Abbott signs power grid regulation into law

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 1:46 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-gov-greg-abbott-signs-bills-responding-to-power-grid-failure-into-law/ar-AAKQ5fS?ocid=uxbndlbing

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

14 Jun 2021, 3:55 am

Looks like after the event, even the Texans came to a conclusion that infrastructure on which everyone depends with their lives shouldn't be regulated solely by greed.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 8:17 am

magz wrote:
Looks like after the event, even the Texans came to a conclusion that infrastructure on which everyone depends with their lives shouldn't be regulated solely by greed.

I think he’s just trying to save his own ass. Next year, he’s up for re-election, and there are rumors he may attempt a presidential bid in 2024 if Trump doesn’t run again. I’m actually starting to miss Rick Perry.

The meme I posted alludes to Abbott’s/Trump’s supporters associating any and all regulation with California (the man in the photo is Gavin Newsom, CA’s governor, and the right’s battle cry of late is “Don’t California My Texas”).

Many of the big Tech companies are building large campuses in Austin, and some of those who had been priced out of the Silicon Valley have been moving there.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!