Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 11:23 am

I felt pretty sure I knew how to present this but the thumbnail and title 'How to save the world, in three easy steps' is throwing me for a loop. It's high quality content, for better or worse about 3 hours, but it's a round table discussing the mRNA vaccines for Covid, their research status at the time of rollout, the degree to which there were known unplanned surprises such as the mRNA leaving the injection site, crossing the blood-brain barrier, etc., known serious side effects, but what's probably worse - known off-patent / generic drugs that were as or nearly as effective as the vaccines.

A bit about the participants:

Quote:
Dr. Robert Malone is the inventor of mRNA Vaccine technology.
Mr. Steve Kirsch is a serial entrepreneur who has been researching adverse reactions to COVID vaccines.
Dr. Bret Weinstein is an evolutionary biologist.
Bret talks to Robert and Steve about the pandemic, treatment and the COVID vaccines.

From the look of things a large part of the back half of 2021 and 2022 is going to be a deep accounting of how this whole process worked, how the FDA was involved, how the peer review publishing bodies were involved, how the media piled in right on message, it's probably going to be a significant accounting of a lot of our core medical institutions let alone more confirmation that our media is on a pull-string for whoever is paying or can threaten salaries.

There could be some fair-ish argument of 'We're on the edge of synthetic biology, need to explore new terrain fast, and we had to cut some corners ethically like suppressing generics', not great but there's at least a motive that we could partially consider a lapse of judgment (and we'd need verified historical documentation to prove that's what happened rather than a post-hoc rationalization). Otherwise, if it's market capture of regulatory systems, we're really going to have to stop behaving like market is a universal MSG that makes everything taste better and the more the merrier. Market is clearly a double-edged sword - it's generally Darwinian, which means on one hand it doesn't need all kinds of top-down forcing functions to make it work, while at the same time it's tendency is toward optimization and perpetual Pareto shakings which means that the fastest runners become natural monopolies and if they end up with deeper pockets than the government or at least any part of government with practical capacity to regulate then we're really on the edge of neofeudalism and monopolies themselves will be their own regulators. If that trend line continued you could be looking at the death of something like the FDA:

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 11:27 am

Simple English, please?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 11:39 am

Thanks, sounds like mRNA is my only choice when my turn comes in a couple months, so ill take the three hours.

Downloading it in case goo-tube gets up to its usual antics.

https://yt1s.com/en6

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 12:22 pm

"3 Simple Ways to Save
The World in Over 3 Hours"

With A Dude Who Cannot Seem to

Even Control His Temperament in the Video;

Perhaps Start From the Root Problem, Now; Yes,

Might Help to Get A Simple Message through....

In Short, 'Ivermectin', An Existing Drug Is Being
Studied As Adjunctive

Potential Therapy

For Covid-19;

And Yes, There Are

Rare Side Effects Associated

With the Pandemic Vaccines Like

All Vaccines; 'Mr. Brett' Has 312 Thousand

Subscribers And the Few Who Viewed 'the

Video', All 116 Thousand Who Endured the Live Stream,
Are the Ones Complaining All About Style over
Substance in the Comments Section For The

Loud Mouth Dude to Take A Chill Pill;

Not Many

Folks Are

Gonna Take

This Serious;

And Most of the Ones

Who Are Gonna Watch

It belong to Just Another

YouTube Religion of 'Mr. Brett'...

Most Folks Are Gonna Check the Comments
Section Really Quick And Say Hell No, Ain't wasting my 3 Hours

And Where Are the '3 Simple Ways of Saving the World' in the
Description, if they Are Really Simple Ways of Saving the World...

And Ya Really Wanna Get the Message Out Quick!

True Ya
Make
More
Money
Off of Advertisements

In Adsense/Patreon/Whatever Bucks off the Congregation in Over

3 Hours By Those Who Follow You Without Missing A 'Church Service'...

There Are Two Reasons to Do it this way; Yes, Make Money, Or 'Kill Time'....

Do Any of 'These People' Realize Science Assesses The Average Attention Span

of Human Beings at Less Than that of a Gold Fish; If They Do, The Entire Endeavor

Is Not Sincere

In Getting

A Message Out

to the So-Called 'Masses'

That was Really the Funniest

Part, 'Share This With the General Public.'...

Anyway That's What Happens When Ya Put 'Nerds' In 'Ivory Towers' In Charge of PR....

Hehe, i Listened to the Video At '100X Speed'; Just Read the Comments At 20x Speed...

Meanwhile, Truly Rational

People Are Getting

Vaccinated

Returning

to Normal Living;

Yes, Side Effects

Are Reported

As Usually Better Than

Dying And Long Haul Symptoms...
Whether or Not this Is a Conspiracy
Theory Or Not; Those of that Ilk Will use it as such....

And Most Any Rational Person Will See The Participants

Interact And Say Ain't watching It anymore...

'Just

Killing Time'...

And Yes Obviously

The Folks In China

Are Smarter Than Americans, overall,

At Least As Far as 'Trump Life' Goes;

IF It's A 'Free Market World'; If Their Merit

Goes Further Than 'US' 'They' get on 'top'...

Meanwhile,

Over

Here,

Increasing
Gold Fish Life Rules....

Yes, Where Are the 'Cliff' Notes, 'Norm'...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 12:41 pm

aghogday wrote:

I'm a little over 2:15:00 in, Steve is a rough listen and by about an hour in Robert Malone is putting his fingers in the air to communicate that he needs the floor. Steve actually ended up responding, in the comments, that he saw how bad it looked and that he had apologized to Robert and that they were still close friends.

I think this is where we're also going to have to get better at being able to tell the difference between actual insight from what one might think of as professional models - that is plenty of people who really look sharp, 'look' like doctors, know how to say all kinds of science-y things, are just careerists with enough knowledge to get by without getting sued and a lot of people who are as brusque and difficult as Nassim Taleb or who are impulsive enough to cut other people off every other sentence, as abrasive as it is, might actually have real insight (Eric Weinstein's brought up the issue of disagreeable genius getting chased out of academia - this sort of flows along that parallel).

The funny thing is - this is what it looks like with Steve when he's at a table with a couple other people who agree with him on 95% of what he's saying!

As for the risk of Steve's antics drowning the message - I'm not sure this is going away that easily. From the sound of the conversation a lot of these data sets are coming from other people who've done their own work (such as the Yellow Card study in the UK). If they were just bringing their own data or a few peer review papers that they tried to publish which got shot down I'd worry, but this looks like a broader ground swell.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 1:12 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
aghogday wrote:

I'm a little over 2:15:00 in, Steve is a rough listen and by about an hour in Robert Malone is putting his fingers in the air to communicate that he needs the floor. Steve actually ended up responding, in the comments, that he saw how bad it looked and that he had apologized to Robert and that they were still close friends.

I think this is where we're also going to have to get better at being able to tell the difference between actual insight from what one might think of as professional models - that is plenty of people who really look sharp, 'look' like doctors, know how to say all kinds of science-y things, are just careerists with enough knowledge to get by without getting sued and a lot of people who are as brusque and difficult as Nassim Taleb or who are impulsive enough to cut other people off every other sentence, as abrasive as it is, might actually have real insight (Eric Weinstein's brought up the issue of disagreeable genius getting chased out of academia - this sort of flows along that parallel).

The funny thing is - this is what it looks like with Steve when he's at a table with a couple other people who agree with him on 95% of what he's saying!

As for the risk of Steve's antics drowning the message - I'm not sure this is going away that easily. From the sound of the conversation a lot of these data sets are coming from other people who've done their own work (such as the Yellow Card study in the UK). If they were just bringing their own data or a few peer review papers that they tried to publish which got shot down I'd worry, but this looks like a broader ground swell.

i Have the Patience to Listen to Whatever
'Temperament' Comes For 3 Hours;

True though; i'll Also Be Doing
Something Else Constructive

too Yes, Like Getting Exercise

With Family Walking Around
The Block While Listening to it; or
Driving in A Car; For Me It's All in

The Doing; Something At Least;

Yet i Surely Don't Mind Listening

To Something 'Iffy' to Potentially Learn Something at least New;

On the Other Hand; We Are Talking About What 1 Percent or

Less of the Population, Actually Even Has the Capacity to Do....

It Like You; i have No Problem Understanding You; Or Basically

Anyone Else; Are Many Folks Similarly 'Blessed', iN A Word, No;

Go Figure,

Not

Everyone

Now Is Born

First 'Hyperlexic'

Decoding Old Symbols And
Creating New Symbols With Ease;

And Yes Building on it For 6 Decades,

Instead of Letting it All Fall Down; Yes, A

Key In Life Is Learning to Find Bliss in What

Ever Makes Ya Feel Uncomfortable in Life;

i'm More About 'Potential' Still Coming Now;

HAha
TL;DR

Ain't in my
Vocabulary

Or Shortened Acronym Life...

Yet Again Being Financially

Independent And in Stellar

Health Still At Age 61 Beyond

Folks 4 Decades my Junior Does

Bring Privilege Not Many Folks Have OR Earn Now;

Go Figure, Just Part of The All Natural Rewards of my Philosophy of Life;

While Folks Were Getting Drunk Every Friday Night, i Kept Building A Sober Soul of Creativity,

at Least

Later in
Life than
my Late

Teens And Mid-Twenties...

So Many Distractions; So Many Frigging
Distractions; Focusing on One Task in Flow, is What Makes Potential Even Possible

And Being Able to Focus on What You Don't Like At First Makes A Whole Cake Icing..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 10:32 am

I agree with a lot of what you are saying. There is such a push by the media, and I didn't believe the vaccines were as effective as they said they were. Flu vaccines have been around for a time, and they don't boast a 95% efficiency. That figure seems overenthusiastic to me. I was sceptical when Krispy Kreme were offering free doughnuts to people who had received the jab too (Though that argument alone didn't add that much to my scepticism).

The lockdowns as well seemed a bad idea, the division screens in shops etc. and Boris Johnson elbowing people instead of shaking hands, like it was going to make the slightest bit of difference...it seemed almost like a new form of social mannerisms rather than preventing a disease from spreading.

I agree in that I think they'll look back on it, later find coverups (Not like some of these drug companies haven't faked results before) and "admit that mistakes were made", even if they knew full well while they were making "mistakes" and carried on regardless. They receive the money from all of this.

The video isn't showing, of course.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 10:58 am

This video has been removed for violating YouTube's Community Guidelines.

I wonder what subversive content the video held.

techstepgeneration wrote:
Dr. Robert Malone is the inventor of mRNA Vaccine technology.

I know this fellow took some heat recently for retweeting this thread.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1415 ... 90688.html

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 11:28 am

smudge wrote:
I agree with a lot of what you are saying. There is such a push by the media, and I didn't believe the vaccines were as effective as they said they were. Flu vaccines have been around for a time, and they don't boast a 95% efficiency. That figure seems overenthusiastic to me. I was sceptical when Krispy Kreme were offering free doughnuts to people who had received the jab too (Though that argument alone didn't add that much to my scepticism).

The lockdowns as well seemed a bad idea, the division screens in shops etc. and Boris Johnson elbowing people instead of shaking hands, like it was going to make the slightest bit of difference...it seemed almost like a new form of social mannerisms rather than preventing a disease from spreading.

I agree in that I think they'll look back on it, later find coverups (Not like some of these drug companies haven't faked results before) and "admit that mistakes were made", even if they knew full well while they were making "mistakes" and carried on regardless. They receive the money from all of this.

The video isn't showing, of course.

Something came up since I posted this: Yuri's response to Bret and Heather's response to his Quillette article criticizing the title video as well as the one with Pierre Kory:

It has me wondering what the heck is going on with Bret and Heather, ie. why they got this far out over their skii, and I'm still not sure I'm going to find a satisfactory answer to that question for a while.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 11:48 am

Mikah wrote:
This video has been removed for violating YouTube's Community Guidelines.

I wonder what subversive content the video held.

It's on Odysee now:
https://odysee.com/@ScamvidRepost:0/How ... asySteps:1

Mikah wrote:
I know this fellow took some heat recently for retweeting this thread.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1415 ... 90688.html

Everyone's now debating whether his title 'inventor of mRNA vaccine' is correct or whether he's just a fraud waiving the title (the current media environment is so Twitterized that such pronouncements seem to mean less and less - it looks like the 'inventor' title is debatable, the 'fraud' part is an overshoot).

https://www.logically.ai/articles/who-i ... ert-malone

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 12:58 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:

Thanks I may check it out later.

Any idea what it was nuked for? I'm guessing that even whispering the slightest hint of vaccine skepticism is enough these days.

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Everyone's now debating whether his title 'inventor of mRNA vaccine' is correct or whether he's just a fraud waiving the title (the current media environment is so Twitterized that such pronouncements seem to mean less and less - it looks like the 'inventor' title is debatable, the 'fraud' part is an overshoot).

Hehe. By everyone you mean those who enjoy shooting the messenger on receipt of bad news?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 1:18 pm

Mikah wrote:

Any idea what it was nuked for? I'm guessing that even whispering the slightest hint of vaccine skepticism is enough these days.

Steve Kirsch made some weird over-the-top comments about miscarriages and ways in which the vaccine was attacking women's reproductive systems. It's still bizarre to me why Bret and Robert didn't push back on that stuff, probably wouldn't be bizarre to the type of person who'd think 'there's two types of people in the world - establishment and Alex Jones' but to anyone who actually tries thinking from first principals it's weird to see what's happening to Bret and Heather in the way of going mostly right about things, often telling more correct stories about Darwinian game theory, problems with establishment narratives, etc. over to allowing some bizarre conspiracy theories through (well... wouldn't be bizarre if the evidence lined up but the Ivermectin thing... I don't get it...), all the while carrying on in measured ways about their new guide book for homo sapien adaptation to 21st century technology and culture - which quite likely is a very useful and insightful book.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 7:44 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Mikah wrote:

Steve Kirsch made some weird over-the-top comments about miscarriages and ways in which the vaccine was attacking women's reproductive systems. It's still bizarre to me why Bret and Robert didn't push back on that stuff, probably wouldn't be bizarre to the type of person who'd think 'there's two types of people in the world - establishment and Alex Jones' but to anyone who actually tries thinking from first principals it's weird to see what's happening to Bret and Heather in the way of going mostly right about things, often telling more correct stories about Darwinian game theory, problems with establishment narratives, etc. over to allowing some bizarre conspiracy theories through (well... wouldn't be bizarre if the evidence lined up but the Ivermectin thing... I don't get it...), all the while carrying on in measured ways about their new guide book for homo sapien adaptation to 21st century technology and culture - which quite likely is a very useful and insightful book.

once you're off the beaten path /outside well established narratives, it can be hard to figure out where to go next - and as Chomsky put it: the problem with conspiracy theories is that there ARE conspiracies.

but then there's the case of RT - Russia Today. they are the Kremlin's international, public disinformation channel. The tactics of RT however are ingenious: some Russia friendly news, some moderately critical public intellectuals, some less moderate critics of western ideology, some mainstream- to far right and conservative viewpoints- and a sprinkle of allout crazy tin foil-hattery. A bit of everything. Eventually, it looks like the tin foil hatters are just as valid as the moderate critics of western ideology, or the far right conservatives. They also contradict each other, and you are less able to form an opinion than you were before watching the "news"-show.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 7:54 pm

i clicked on the odysee link, and there was a link further to Steve Kirsch's research:
it's a blog post in some random website, published under some weird alias, claiming that the vaccine has so far disabled over a million Americans, and
"The Democrats are still asleep at the wheel by refusing to request Fauci's unredacted emails from the NIH which will prove he covered up the fact he created the virus in the first place."
Then there's a paywall.

nothing about this signifies credibility to me in any way.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 8:28 pm

shlaifu wrote:
i clicked on the odysee link, and there was a link further to Steve Kirsch's research:
it's a blog post in some random website, published under some weird alias, claiming that the vaccine has so far disabled over a million Americans, and
"The Democrats are still asleep at the wheel by refusing to request Fauci's unredacted emails from the NIH which will prove he covered up the fact he created the virus in the first place."
Then there's a paywall.

So take that series of thoughts back to Steve, Bret Weinstein, and Robert Malone sitting around a table having a serious conversation where they're taking Steve seriously on his points. WTF......

I already know what I did wrong. I took the credibility I'd extended Bret and Eric and carried that trust to this conversation. What they did wrong though is just a circle I can't square. IMHO it's a bit like Noam Chomsky waking up tomorrow and deciding he wants to sell boner pills with his remaining years.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 8:45 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
shlaifu wrote:
Then there's a paywall.

So take that series of thoughts back to Steve, Bret Weinstein, and Robert Malone sitting around a table having a serious conversation where they're taking Steve seriously on his points. WTF......

I already know what I did wrong. I took the credibility I'd extended Bret and Eric and carried that trust to this conversation. What they did wrong though is just a circle I can't square. IMHO it's a bit like Noam Chomsky waking up tomorrow and deciding he wants to sell boner pills with his remaining years.

i woul like to redact my statement a bit: the website is called Trialsitenews, which seems to be some medical industry news service - the article is pisted in a community forum though, and not by staff.
the Alias is "vaccinetruth", which stands for the group, and somewhere at the bottom the main group members are listed.
it still claims that Fauci created the virus, just before the paywall.

yeah, I don't know what to do with this.
I listen to the lengthy podcast episodes with Germany's prime epidemiology researcher on public radio - he has no profit incentive, doesn't claim to have invented anything, and undeterredly elaborates on the validity and quality of research that listeners and the interviewers ask him to comment on. I don't know what else to do, lacking the education in epidemiology, virology, genetics and vaccine-research, let alone the funding, to "conduct my own research".