4 mass shootings in 6 hours leave 39 wounded, 5 dead

Page 2 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 12:33 am

I am simply wanting states like Texas and Florida to be like states like California and New York.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 12:44 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
There’s good aspects to “woke” and there’s bad aspects to “woke”

At its worst, it can be almost as bad as Trumpism and can acquire the characteristics of the Chinese Cultural Revolution of the 60s.

At its best, it can be a clarion call for harmony amongst all people.

While I agree a middle ground is suitable, I think the anti-woke campaign is largely fake

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 1:13 am

Uhh it's just so f****d up something as simple as going to the grocery store can get you killed like damn. Like one of my boyfriends coworkers in Fort Collins where we live(only for a few months cause we found a place here we could afford and we were sick of Denver) had moved here from boulder and apparently while there that king soopers with the shooting was his regular king Soopers. Not there when it happened but that would still be like scary finding out your usual grocery store just had a shooting.

Which on that note I was quite disturbed like a week ago when me and my boyfriend were shopping in the king soopers grocery store we go to in fort Collins, there was a guy with like a hand held gun like some kind of pistol but like a heavier looking one IDK I don't really know much about like kinds and makes of guns but idk it looked kind of like the kind of handgun police officers have would be I guess the best way I could describe it. But they just had it sticking down the back of their shorts(seemed like an unsafe way to carry a gun, like what if he shot is balls or his ass that way). But well having PTSD from a shooting situation and having heard about that king soopers shooting it certainly freaked me out and so I wanted to get out of the store ASAP incase they were like a crazy mass shooter or something. But yeah I was not sure since I just moved here like what the laws on carrying guns are so I didn't like report it or anything but either way it made me extremely uncomfortable seeing that. Part of it was, 'how do I know he is not planning to pull that thing out and start shooting?' and part of it was 'OMG what a dumb way to carry a gun this guy could shoot his balls off and scare everyone in the store while just harming himself but idk people could get harmed by themselves or others if they got panicky from hearing a gun go off.'? either way I just did not like seeing that gun shoved in the back of that guys shorts, because also even if he was not a mass shooter like another person could have easily just grabbed that gun out of his shorts before he would have been able to stop them. And well for f***s sake if you are carrying a gun for protection keep it in a proper holster or whatever not just shoved in the back of your shorts...like wtf?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 2:15 am

There's currently a nutjob in NSW AUstralia who is knocking on doors and blowing people's brains out.

He's killed 2 people answering their doors. So you can be killed for just answering your door these days. He's still free.

Giving civilians guns is not just stupid, it puts normal people at risk.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 2:28 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Uhh it's just so f****d up something as simple as going to the grocery store can get you killed like damn. Like one of my boyfriends coworkers in Fort Collins where we live(only for a few months cause we found a place here we could afford and we were sick of Denver) had moved here from boulder and apparently while there that king soopers with the shooting was his regular king Soopers. Not there when it happened but that would still be like scary finding out your usual grocery store just had a shooting.

Which on that note I was quite disturbed like a week ago when me and my boyfriend were shopping in the king soopers grocery store we go to in fort Collins, there was a guy with like a hand held gun like some kind of pistol but like a heavier looking one IDK I don't really know much about like kinds and makes of guns but idk it looked kind of like the kind of handgun police officers have would be I guess the best way I could describe it. But they just had it sticking down the back of their shorts(seemed like an unsafe way to carry a gun, like what if he shot is balls or his ass that way). But well having PTSD from a shooting situation and having heard about that king soopers shooting it certainly freaked me out and so I wanted to get out of the store ASAP incase they were like a crazy mass shooter or something. But yeah I was not sure since I just moved here like what the laws on carrying guns are so I didn't like report it or anything but either way it made me extremely uncomfortable seeing that. Part of it was, 'how do I know he is not planning to pull that thing out and start shooting?' and part of it was 'OMG what a dumb way to carry a gun this guy could shoot his balls off and scare everyone in the store while just harming himself but idk people could get harmed by themselves or others if they got panicky from hearing a gun go off.'? either way I just did not like seeing that gun shoved in the back of that guys shorts, because also even if he was not a mass shooter like another person could have easily just grabbed that gun out of his shorts before he would have been able to stop them. And well for f***s sake if you are carrying a gun for protection keep it in a proper holster or whatever not just shoved in the back of your shorts...like wtf?

Yes. The Second Amendment may guarantee your right bear arms, but it doesnt guarantee your right to be a dumbass. :lol:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 3:19 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Yes. The Second Amendment may guarantee your right bear arms, but it doesnt guarantee your right to be a dumbass. :lol:

I guess so, but like uhh that was such a dumb thing to see...I am not even a gun person and I could see that is not a proper way to like keep a gun on your person. I mean the longer things went on seemed they were not a psyco to shoot up the store but like still they had a gun on them secured in way that did not look secure in the least. Like if someone wanted to harm people with the gun they could have easily just grabbed it from him with it sticking out the back of his shorts like that before he would have been able to stop them. So Idk just seemed extremely stupid, like yeah genius put your gun down the back of your pants and hope you don't shoot your balls off or something. Or alternatively leave the gun home or if you insist on bringing it with at least get a propler holster or way to carry it that does not invole it just being slid into the back of your shorts or underpants where a person could easily steal it from you or if it went off on accident you could shoot your balls off.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 6:01 am

In NYC, that guy would be in a jail cell, pronto.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 6:48 am

Only the government should have guns. Then everybody would be safe!! !

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

14 Jun 2021, 7:13 am

Yeah, give guns to everyone capable of aiming one. Then they can all eye each other suspiciously and blow their heads off at the slightest provocation. :roll:

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 8:04 am

All of these cities are also Democrat led.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

14 Jun 2021, 8:08 am

Bigger cities tend to be Democrat led.
They are also the places where need for gun control is more visibly urgent - in small communities family's reputation among the neighbours can be enough to make people behave.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 8:54 am

magz wrote:
They are also the places where need for gun control is more visibly urgent - in small communities family's reputation among the neighbours can be enough to make people behave.

Its not about the size of the city so much as the leadership of the city (or lack thereof). The Democrat cities are always out of control hell holes that people flee because of the total lack of order and the hostility towards business.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

14 Jun 2021, 9:06 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
magz wrote:

Its not about the size of the city so much as the leadership of the city (or lack thereof). The Democrat cities are always out of control hell holes that people flee because of the total lack of order and the hostility towards business.

I'm confused: first you say governments shouldn't control citizens, then you claim Democrat cities are "hellholes that people flee" because of "lack of leadership".
Apart form validity of the latter (I'm living in EU and it doesn't look like people were fleeing it), what is your actual opinion on strong governments?

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 9:10 am

magz wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
magz wrote:

I'm confused: first you say governments shouldn't control citizens, then you claim Democrat cities are "hellholes that people flee" because of "lack of leadership".
So, are you for strong leaders or against them?

Leadership and control are not the same things. Most of the gun violence problem is because of the gun banns in these cities that leave law abiding persons defenseless against criminals.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

14 Jun 2021, 9:11 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Leadership and control are not the same things. Most of the gun violence problem is because of the gun banns in these cities that leave law abiding persons defenseless against criminals.

Then why here, in EU, we don't have gun violence?

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 9:22 am

magz wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

Then why here, in EU, we don't have gun violence?

Probably because you don't have any Democrats.