Loss of a very loyal friend

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2021, 10:50 am

So in NYC, SF and Seattle, a centrist is no different than a fascist?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 12:07 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:

Then again, I would be considered a communist in the deep South and Great Plains, and Utah and Idaho.

For the records, the average home price in Houston is ~$300,000 (yes, home prices are skyrocketing here too), vs. ~$800,000 in Seattle, and over $1 mil. in the Bay Area and NYC.

The most affordable major city is Omaha. Nebraska is one of the reddest states in the country, and their governor (Pete Ricketts) is even worse than Abbott.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 12:25 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Then again, I would be considered a communist in the deep South and Great Plains, and Utah and Idaho.

For the records, the average home price in Houston is ~$300,000 (yes, home prices are skyrocketing here too), vs. ~$800,000 in Seattle, and over $1 mil. in the Bay Area and NYC.

The most affordable major city is Omaha. Nebraska is one of the reddest states in the country, and their governor (Pete Ricketts) is even worse than Abbott.

$300,000 is skyrocketing/skyrocketed? :?

That's the minimum downpayment for a rental property here considering typical prices are $1.5M and you have to have 20% down (plus closing costs).

So forgive me for thinking $300k sounds like a "skyrocketing," real estate market. $300k would be considered VERY affordable here IF you could even find a property of any type listed that cheap. Maybe a condo 2 hours out of downtown. Maybe.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 3:30 pm

Why those three cities?

Over the years, I have observed that my interests are very popular with the "artsy hipster" and "anarcho-punk" subcultures. I am not a part of either subculture, I only care about finding people with the same interests. But Seattle, SF and NYC are the three cities most synonymous with those subcultures, and thus, with people who like animated sitcoms and indie/art-house films.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2021, 4:32 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Why those three cities?

Over the years, I have observed that my interests are very popular with the "artsy hipster" and "anarcho-punk" subcultures. I am not a part of either subculture, I only care about finding people with the same interests. But Seattle, SF and NYC are the three cities most synonymous with those subcultures, and thus, with people who like animated sitcoms and indie/art-house films.

So pick one and move. There are renters in all of those cities. If lifestyle and social options are more important to you than home ownership, get moving and enjoy yourself.

Or, hell, retain ownership of your place in Texas and rent it out, then go rent somewhere else.