Does anyone here have an interest in magick???

Page 9 of 11 [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 8:32 pm

alchemical poisonings by moron doctors in English Gematria equals: 2400
https://www.gematrix.org/?word=alchemic ... on+doctors

the alchemical poisonings by morons in Jewish Gematria equals: 1400
https://www.gematrix.org/?word=the+alch ... +by+morons

morons love their benzos huh in Jewish Gematria equals: 2220
https://www.gematrix.org/?word=morons+l ... benzos+huh

new tavistock opens today
huh in Simple Gematria equals: 333

new tavistock wtf lol in English Gematria equals: 1500

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 11:52 am

atypical antipsychotics are garbage in Simple Gematria equals: 333

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 12:20 pm

The_Znof wrote:
atypical antipsychotics are garbage in Simple Gematria equals: 333

What gematria system are you using to derive that?

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 12:29 pm

i am using this system in English Gematria equals: 1500

https://www.gematrix.org/?word=i+am+using+this+system++

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 12:53 pm

Define magic.

The problem with magic is that it remains undefined, yet most people would probably think that if an object can appear out of nowhere, that's magic. Quantum Fluctuations, anyone?

Alternatively you could say that if you change something over here, and it cause an effect over there in an instant (faster than light), that's magic. Quantum Entanglement, anyone?

You could say that if you make an object disappear, and never come back... that's magic.
Beyond the Event Horizon of a Black Hole, anyone?

Of course both Quantum Mechanics and Black Holes are well-understood phenomena amongst scientists. So it isn't really magic to scientists.

I think "magic" depends on the individual perspective and definitions.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 1:04 pm

thinkinginpictures wrote:
Define magic.

in the context of "magick", "magic" specifically refers to stage magic

Magick is closer to Nietzsche's "will to Power" than it is to stage magic

Quote:
Magick, in the context of Aleister Crowley's Thelema, is a term used to show and differentiate the occult from performance magic and is defined as "the Science and Art of causing Change to occur in conformity with Will", including "mundane" acts of will as well as ritual magic. Crowley wrote that "it is theoretically possible to cause in any object any change of which that object is capable by nature".[1] John Symonds and Kenneth Grant attach a deeper occult significance to this preference.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magick_(Thelema)

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 1:14 pm

The_Znof wrote:
Quote:
"it is theoretically possible to cause in any object any change of which that object is capable by nature".

In that case I'll say it's crap.

Anything can be everywhere and do anything that object is capable of by nature.
But to control it at will, that means by your mind alone, requires you to violate Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle and have ΔxΔp (not to be) ≥ h4π, because your brain/mind is made of exactly the same types of particles as the object you're trying to move.

It is impossible to know both a particle's position AND momentum with 100 % certainty for each, simultaneously.
To do telepathy etc., you need to violate the basic principles of the universe. It has yet to be proven (meaning it's crap when people claim to be psychics etc.).

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 3:18 pm

But to control it at will, that means by your mind alone, requires you to violate Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle and have ΔxΔp (not to be) ≥ h4π, because your brain/mind is made of exactly the same types of particles as the object you're trying to move.

Who said anything about will meaning mind alone?

You completely straw man crowley and then turn Heisenburg into judge dred or some s**t!

THATS not the will to power! :skull:

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 3:31 pm

The_Znof wrote:

Who said anything about will meaning mind alone?

You completely straw man crowley and then turn Heisenburg into judge dred or some s**t!

THATS not the will to power! :skull:

Sorry, I must have misunderstood what you're trying to say. Care to explain again?
What is "will to power"?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 4:17 pm

magick (n): the alleged use of supernatural means to affect and/or influence natural forces, objects, and/or people.

So far, the only "magick" I have ever witnessed was based solely on misdirection, pareidolia, sleight-of-hand, and technical trickery -- nothing "supernatural" was ever involved.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 4:26 pm

Fnord wrote:
magick (n): the alleged use of supernatural means to affect and/or influence natural forces, objects, and/or people.

So far, the only "magick" I have ever witnessed was based solely on misdirection, pareidolia, sleight-of-hand, and technical trickery -- nothing "supernatural" was ever involved.

You know, if you were to travel back in time 500 years ago with your glowing smartphone they'd probably consider that to be 'magick' and would have you burned as a witch. :P

♤ The Military

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 4:48 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
Fnord wrote:

You know, if you were to travel back in time 500 years ago with your glowing smartphone they'd probably consider that to be 'magick' and would have you burned as a witch.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -- Clarke's 3rd Law

"Any technology, not matter how primitive, is magic to those who do not understand it." -- Ambrose's Corollary to Clarke's 3rd Law

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 4:57 pm

Fnord wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Fnord wrote:

You know, if you were to travel back in time 500 years ago with your glowing smartphone they'd probably consider that to be 'magick' and would have you burned as a witch.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -- Clarke's 3rd Law

"Any technology, not matter how primitive, is magic to those who do not understand it." -- Ambrose's Corollary to Clarke's 3rd Law

I'm just saying, the amazing things that science can accomplish today would have been considered magic a long time ago. So whose to say it isnt technically it's own form of magic?

♤ The Military

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 5:35 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
Fnord wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Fnord wrote:

I'm just saying, the amazing things that science can accomplish today would have been considered magic a long time ago. So who's to say it isn't technically it's own form of magic?
Me, that is who.  Science is natural, not "supernatural"; thus, it does not fit the description of "magick".

Why do people assume that natural events they do not understand are somehow "magickal"?

:roll:

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 5:42 pm

Fnord wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Fnord wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Fnord wrote:

I'm just saying, the amazing things that science can accomplish today would have been considered magic a long time ago. So who's to say it isn't technically it's own form of magic?
Me, that is who.  Science is natural, not "supernatural"; thus, it does not fit the description of "magick".

Why do people assume that natural events they do not understand are somehow "magickal"?

:roll:

Well I'm sure there's some wiccan out there holding a carved wand and flowers braided into her hair who will say that magic is nature and that nature is literally everything. :flower:

Or something like that.

♤ The Military

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2021, 11:16 pm

Fnord wrote:

Quote:
"I sometimes wonder if G^D sent covid-19 to wipe out the covid/climate-change/evolution/science/vaccine deniers through their own stupidity. There are easy means of prevention and mitigation, but the deniers refuse to use them, citing their "right to choose" as their (lame) excuse."

i Found 'This Quote of Yours' Rather Amusing

in the Context of This Discussion Here; Sure,

Except if It's 'G^d' Doing The MagicK, Huh;

Even Aleister Crowley In His Definition
off MagicK That is the Topic of this
Discussion That Limits MagicK

To Natural Forces And
Separates What He Was
Talking About in Pursuing
One's Own True Will Through
Great Works of Life Then From
Parlor Tricks And Sleight of Hand,

Does Not

Entertain

A

Belief That
God Directs
Viruses to Kill Humans Specifically Who Are Being Naughty...

Although, Obviously, Ignorance As Far As Nature That is God
All Natural Is Part of the Pie That Harms Those Who Are Ignorant,

Including US...

Still Putting
The Realism
in Theism With SMiles...

And Again, Science Shows Now That
Some of Aleister Crowley's 'MagicK'
Associated With The Placebo Effect,
The Nocebo Effect, And Sex MagicK,
in Regard to the Enhancing Effect of

Lust on Human Creativity, Productivity,
And Social Cooperation Do Have Some Science Assessed Merit

As Already Discussed in This Thread That continues to Move
in A Direction of a Definition of MagicK That Is Not at All On Topic

Of Aleister

Crowley's

Definition of MagicK; Yes, A
Much Different Context and Discussion...

As Most Folks Here Don't Likely Believe in
Sleight of Hand And Parlor Tricks Anyway,

Being
Supernatural...

Yet, 'G^d' Directing Viruses

Differently Now According
to Human Naughty Behavior; Yes,
Yes, Now That's Really 'Out THere'...

Yet Hey, Purple UniCorns Do
Exist in Human Imagination
Too And Make Little Girls and
Some Boys Happy When They Come to Toy Fruition...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick