I feel like a terrible person and a disgrace to WP. Goodbye

Page 1 of 10 [ 154 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

salad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 12:42 pm

I didnt mean to cause so many problems and hurt to those on WP. That was never my intention. I came on WP because I was going through a hard time in my life after my mom died, after my head injury, after losing my money, and after failing school and experiencing severe depression and suicidality. I never intended to be a negative force on this site nor did I intend to ruin this place for others.

It has come to my attention that me posting about my fiancee and being engaged has been hurtful and triggering to the people on Wrongplanet and that my irresponsible posting has led to harming another WP member who was struggling with this exact thing. As someone who is familiar with the struggles people with Aspergers, especially on this forum, have in finding a partner and loving relationship, and as someone who witnessed 1st hand how hard it is for many to find a partner, I condemn my irresponsible posting and wish to apologize to everyone I hurt posting about success at the expense of the mental health of those on this forum who struggle specifically with this issue.

My intention was to celebrate a happy moment in my life after so much hardship, but that doesnt excuse my behavior. I could have been discrete about it, not broadcast it publicly, and should have been more empathetic and understanding to those on this forum whom would be triggered by repeated mentioning of this knowing they struggle with this. Several members have called my attention to this, with one even PMing me telling me politely that my posting was very irresponsible and unwise given the situation on WP, and to find out I caused others to be hurt and exacerbated their mental health, that really is evil of me.

I ruined this website for so many people and now others are suffering because of me. I'm a failure and not wanted on this forum. And please I dont want anyone to defend my actions or blame the members on WP who were hurt by my posts. This is about atonement and accepting responsibility for bad decisions. I'm not the victim in any of this. I could have enjoyed my fiancee and engagement without publicly broadcasting it and doing it intentionally on WP knowing how others are struggling with this same issue. Please no one attack the victims who were hurt by my posting, because thats not what I want and I myself realize in hindsight it was narcissistic and even sociopathic of me to post what I have knowing the harm it would cause given the sensitive nature of this on a forum for people struggling with this. I accept responsibility for selfish posting and dont want anyone to defend me

This is my last post on this forum.

Goodbye

Master Oogway

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Jun 2021, 12:46 pm

You definitely didn't ruin this forum. Your recent posts are making it a brighter place!
If someone finds your happiness triggering, it's their problem, not yours.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 12:47 pm

The site is a better place with your presence and I hope reconsider this decision. :(

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 12:57 pm

I like you. Please feel welcome to return at any time.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 1:11 pm

You were my only Muslim friend, and I felt that you elevated my consciousness.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 1:14 pm

I think if someone believes they have been sociopathic for posting about finding a fiancé on this forum after a long time of struggle, that could perhaps be a reflection of a deeper issue with this forum that has nothing to do with anything you posted Salad.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 1:21 pm

If you read this: I think you are a good addition to WP. It is a better place with you. And that's coming from a guyMe! who has openly, repeatedly, admitted on WP that he is happily married (for 21+ years, by the way!).

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 2:48 pm

Uh, Salad?

I hope you are reading this.

I want you to come back.

Recent troubles were not your fault.

Please come back.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 2:50 pm

Wait, what?!

COME BACK!

Please!!

You've done NOTHING wrong, salad!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 4:10 pm

I agree with everyone here. You did nothing wrong.

Anybody who has a problem with someone being happy…..has a major problem.

I hope you come back.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 4:13 pm

Please don’t leave.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 4:23 pm

Salad, I hope you will reconsider. You’ve done nothing wrong. Happiness is a good thing to share.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 5:08 pm

Not trying to pick a side or anything, I will just say that you are wanted by me, and vicariously experiencing your joy brought a little bit of it to me. I can see both sides of the situation, I can understand how it could have been demoralizing to some, but it also can be uplifting/inspiring to others. And a good thing about mistakes (whether one was made here or not) is that one can learn from them. In my opinion, this is absolutely not anything that should make you leave.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 6:30 pm

Just one more song?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 7:36 pm

salad wrote:
It has come to my attention that me posting about my fiancee and being engaged has been hurtful and triggering to the people on Wrongplanet and that my irresponsible posting has led to harming another WP member who was struggling with this exact thing.

People generally prefer not to hear about success stories, in the Haven.
Simple solution: "Don't do it" if they ask you to stop.
I usually add: "Apologies".8)

I think you are overreacting.
Think of England your girlfriend and soldier on, taking your own advice.
She is your strength in your life in addition to your new positive mindset. ;)

The irony is, I am giving you advice in The Haven, but I think you can handle it. :thumright:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 7:40 pm

magz wrote:
If someone finds your happiness triggering, it's their problem, not yours.

This is self-evident. 8)