Does anyone here have an interest in magick???

Page 1 of 11 [ 162 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jun 2021, 10:28 am

Hypnosis
NLP (neuro linguistic programming)
Chaos magick
Psychology
Telepathy
Clairvoyance (yes i used spellcheck)
Psychics

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_psychic_abilities

Ps if you don’t know why I called it magick…look up magic vs magick?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 10:33 am

My interest in "Magick" (however it is spelled) mainly involves debunking it and exposing it's fraudulent practitioners.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jun 2021, 10:38 am

When Richard Bandler has a Jehovah’s Witness come to the door he invites them in and says sit down for a spell…he is a psychiatrist and the inventor of Neuro Linguistic Programming?

P.S. Magic and especially magick is in the bible, in Religion?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 11:15 am

Technic1 wrote:
... Magic and especially magick is in the bible...
"Magick" (however you spell it), as it is practiced nowadays, cannot be proven to be real.  Otherwise, any such "proof" is anecdotal, at best.

However, I am willing to be proven wrong by a simple demonstration.

I have a container.  Inside that container are three mundane objects.  Describe that container (e.g., shape, size, color, materials, et cetera) and tell me its location.  Do the same for ALL three objects it contains.  Be exact -- no vague impressions or plays-on-words.

You get no clues and only one guess -- this is NOT "Twenty Questions" wherein any intelligent person could narrow down the possibilities with a series of heuristic inquiries -- your one guess will either be correct or incorrect.  If it is correct, then you will have convinced me that "magick" is valid and worthy of study.  If it is incorrect, then my opinion will not have changed in the least.

What is your guess?

:D FYI: "Bible" should always be capitalized.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jun 2021, 11:22 am

Hold on and I will ask the government.

And hitler who was heavily into the occult.

No offence I’m not elite.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 11:25 am

Since Hitler was as heavily into occultism as he was into his "Master Race" doctrine, citing him to validate the existence of "magick" has the opposite effect, and extremely so.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 11:26 am

By the way, you have "Godwin-ed" this thread, rendering any subsequent premises you make in it invalid.

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jun 2021, 11:35 am

Fnord wrote:
By the way, you have "Godwin-ed" this thread, rendering any subsequent premises you make in it invalid.

No sir the original post is still valid?

And hitler used to decide where to attack using a pendulum? He took over Europe nearly the world in that way?

Last edited by Technic1 on 12 Jun 2021, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 11:48 am

Technic1 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
No sir the original post is still valid?
As far as I am concerned, not really.  Others' opinions may vary, so carry on!

:D

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jun 2021, 11:51 am

Thank you, I will listen to others.

Hopefully some people who share an interest.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 12:00 pm

Technic1 wrote:
Thank you, I will listen to others.  Hopefully some people who share an interest.
Sure, and it is an interesting subject -- one that has held my interest for about 60 years.

It still saddens me when I find out that what I used to believe as true "magick" was only stage tricks and parlor games.

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jun 2021, 12:07 pm

That is very twelve and six thinking?

Like the Illuminati disproving religion with science, everything has an explanation?

CinderashAutomaton
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Jun 2021, 12:27 pm

I think this topic belongs in the Random Discussions section -> viewforum.php?f=24

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 12:27 pm

Technic1 wrote:
No, that is called Critical thinking.  Try it sometime.
Technic1 wrote:
Like the Illuminati disproving religion with science, everything has an explanation?
No, like ordinary people disproving fraud and fakery by closely observing a demonstration under controlled conditions -- video cameras, sealed containers, double-blind testing, that sort of thing.

Any stage magician can fool hundreds of people at once with just a few common tricks and diversionary tactics.  I worked as a store-front "Psychic", with masters of the craft who taught me every trick and tactic, and who also taught me that everyone is a potential
 sucker  seeker, and that there is a  sucker  seeker born every minute.

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jun 2021, 12:31 pm

Fnord wrote:
Technic1 wrote:
No, that is called Critical thinking.  Try it sometime.
Technic1 wrote:
No, like ordinary people disproving fraud and fakery by closely observing a demonstration under controlled conditions -- video cameras, sealed containers, double-blind testing, that sort of thing.
 sucker  seeker, and that there is a  sucker  seeker born every minute.

Do that and you have the big secret?

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 12:38 pm

ΚΕΦΑΛΗ ΠΗ
GOLD BRICKS

Teach us Your secret, Master! yap my Yahoos.

Then for the hardness of their hearts, and for the softness of their heads, I taught them Magick.

But... alas!

Teach us Your real secret, Master! how to become invisible, how to acquire love, and oh! beyond all, how to make gold.

But how much gold will you give me for the Secret of Infinite Riches?

Then said the foremost and most foolish: Master, it is nothing; but here is an hundred thousand pounds.

This did I deign to accept, and whispered in his ear this secret:

A SUCKER IS BORN EVERY MINUTE.

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/crowley/lies/91.htm