Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

RadioDog
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jun 2021, 11:16 pm

I work in a job that doesn't suit me because it's all I can find at this point, and I stink at it mostly because my aspieness gets totally in the way. This job requires rapid multitasking, never being able to focus, working with crap tools that don't work most of the time, and being able to ignore being ignored and put down by my "teammates" every single day when I need something from them to do a task.

Every day I scan the job boards, looking for something else I can do. But the jobs I used to do don't exist anymore, or I'm no longer "qualified" for because I don't have a college degree (even though no one had a college degree for these jobs in times past), or because I can't do physical work any longer due to medical issues - but they aren't considered "serious" enough that I can get help.

This is actually the second job like this that I've taken. The last one I finally melted down at and lost, and because I need the income I'm trying to stay at this one until I can find something else. It helps that right now I'm working from home, so when I have a meltdown no one sees. And when I cry at my desk, no one sees that either.

Any thoughts / ideas from others who've had to still earn income when it was this difficult?

"Autism isn't an illness but it's a condition that messes with our ability to have our psychological needs met." - DuckHairback on this site.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2021, 11:55 pm

RadioDog wrote:
I work in a job that doesn't suit me because it's all I can find at this point, and I stink at it mostly because my aspieness gets totally in the way. This job requires rapid multitasking, never being able to focus, working with crap tools that don't work most of the time, and being able to ignore being ignored and put down by my "teammates" every single day when I need something from them to do a task.

Every day I scan the job boards, looking for something else I can do. But the jobs I used to do don't exist anymore, or I'm no longer "qualified" for because I don't have a college degree (even though no one had a college degree for these jobs in times past), or because I can't do physical work any longer due to medical issues - but they aren't considered "serious" enough that I can get help.

This is actually the second job like this that I've taken. The last one I finally melted down at and lost, and because I need the income I'm trying to stay at this one until I can find something else. It helps that right now I'm working from home, so when I have a meltdown no one sees. And when I cry at my desk, no one sees that either.

Any thoughts / ideas from others who've had to still earn income when it was this difficult?

Maybe drive senior citizens around to their doctors appointments or do errands for them like get groceries.I think it will be a high-demand sector of the economy you could do or u could be like baby sitter or whatever.i would be self-employed if u were to do this.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2021, 10:44 pm

If she can make more money being a babysitter than at her present job, maybe I’d go for it.

Radio, do you get health benefits through your job?

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 5:35 am

Pizza delivery

Ubereats driver

Uber driver.

Telecommute data entry

Pet sitter.

House sitter

Street performer

Paper route