Worried I'll be like this forever

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2021, 11:44 am

During this time, I've tried to avoid going out at the moment than I often do, until there is data to show that two doses of vaccines protect you against the virus, I just had my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine two and half weeks ago and looking forward to the next one but I do worry that my behaviour won't change and be living like a hermit for the rest of my life which I don't want. I want to get back out into the real world again and not feel anxious about being out around other people who get too close to me even when they wear a mask and coughing and so on. I love interacting with people but the pandemic has left me anxious of human contact I don't know outside my bubble. It even gives me a sense of hope when I've seen sports events such as the Euro and Eurovision still going on even though I'm not really a sports or Eurovision fan.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Jun 2021, 12:15 pm

Here, only a rather small proportion of the population has been vaccinated as of today, but efforts being made to speed up the process. I don't worry unduly about going out - I have masks and sanitiser handy and I don't encounter people coughing or looking ill in any way. If a marathon were help tomorrow I'd enter like a shot were I fit enough as outdoor activities are pretty safe, but outdoor gatherings currently limited to 100 people and indoor gatherings to 50.

I have never allowed this virus to make me panic or cause me to be afraid to do anything so I do my daily activities, taking precautions but looking to the day I can help organise another group activity for our young adults autism group in my small city. I am already annoyed at last year's hard lockdowns as a venue we went to play indoor glow in the dark putt putt and other games, closed down. They did no one any favours with the lockdowns.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Jun 2021, 12:36 pm

Meeting people outdoors seems relatively safe.
https://www.bbc.com/news/explainers-55680305
The point is, the virus needs droplets of water/saliva to survive in the air. When wind disperses the droplets and they dry out, the viruses get destroyed.

Summer in Europe is the time when people can spend more time outdoors - eat and socialize in gardens instead of pubs or restaurants etc. So, summer is the time when Europe can experience relative normality despite the pandemics.

UK vaccination program is one of the fastest in the world. As the example of Israel shows, vaccines make the difference. You should soon be fine.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2021, 2:28 pm

I'm rather comfy holed up at home, too. We got our 2nd Pfizer jabs on the Ides of March so I was fully vaccinated by April. But it was a few weeks before my activities reflected that...and it was for functional things like eye doctors and dentists and home contractors, etc., not for pleasure.

I figure I just need to give it time. Easing back into the real world will happen, eventually, I miss fast food.

And I don't want to eat fast food in my car or have it delivered to our home. The ambience wouldn't be right. :roll: