New data shows deaths by vaccination status in England

Page 2 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2021, 9:47 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
No. It’s evidence that the vaccines are working.

AMEN!! !

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2021, 10:27 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Apologies.
I forgot which thread I was replying to.

Pax. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2021, 10:28 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

AMEN!! !

Are these "Democrat" vaccines or the product of "Warp Speed"? :scratch:

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 1:34 am

Soliloquist wrote:
This data released by Public Health England shows delta variant cases
over the period of 1st of February to the 14th of June.

The thing to remember here is that the oldest and most vulnerable were vaccinated first.

Therefore, you're comparing a vaccinated high risk group with an unvaccinated lower risk group.

And, of course, older people are statistically more likely to die than younger people anyway, Covid notwithstanding.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Jun 2021, 1:46 am

Redd_Kross wrote:
Soliloquist wrote:
This data released by Public Health England shows delta variant cases
over the period of 1st of February to the 14th of June.

The thing to remember here is that the oldest and most vulnerable were vaccinated first.

Therefore, you're comparing a vaccinated high risk group with an unvaccinated lower risk group.

And, of course, older people are statistically more likely to die than younger people anyway, Covid notwithstanding.
I was going to make exactly the same comment: old and ill people got the jabs first, young and healthy remain unvaccinated.

It's one of the clearer examples of why correlation is not causation.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 1:56 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

In that case why do the government still need to control us? The only thing they need to do is close the borders to stop variants from coming in, otherwise let us live our lives and stop threatening lockdowns upon us.

lostproperty
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 4:11 am

Joe90 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

In that case why do the government still need to control us? The only thing they need to do is close the borders to stop variants from coming in, otherwise let us live our lives and stop threatening lockdowns upon us.

I'm not playing their game anymore. I walked into the supermarket this morning with no mask on. Nobody said anything and it felt really good. It's possible that there were a few puddles of pee on the floor as I walked past the subservient, but I didn't look down, I held my head up high and marched around the aisles as if I owned the place.

To paraphrase John Lennon and Yoko Ono....
Covid is Over (If you want it).

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 4:56 am

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

AMEN!! !

No idea. All I know is, all the Anti-Vaxxer talk about the vaccines being lethal is itself lethal.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 4:59 am

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

AMEN!! !

They're 'Big Pharma' vaccines who's development and research were initially prompted by SARS and MERS.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 8:25 am

funeralxempire wrote:

They're 'Big Pharma' vaccines who's development and research were initially prompted by SARS and MERS.

Ok. So we'll agree to credit Capitalism with the creation of yet another medical treatment that saves millions of lives.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 8:40 am

This vaccine will save millions of lives.....just like other vaccines have saved millions of lives.

This doesn't lend moral credibility to the motivations of some of "Big Pharma," though.

Saving lives is saving lives. Business is business.

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 9:03 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
This doesn't lend moral credibility to the motivations of some of "Big Pharma," though.

Saving lives is saving lives. Business is business.

Capitalism isn't always pretty but it creates wealth and innovations that save lives on a scale that no other system can.

The big gap in the modern world is when a specific disease/issue only impacts poor areas of the world and there is not enough of a profit incentive for corporations to use their resources to come up with a solution.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 9:13 am

Unfortunately, that's probably true.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 9:14 am

Daddy63 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Ok. So we'll agree to credit Capitalism with the creation of yet another medical treatment that saves millions of lives.

If one was an ideologue who loves oversimplifications than one might reach that conclusion.

Companies and universities operating in partnerships with substantial government subsidies aren't exactly the best champions for pure capitalism though, although it is typical of capitalist ideologues to ignore how a private enterprise benefits from the society that it's a part of and only focus on what it provides.

Let's not fall into pretending that a mixed economy only provides proof of the benefits of capitalism, if it's succeeding than it's showing the benefits of ignoring more pure capitalist models for a mixed economy.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 9:27 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

If one was an ideologue who loves oversimplifications than one might reach that conclusion.

Companies and universities operating in partnerships with substantial government subsidies aren't exactly the best champions for pure capitalism though, although it is typical of capitalist ideologues to ignore how a private enterprise benefits from the society that it's a part of and only focus on what it provides.

Let's not fall into pretending that a mixed economy only provides proof of the benefits of capitalism, if it's succeeding than it's showing the benefits of ignoring more pure capitalist models for a mixed economy.

It's reality, not an ideology or oversimplification.

Pure capitalism would provide more benefits than a mixed economy, not less. It would however tend to ignore or exploit those nations who reject pure capitalism in favor of an inferior model.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 9:36 am

Daddy63 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

It's reality, not an ideology or oversimplification.

Pure capitalism would provide more benefits than a mixed economy, not less. It would however tend to ignore or exploit those nations who reject pure capitalism in favor of an inferior model.

If that were true there would have been an extended attempt to implement it somewhere and they'd currently be enjoying the fruits of their labour. The fact that it hasn't suggests that it's probably not true. You sound as devoted to ideology over reality as any good little Leninist.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う