Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 9:25 am

Quote:
WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Footage proves bats were kept in Wuhan lab
Sharri Markson |13/06/2021|17min

The Wuhan Institute of Virology kept live bats in cages, new footage from inside the facility has revealed, disproving denials from World Health Organisation investigators who claimed the suggestion was a “conspiracy”.

An official Chinese Academy of Sciences video to mark the launch of the new biosafety level 4 laboratory in May 2017 speaks about the security precautions that are in place if “an accident” occurs and reveals there had been “intense clashes” with the French Government during the construction of the laboratory.

The video shows bats being held in a cage at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, along with vision of a scientist feeding a bat with a worm.

The 10 minute video is titled “The construction and research team of Wuhan P4 laboratory of Wuhan Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Sciences” and features interviews with its leading scientists.

The World Health Organisation report investigating the origin of the pandemic failed to mention that any bats had been kept at the Wuhan Institute of Virology and only its annex referred to animals being housed there.

“The animal room in the P4 facility can handle a variety of species, including primate work with SARS-CoV-2,” it states.

A member of the World Health Organisation team investigating the origin of the pandemic in Wuhan, zoologist Peter Daszak said it was a conspiracy to suggest bats were held at the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

In one tweet dated December, 2020 he said: “No BATS were sent to Wuhan lab for genetic analysis of viruses collected in the field. That’s now how this science works. We collect bat samples, send them to the lab. We RELEASE bats where we catch them!”

In another tweet, dated December 11, 2020, he said: “This is a widely circulated conspiracy theory. This piece describes work I’m the lead on and labs I’ve collaborated with for 15 years. They DO NOT have live or dead bats in them. There is no evidence anywhere that this happened. It’s an error I hope will be corrected.”

This month, Daszak appeared to retract his earlier denials and admitted the Wuhan Institute of Virology may have housed bats but admitted he had not asked them.

The Chinese Academy of Sciences video was discovered by researchers investigating the origin of the pandemic who call themselves DRASTIC.

Digital archivist “Jesse” found the Chinese Academy of Sciences Video while the group's co-ordinator, who goes by a pseudonym of “Billy Bostickson” for safety reasons, has long complained evidence bats were housed in the Wuhan laboratories.

The video forms part of the investigation for the book “What Really Happened in Wuhan” which is available for pre-order at Amazon and Booktopia.

Mr Daszak has not responded to requests for comment.

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_625 ... newsletter

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 11:30 am

I'm confused... Does this mean those who believed it likely came from a lab are still the people believing in conspiracies, or is it now those who believed it couldn't have come from there who are the conspiracy theorists?

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 1:56 pm

Brictoria wrote:
I'm confused... Does this mean those who believed it likely came from a lab are still the people believing in conspiracies, or is it now those who believed it couldn't have come from there who are the conspiracy theorists?

I suppose it all depends on whether the bats were found in the cafeteria or not.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 2:43 pm

They were hidden in the dumplings.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Jun 2021, 2:53 pm

I'd be pretty surprised if Wuhan Institute of Virology didn't study bats and, thus, didn't have them in their labs.
An example of pre-pandemics article about bats and virology: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 112401.htm
Bats have immune systems that let them host viruses that kill other animals. Why? It's still quite uncertain, so it's being intensively researched. And Wuhan is a serious academic hub.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 2:55 pm

We need people like Magz to dispel the conspiracy theories. This is right up her alley.

There might have been a leak from a lab. There might not have been a leak from a lab.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Jun 2021, 3:11 pm

I just wanted to say that a footage of bats in a Wuhan lab proves exactly nothing because you expect bats in a serious virology research lab.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 3:17 pm

That knowledge is very important. I wouldn’t have known that. I might have jumped to conclusions about bats in Wuhan labs myself…..

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 7:56 pm

magz wrote:
I'd be pretty surprised if Wuhan Institute of Virology didn't study bats and, thus, didn't have them in their labs.
An example of pre-pandemics article about bats and virology: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 112401.htm
Bats have immune systems that let them host viruses that kill other animals. Why? It's still quite uncertain, so it's being intensively researched. And Wuhan is a serious academic hub.

Even here in Australia, there was a "lie" that Australian scientists didn't study live bats.
Politics. :eew:
You can't trust the establishment completely, *ever*. :roll:

"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

Abraham Lincoln
8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 8:05 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
We need people like Magz to dispel the conspiracy theories. This is right up her alley.

There might have been a leak from a lab. There might not have been a leak from a lab.

Reason suggests the former.
But it is still only a conspiracy valid speculation.
A consideration that some in the world rejected out of hand for political reasons. 8)

What do the ccp have to hide?
And they do, after all, have *cough* credibility. :mrgreen:
Oh, wait, global condemnation for the deaths of 3.7 million, and counting. 8O

People need to use their noggin to see through the political spin. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 8:07 pm

magz wrote:
I just wanted to say that a footage of bats in a Wuhan lab proves exactly nothing because you expect bats in a serious virology research lab.

It proves the ccp lied that they had no bats in the lab.
That is the point. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 8:11 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
That knowledge is very important. I wouldn’t have known that. I might have jumped to conclusions about bats in Wuhan labs myself…..

-No bats sold in the Wuhan "wet" markets.
-The outbreak happened where there was a virology lab studying the covid virus.
The makeup of the coronavirus, ideally suited to infecting humans, very unlikely to have occurred naturally.
-The ccp originally stated it was the result of wet market bats.
The ccp spun a number of conspiracy theories that suggested US Marines caused the pandemic and that even Australia sent the virus via frozen goods, to Wuhan. 8O
-The ccp has no credibility.

Connect the dots. 8)

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

14 Jun 2021, 1:22 am

- China's hiding something
- Putin denies plain facts
- Sky is blue
;)

Yeah, China is blocking investigations. Why? They can have millions of things they want to hide, not necessarily directly connected to covid itself (like plain corruption) that would risk being exposed in the process.

If covid indeed escaped a lab, that would be extremely crappy of them because it's totally unfit for a bioweapon - and an escape from regular virology research would tell very badly about their safety standards.

Though, numerous viral photos from Chinese construction sites also tell something about Chinese safety standards ;)

By "connecting" these "dots", I find it relatively likely that if covid indeed escaped a lab, it was a regular virology research lab doing regular science with insufficient safety measures.

The Chinese may not want international investigation before they rule it out themselves because even if the chance is extremely slim, potential financial and prestige losses are huge. The Chinese are very ambitious in science, I've worked with them. Such a loss in reputation would be catastrophic for them.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

14 Jun 2021, 7:18 am

Quote:
This month, Daszak appeared to retract his earlier denials and admitted the Wuhan Institute of Virology may have housed bats but admitted he had not asked them.
(emphasis mine) Isn't this the character whose name we're supposed to never forget? :scratch:

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

14 Jun 2021, 7:28 am

Cornflake wrote:
Quote:
(emphasis mine) Isn't this the character whose name we're supposed to never forget? :scratch:
Why should we? The guy seems to publish before fact-checking. Bad habit but not uncommon.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

14 Jun 2021, 7:35 am

Yes indeed. So much for critical thinking...