Always Feeling 10 steps behind non autistic people

Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2021, 1:26 pm

ronglxy wrote:
My best of "being" is @OSN!! ! Sorry, that just seems to be "it" for me, and I like it there lots!!. Thanks for all posts on such.

yeh, i can dig it, i'm an OSN as well. though thanks to you, now i know it. :alien:

browneyedgirlslowingdown
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Aug 2021, 5:29 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Quote:
I was just on Facebook and saw a set of photos from four women I know that I didn't realize knew each other who were off backpacking in a place that I love. I was not invited, and have never been invited to a single outing of theirs. I am not sure why I am never included or part of anything, but that is the way it has always been. It's interesting, I travel a lot, I explore a lot, I am educated, and interesting, but for some reason, I give off this impression that I am not interested in connection, or maybe it's that whole double empathy thing. ..they read me wrong and i read them or something of the sort. That hurt me today, but it's okay, I am not like them and would prefer to spend time with people that understand what I am like rather than not. I moved away from that place after three years because in three years I did not make a single friend that was inclusive. It just was not the right place for me.

This has happened to me before and it hurts to even think about it. There used to be 3 people I worked with who were all my age, and they suddenly got friendly with a couple (also my age) who I knew before they did, and they all spent time together at weekends without even attempting to invite me. I hinted that I liked the things they were doing, but they still didn't invite me. They'd talk about it at work and I felt so left out. I was always friendly and always ''got'' their jokes and laughed and was easy to talk to and get along with, yet they completely left me out, and I don't think it was even deliberate. They just didn't care. Maybe one of them would have invited me, but they all sucked up to the ''alpha'' of the group, who didn't like me for God knows what reason. I was just disappointed because I'd have loved to have gone out with a group same-age colleagues, it would make me feel so normal and accepted. Also I liked them and was interested in them. :cry:

Sorry for the month-long delay in replying. I have been quite busy. I'm sorry they left you out. This has happened to me so frequently that I have now accepted that I don't understand groups or how they function really. Especially when no one has a clearly defined purpose, besides default ones like what you described, follow the bully, etc. I really like clearly defined roles and a purpose for interaction. Even if that interaction is as basic as cleaning the house or as complex as a romantic relationship. Otherwise, I just don't understand. Shrug.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 50 of 200
You are very likely on the broader autism cluster (Aspie)
Systemising Quotient (SQ) 78
Empathy Quotient (EQ) 41
CAT-Q 156 Compensation 56 Masking 48 Assimilation 52