Melania not so classy, Dr Jill Biden shows how

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2021, 8:10 pm

Well despite Donald's deplorable record over the last 4 years Melania seems to have avoided scrutiny and many of her supporters thought she was such a classy improvement on Michelle Obama (whom if anyone remembered she plagiarised in her maiden speech as first-lady to the media).

Alas...one episode has come to light (and I'm not talking about her tone-deaf support for her husband).

When she was criticised in 2018 for visiting a detention centre holding 55 children migrant children separated from their parents (as a result of Trump's immigration policy) she turned up wearing a green coat with the caption "Really don't care, Do U" painted on the back. This seemed to go largely unnoticed by the media but was described on social media as grotesque.

Now Melania (perhaps embarrassed by her lack of care for the children) has offered an explanation for her jacket.“It was for the people and for the left-wing media who are criticising me. I want to show them I don’t care. You could criticise whatever you want to say. But it will not stop me to do what I feel is right.”

In response to Melania's awful reasons, Dr Jill Biden has worn a blue jacket to the G57 summit in London wearing a jacket emblazoned with the word “love” on her back.

In a not-so-subtle dig at Melania Trump, Dr Biden was asked at a press conference what her outfit choice meant, stating it was intended to bring a “sense of hope” as the world continues to grapple with Covid.
“I think that we’re bringing love from America,” she said. “This is a global conference, and we are trying to bring unity across the globe. And I think it’s needed right now, that people feel a sense of unity from all the countries and feel a sense of hope after this year of the pandemic.”

Quite the contrast :lol: