So just for fun I took the CAT-Q test, and I'm disgusted

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2021, 12:33 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
My score from last year:
My total was 137, compensation was 47, masking was 47, and assimilation was 43.

I try to mask a lot, or at least used to.

I retook the test:

CAT-Q: 156
Compensation: 57
Masking: 47
Assimilation: 52

Two of my scores were higher than last time, and all of them were higher than autistic and NT men, women, and nonbinary people.

Peter Crawford
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jul 2021, 8:45 am

I tried :

CAT-Q : 116
Compensation : 38
Masking : 35
Assimilation : 43

Well I often choosed mild assesment as answers. I feel like I'm in the middle of the road on most items.

I try not to shock people in social situations, without hoping to "nail" my social interactions so I guess I just make sort of do most of the time.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Jul 2021, 4:16 am

I never heard of this quiz before so I took it :arrow:

CAT-Q:

Compensation:

Masking:

Assimilation:

I'm not entirely sure what these results mean. I'm very much aloof in social situations. I try to sound friendly when interacting with others but that's pretty much it. I almost never notice things like body language & facial expressions but I have a rare low vision disorder & my brain can have problems processing things I do see & I probably have that face blindness disorder. I don't learn social interaction from watching or listening to others like NTs do it. My brain just does not process that. I may as well be listening to people talk in Chinese or watching people do trigonometry problems. I can watch & listen but it is way over my head & my extremely slow mental processing speed as well as my ADD causes me to quickly tune out & be bored. I actually did not even know that eye contact was important to NTs until I joined this forum in my mid 20s. I thought eye contact was something that was mostly done when trying to lie or to determine if someone is lying.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

sport
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Jul 2021, 1:00 pm

I took the test my scores were cat 146 compensation 52 masking 43 assimilation 51.What all dose this mean?