Does anyone here have an interest in magick???

Page 4 of 11 [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 2:11 pm

diagnosedafter50 wrote:
I believe some people have a natural gift they are born with.
I did, but I gave up reading fiction at 2yrs old as I thought not being called a baby by my Dad was more important.
I'm too emotionally sensitive at the moment.
I used to want to do mediumship but I think mediums should leave dead people alone so their souls can travel the journey they were mean to.

I got my fingers burnt by dabbling in the occult.

Intuition is the key to expand conscious awareness.
Spending too long in abusive relationships, lack of insight, clarity and not realising enough can dumb us down.
Self rejection is also not conducive to expansion of consciousness.

Me too. I agree 100% intuition is the key to working life out, and expanding the conscious awareness.

And yes, abusive relationships knock intuition off our radar.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 2:31 pm

^Welcome back smudge!

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 5:22 pm

smudge wrote:
diagnosedafter50 wrote:
I did, but I gave up reading fiction at 2yrs old as I thought not being called a baby by my Dad was more important.
I used to want to do mediumship but I think mediums should leave dead people alone so their souls can travel the journey they were mean to.

Spending too long in abusive relationships, lack of insight, clarity and not realising enough can dumb us down.

Me too. I agree 100% intuition is the key to working life out, and expanding the conscious awareness.

The other thing - a lot of people don't want to deal with the means of getting there, which usually involves a lot of trauma (meditating for years might do something but if I've noticed anything people who've been doing that are roughly the same as they were going in). For example I too often hear about people spontaneously going 'out of body' because they're under the age of ten getting sexually interfered with by an adult and I've often heard that mediums often have terrible mid-life health because of childhood trauma, ie. the filter got smashed with a hammer. The alchemical wheel is pretty fing brutal.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 6:43 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
smudge wrote:
diagnosedafter50 wrote:

The other thing - a lot of people don't want to deal with the means of getting there, which usually involves a lot of trauma (meditating for years might do something but if I've noticed anything people who've been doing that are roughly the same as they were going in). For example I too often hear about people spontaneously going 'out of body' because they're under the age of ten getting sexually interfered with by an adult and I've often heard that mediums often have terrible mid-life health because of childhood trauma, ie. the filter got smashed with a hammer. The alchemical wheel is pretty fing brutal.

I know when I asked for more from the Universe, a lot of things ended up changing. It's strange, I'm in a sort of better position now than I was. My energy needs working on.

One thing I've learnt, through body language and through energy - is that people reflect you. They mirror you in body language, and they react from you by what your energy is. Physical things like smiling, dressing well etc. affect your energy for the better, and vice versa, like feeling happy makes you change physical things. As above, so below etc.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 6:43 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
^Welcome back smudge!

Thanks.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 6:53 pm

I'm interested in... Illusions. :lol:

But which?
All of them.

Take it to any context or angle, whether it's literal or less literal...
Yes -- I'm interested in that. :twisted:

Too bad it hadn't gone into a special interest. :o

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 10:54 am

I like Einstein's "Spooky action at a distance" theory/mention.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 11:30 am

smudge wrote:
I like Einstein's "Spooky action at a distance" theory/mention.
At least Quantum Entanglement has been proven to be a real scientific principle.

"Quantum entanglement is a physical phenomenon that occurs when a group of particles are generated, interact, or share spatial proximity in a way such that the quantum state of each particle of the group cannot be described independently of the state of the others, including when the particles are separated by a large distance ... the counterintuitive predictions of quantum mechanics were verified in tests where polarization or spin of entangled particles was measured at separate locations, statistically violating Bell's inequality." -- Wikipedia

If only clairvoyance, precognition, telekinesis, or telepathy could be proven real ... but they would have to actually BE real first.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 12:22 pm

^ Are you still offering that $1 million to anybody who can guess those objects you kept? :D I remember you mentioned it years ago. What if somebody got really close to it, like for example a green plastic toy soldier instead of a wooden one? Would that person still be deemed as decent at remote viewing if some spirit told them all the answers? These are genuine questions that I'm interested in your answers to.

Why is science such as quantum entanglement likely to be more real than clairvoyance, precognition, telekinesis, or telepathy? I mean, it's still a weird theory that doesn't make sense to be real. Not saying it's not real, I believe it's real, even though it seems too odd to exist, yet it does.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 1:00 pm

smudge wrote:
^ Are you still offering that $1 million to anybody who can guess those objects you kept? [...]
I never offered one million.  That was James Randi.  The "Million-Dollar Challenge" was discontinued after he died.
smudge wrote:
What if somebody got really close to it, like for example a green plastic toy soldier instead of a wooden one?
No, the description of the contents, the container, and the location MUST be accurate.  This is not negotiable.  Every alleged "psychic" seems to brag about the accuracy of their abilities, so the challenge is set up to also test that aspect of their claim, and not just the general nature of the claim itself.
smudge wrote:
Would that person still be deemed as decent at remote viewing if some spirit told them all the answers?
The challenger can use remote viewing, telepathy, spirit-channeling (including ouija boards), crystal balls, et cetera.  Animal sacrifices are forbidden -- there will be no reading of entrails.

I select three objects, place them in a container, and then place the container at a specific location.  The challenger must accurately describe the location, the container, and the objects in detail.  The challenger may not rely on antonyms, homonyms, synonyms, or any other linguistic "tricks" or plays on words.

For example, a former challenger declared in writing that the container was "RED", and when the container was revealed to be a newspaper wrapped around the objects, the challenger argued that she was correct because a newspaper can be "READ".  This is why I insist on detailed and accurate descriptions, as written, with word definitions taken from the Merriam-Webster Dictionary.

After each challenger, I will change the contents, the container, and the location.

One last thing ... No Hints.  This is not a game of "Twenty Questions", so the first guess will be the last.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 5:53 am

Anyone interested in Magick will find many informative episodes on the the F-Plus podcast. An example of which is embedded below.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 8:10 am

Fifty-three minutes?!  There is no way that I will sit through that! ↑

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 8:29 am

You'll learn how to do magick if you do! :D

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 8:38 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
You'll learn how to do magick if you do!
Pulling another fast one, eh?  You cannot fool me; there is no magick, and I am not about to be tricked into joining the deluded masses of magick believers.  I am also not about to let a YouTube video do my thinking for me.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 11:16 am

Fnord wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
You'll learn how to do magick if you do!
Pulling another fast one, eh?  You cannot fool me; there is no magick, and I am not about to be tricked into joining the deluded masses of magick believers.  I am also not about to let a YouTube video do my thinking for me.[/quote

PSA, Public Service Announcement: 'K'

Magic is NOT 'MAGICK'; Let's Get Back On Topic Please... Okay?

And Yes, i Did Turn Down the Job of Moderator From Alex Long ago...

As i had a Really 'Bad Headache' then...

Until, i Cured it And 18 Other Disorders of Nature With All Natural Healing

Looking Within Finding the Solutions

That Work To Bring A Much Greater Reality of True Will to Fruition For me Individually

Otherwise

Known Yes

As MagicK NoW Still;
No Different Really
Than What 'JeSuS'

Mystically All
Naturally
Suggests

Humans Will Do True... too... With the Real Power of Belief ALL Naturally...

And So Many Other Philosophers And Other Story Book Characters too...

By Those Parts of the Story of course written by Other Folks For Real too...

IN Short, Aleister Crowley, Failed in His Endeavor, Lost in Addictions of Drugs, Including Sex Addiction too...

Never the Less, His Ideas Mirrored Other Ideas through History in Similar Philosophies Not TO BE DISMISSED,

RATIONALLY EITHER... unless ya don't wanna take advantage of what works to have a really irrefutable Fabulous Life...

Basically, i Decided for my True Will My Destiny Will Be Surrounded by Thousands of Beautiful Women Smiling
With Love Being my Only Pay Grade, Pay Rate, And Currency in Life Along With Fruition of Many Other Amazing

Human Potentials Versus Being Shut-in, in my Bedroom For 66 Months, With A Synergy of 19 Medical Disorders

In Life Threatening Synergy, Yes, Yes, Yes, including the Worst Pain Known to Humankind, Type Two Trigeminal

Neuralgia From Wake to Sleep, Yes, By God, the Suicide Disease Literally Assessed As Worse than the Torture of

Real,
Real,

Real

Crucifixion,

Oh Yes, Ye, Of Little,

Faith in Belief, Hope in Love That's Real,

It's True, Yet Ya Gotta Put Love on Top of Will For MaGiCK to Work; Aleister, Sadly Forgot to Put Love on Top...

Still That Doesn't Mean That All of What He Did Is DarK Opposed to LiGHT As THere is No Separation in Reality Now...

At Least For Your Constant Insistence That MagicK Is Guessing What's IN A Frigging Box, You Have No Clue it Seems

For What You Are Talking About here... Anyway, i've usually Been the Dude With the Answers All my Life, Don't

Mind

Assisting At All...

Just Have A NICE
DAY; YET i Am not
Telling You What to
Do, Just the Facts About MagicK For Real Now...

And If ya wanna ignore me that's fine; Obviously, Not Everyone Ignores me as Close to 60,000 Views in a

Another Solo Thread by me Does Still Attest, And Refutes what You have Suggested on that For Real too...

Not Here to Prove Anything, i'm Just Interesting in Pursuing All of Human Potential Associated With Love So

i 'Just Do it'
Now With No
Need to 'Sell Shoes'...

Not Unlike Aleister,

i Am Yes, Financially

Independent; And Unlike

Him, i've actually Transformed
myself into Love as Metaphor of Course...

The Way He Did MaGicK Was Closer to
How Trump Does it For Power and Control Over Others, Specifically, Women And Others to Have Sex with most...

"Magick, in the context of Aleister Crowley's Thelema, is a term used to show and differentiate the occult from performance magic and is defined as "the Science and Art of causing Change to occur in conformity with Will", including "mundane" acts of will as well as ritual magic. Crowley wrote that "it is theoretically possible to cause in any object any change of which that object is capable by nature".[1] John Symonds and Kenneth Grant attach a deeper occult significance to this preference.[2]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magick_(Thelema)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 2:05 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
You'll learn how to do magick if you do! :D

I admit, unless I know the person well and to be a walking encyclopaedia (And who has a bunch of other traits, it seems even those who learn critical thinking skills often don't use them well), I tend not to watch long videos posted by others. Cos a lot of time is usually wasted. Most facts are opinions.

Anything shorter? :D