Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 5:20 am

It's such a joy to always be abandoned or deserted otherwise, especially by blood relatives or those making "lifelong" vows which mean as much as the soup at the bottom of a garbage can. But in so doing, they prove themselves to not really be family as it were. Even generally. More specifically, for Christians there's the verse in the title which almost nobody will look up, as well as "if you love Me, you will keep My commandments" the contrapositive of which being that if somebody doesn't keep His commandments, then they don't love Him. Fun when considering, say, Mark 10:1-12 or Malachi 2:13-16 with regard to divorce. Concessions, concessions, and "everything is permissible!" "but not everything is beneficial" too. It's just sadly funny to think how it's more probable my precious birds will be in Heaven than most of my blood relatives, my ex-wife who probably abused children and is at least a pathological liar, and so many churchians which worship money and the glorious state. I'm sure this will go over like a lead balloon on this usually antichristian forum, but I don't care, I'm just sick of everything.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 6:08 am

There are more Christians than you might think on this Site.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 8:11 am

Not everyone considers Biblical "laws" to be significant or even consistent.  Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of divorce, and to dismiss her; but Jesus said that what God has joined together, no man should separate.

This brings up one important question: Are marriages made in Heaven, or do simply people let "the heat of their loins" lead them and then use Biblical "laws" to justify their actions afterward?

As for the OP himself...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 8:55 am

I don't know if it's just me but it seems like there was a bifurcation around second grade (age 7-8 in the US) where I noticed that my peers left exploration and curiosity mode and went instead into the mode of power games. This was in a school where it was still in a relatively small / wholesome town, when I moved to a suburb of a large city for third grade the landscape was almost unrecognizable in that direction. For me not having lost my curiosity I spent a lot of time acting out and rebelling along those lines.

I get the impression that this sort of early bifurcation seems to have been the largest contributing factor to me feeling like I was on the 'wrong planet'. I've gotten the sense as well that while being in this state can overlap with ASD it's not quite the same thing, and if there's a higher number of people on this forum with ASD who feel that it's not just their ASD but I'm guessing something more like self-selection along those lines.

What I mean by that - people who got the power game early (especially at age 7 or 8 ) are like fish swimming in water. They seem to just 'know' that codified morals are a ruse, that it's a game, and that these rules aren't binding or worse - that they're best served as game theoretic weapons by means of virtue signaling, twisting the message, etc. and when someone who takes these rules into the depths of their being fails in the competition of life they just take it as more confirmation that they were right. All of that seems to contribute to a world where most people are lying, expect most other people to be lying, and the public story and even holy books are just hooks to hang one's lies on. It's a place where only the stupid (or self-made shut-ins) really take integrity seriously, or at least one could say that such is the colloquial understanding.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 9:37 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
There are more Christians than you might think on this Site.

Perhaps so, there would always be some fraction. However, though I haven't bothered counting, so far as I have an impression of previous years, most are either lukewarm compromisers pretty far on the social/moral left that they might as well be SJWs themselves if not merely enablers of the far-left, or a few "nazis"/bigots/fundies/etc_demonized_term for a few Christians that bother "casting pearls before swine" to get trampled by the social harmony control freaks and outrage mobs always declaring everything wrongthink and the biased liberal rules only really allowing the left to have a voice since so many sacred cows of levitical capital crime level sins have deliberately become idolized by eugenicists in power. And yes, there are greater and lesser sins, not boolean -- as Christ said to Pilate in John 19:11, "You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above. Therefore the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin."

Perhaps things have changed and it's not mostly the lukewarm bothering to have a voice and the left in power aren't silencing everyone they disagree with like everywhere else nowadays, but it seems highly improbable.

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 9:45 am

Fnord wrote:
Not everyone considers Biblical "laws" to be significant or even consistent.  Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of divorce, and to dismiss her; but Jesus said that what God has joined together, no man should separate.

This brings up one important question: Are marriages made in Heaven, or do simply people let "the heat of their loins" lead them and then use Biblical "laws" to justify their actions afterward?

As for the OP himself...

It's irrelevant what mere humans think of as significant or whether they think them consistent or are just unwilling to see things for how they are. And that quote is one I referenced with the concessions bit:

Then Jesus left that place and went into the territory of Judea on the other side of the Jordan. Crowds gathered around him as usual, and he began to teach them again as was his custom. Some Pharisees came to test him. They asked, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?"
He answered them, "What did Moses command you?"
They said, "Moses allowed a man to write a certificate of divorce and to divorce her."
But Jesus told them, "It was because of your hardness of heart that he wrote this command for you. But from the beginning of creation, 'God made them male and female.' 'That is why a man will leave his father and mother and be united with his wife, and the two will become one flesh.' So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore, what God has joined together, man must never separate."
Back in the house, the disciples asked him about this again. So he told them, "Whoever divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. And if a woman divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery."
Mark 10:1-12

Your answer would be clear if you bothered to think about it.

As for my ex-wife, she would still be my wife regardless of the laws of the current Caesar in power in my area. If she is actually a child abuser though, then I'm glad she left and hope she stays away. Sex is disgusting and I have no interest in other relationships regardless, but it would still be right for us to reconcile if she ever bothers to try.

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 9:50 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I don't know if it's just me but it seems like there was a bifurcation around second grade (age 7-8 in the US) where I noticed that my peers left exploration and curiosity mode and went instead into the mode of power games. This was in a school where it was still in a relatively small / wholesome town, when I moved to a suburb of a large city for third grade the landscape was almost unrecognizable in that direction. For me not having lost my curiosity I spent a lot of time acting out and rebelling along those lines.

I get the impression that this sort of early bifurcation seems to have been the largest contributing factor to me feeling like I was on the 'wrong planet'. I've gotten the sense as well that while being in this state can overlap with ASD it's not quite the same thing, and if there's a higher number of people on this forum with ASD who feel that it's not just their ASD but I'm guessing something more like self-selection along those lines.

What I mean by that - people who got the power game early (especially at age 7 or 8 ) are like fish swimming in water. They seem to just 'know' that codified morals are a ruse, that it's a game, and that these rules aren't binding or worse - that they're best served as game theoretic weapons by means of virtue signaling, twisting the message, etc. and when someone who takes these rules into the depths of their being fails in the competition of life they just take it as more confirmation that they were right. All of that seems to contribute to a world where most people are lying, expect most other people to be lying, and the public story and even holy books are just hooks to hang one's lies on. It's a place where only the stupid (or self-made shut-ins) really take integrity seriously, or at least one could say that such is the colloquial understanding.

Oh yes, everyone that thinks in terms of rules and "holy books" are just stupid, thanks. Most arbitrary rules are stupid, but God would be the ultimate authority in terms of morality and not just a subjective standard. What He designed for things to be would matter most, regardless of however corrupt things have become or whether some few humans in power make endless stupid rules designed only as excuses for harvesting ever more money for their mafias or otherwise for coercing social harmony according to their arbitrary standards of things worshipped or pretended important by the secular control freaks which rule by threats and legalistic censorship.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 11:43 am

Iamaparakeet wrote:
It's irrelevant what mere humans think of as significant or whether they think them consistent or are just unwilling to see things for how they are.

[...]

As for my ex-wife, she would still be my wife regardless of the laws of the current Caesar in power in my area. If she is actually a child abuser though, then I'm glad she left and hope she stays away. Sex is disgusting and I have no interest in other relationships regardless, but it would still be right for us to reconcile if she ever bothers to try.
Ahh ... I see ...

Do you really believe that YOUR morality is superior just because you can cherry-pick a few Bible verses to support it?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2021, 5:11 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I don't know if it's just me but it seems like there was a bifurcation around second grade (age 7-8 in the US) where I noticed that my peers left exploration and curiosity mode and went instead into the mode of power games.

I remember noticing something very similar to this when I was a little kid. I don't remember my age at the time, I think I was a bit older than 7 or 8, but I remember noticing, as I phrased it at the time, that most people seemed to feel that the main purpose of conversation was "either to butter someone up or to tear someone down," as I put it at the time, whereas I wanted conversation whose main purpose was to exchange information and ideas.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2021, 5:18 am

Iamaparakeet wrote:
Oh yes, everyone that thinks in terms of rules and "holy books" are just stupid, thanks. Most arbitrary rules are stupid, but God would be the ultimate authority in terms of morality and not just a subjective standard. What He designed for things to be would matter most, regardless of however corrupt things have become or whether some few humans in power make endless stupid rules designed only as excuses for harvesting ever more money for their mafias or otherwise for coercing social harmony according to their arbitrary standards of things worshipped or pretended important by the secular control freaks which rule by threats and legalistic censorship.

Answer the following only if you are in the mood for a theological debate. (If you're not in the mood for a debate, but you just wanted to vent about being abandoned by your wife, then that's certainly understandable.)

Anyhow, what you wrote above, "God would be the ultimate authority in terms of morality and not just a subjective standard," assumes that we can know what God wants, which assumes that there exists an infallible word of God. So then, what is your basis for believing that the Bible is the infallible word of God?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2021, 6:34 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
I remember noticing something very similar to this when I was a little kid. I don't remember my age at the time, I think I was a bit older than 7 or 8, but I remember noticing, as I phrased it at the time, that most people seemed to feel that the main purpose of conversation was "either to butter someone up or to tear someone down," as I put it at the time, whereas I wanted conversation whose main purpose was to exchange information and ideas.

I really wish I knew what 'triggers' that. It's one thing to become tough or resilient as an adult, another thing to have the world put it to you in no uncertain terms that you need to either 'corrupt' or be regarded as a kind of imbecile. If we could somehow stave that off for another two, three, even five years we might have a lot more well-formed adults make it through.

The best I can guess is this is one of those autopoietic network effects hitting anyone who has recognition of what they're seeing but for whatever it was I never saw that particular set of information in motion (I reject a purely 'genetic' ASD vs NT explanation on this because neither population is that vanilla or non-diverse). Even seeing schoolyard bullying and aggression still doesn't explain it unless the threat somehow directly couples with 'show curiosity about anything and get beaten', and I never ran into it angled quite in that context.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

RadioDog
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jun 2021, 11:00 pm

Iamaparakeet wrote:
It's just sadly funny to think how it's more probable my precious birds will be in Heaven than most of my blood relatives, my ex-wife who probably abused children and is at least a pathological liar, and so many churchians which worship money and the glorious state. I'm sure this will go over like a lead balloon on this usually antichristian forum, but I don't care, I'm just sick of everything.

Keep in mind that the Scripture speaks many times about how there has always been and will always be a larger portion of those claiming to be God/Jesus followers who are, in fact, not. In the Old Testament, for example, God again and again pulls out a remnant from among the people "following" Him. In the New Testament, for example, Jesus also warned that most of the people who claim to be His followers will, in fact, not only not be, but will be told to go away in the End, despite their protestations otherwise. There are other examples, as well.

Think also about Jesus' parable about the "Wheat and the Weeds". (Paraphrasing, of course) the farm workers go to the Farmer and say "Hey! There are a bunch of weeds in your wheat field! Do you want us to go pull them up?" and the Farmer replies, "No, because if you do that you might pull up some of the wheat, as well. Leave them together and we'll sort them in the End."

So no surprise that most "Christians" are, in fact, not. And no worries that that's the case. God is still in control, and all of it He will sort out and take care of in the End.

"Autism isn't an illness but it's a condition that messes with our ability to have our psychological needs met." - DuckHairback on this site.