Page 4 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 7:00 pm

Are there some reports of people with Low-functioning Autism that commit crimes in rare cases? Because having Low-functioning Autism causes you not to know what is legal or not legal to do. I think there should be more studies about LFA and crime, than HFA.

There are some reports that might and studies that might not be official, that point out that some people with Low-functioning Autism commit crimes in rare cases, because they also have low IQ that prevents them from understanding what is legal and what is not legal to do, but even people with Low-functioning Autism are ten times more likely to be victims than the general population.

I am sorry if I mixed that cases together. I hope you know what I mean.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 3:13 pm

I trust Google Scholar more when it comes to finding out the link between ASD and crime.

Studies in Google Scholar states that most people with ASD are ten times more likely to be victims and five times less likely to commit crimes than the general population.

Few studies that linked HFA to crime are not that peer reviewed yet and there needs to be more explanation to why few of those studies linked HFA to crime.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2021, 2:08 pm

FranzOren wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GjuAdqi1nA

Prof. Sam Vaknin explained that only people with High-functioning Autism are ten times more than the statistical average of the general population likely to commit crimes, because of abnormal social skills.

Hi Franz, I may make a critique of Sams's vid, present it to Sam, and threaten to take it to the institutions who credited him and let him teach if he does not recant the nonsense on this vid.

Can you lend me a hand and help me find where Sam says "ten times more likely to commit crimes"?

I dont know if you have heard of Munchausen syndrome by proxy Franz, but Sam seems to be partaking in a form of it with this vid, esp in the way he 'reaches out' to the audience with a glass of wine.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2021, 9:54 pm

I agree. It seems unprofessional.