I dont want to spend time with them.

I know it is hard (and I find it difficult/impossible) but I do wonder if reaching out a bit more can help this issue.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 12:51 am

Anyone who thinks that there are not any people who don't like them is either delusional, or totally unknown. There is always a variety of opinion. Work with the positive half, and just avoid trouble with the rest.

AngryJackal97
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Jun 2021, 11:28 pm

I’ve had that feeling about many people for many years. It’s odd how it seems that some people will look at me without even communicating first and then start going after me like I just insulted them in their face or something? Then, when I fight back all of a sudden I’m the bad guy?! Very Weird! I don’t get it people!?!? But hey! I have found a few that do like me for who I am and that’s all that matters. :D

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2021, 11:47 pm

I have some worm if anyone is inclined to share. :oops:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

AngryJackal97

01 Jul 2021, 6:52 am

Lunella wrote:
I'd rather not be liked than people lie and pretend to like me. Plus some random person not liking me isn't gonna ruin my day, I have better things to worry about.

I like your attitude! I as well would rather have people be honest with me rather than pretending to like me. Not to mention random people liking you or not shouldn’t matter unless you intend becoming friends with them. In most cases you’re just passing by those people.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2021, 12:45 pm

@ OP: Who do you often interact with the most?

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2021, 1:35 pm

There are a lot of people that don't like me, though I think everyone has people that don't like them. People seem to particularly dislike how awkward I can be sometimes, and may immediately brush me off since they think I'm incompetent and not worth their time.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2021, 1:42 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
I have some worm if anyone is inclined to share.
A long, thin shiny one or a short, thick juicy one?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2021, 1:48 pm

Can anyone think of a single example of someone who is not disliked by anyone, without becoming totally isolated? How about someone who likes everyone? Will Rogers claimed that with "men" but I think he'd have said "anyone" if he could include women and children.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2021, 4:42 pm

nobody likes me

Wreck It Ralph

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2021, 5:01 pm

skibum wrote:
nobody likes me

then those aren't the right people for you.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2021, 5:23 pm

auntblabby wrote:
skibum wrote:
nobody likes me

then those aren't the right people for you.
Aww, Thank you Blabby

Wreck It Ralph