Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 4:56 pm

Dial1194 wrote:
Telling people everything they were doing wrong and having them have to fix it. :)

An auditor or tester then?

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 5:00 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Cloudman wrote:
Your dream career?

My dream career would be biblical mega church of Christ preacher/cybervangelist, televangelist/elder/ and head of my own intentional church of Christ community and at my own church.

Wow, that's awsome my grandparents always watch those guys on tv. Why do you want this career? you will be seen by so many people judged also.

Thanks.I have just always wanted to start a church.

I was super religious when I was a teenager. It was my special interest. I'll give you some advice my English teacher gave me:

Quote:
Do it for God, don't do it for yourself.

browneyedgirlslowingdown
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Jul 2021, 10:30 pm

magazine editor
book editor
english teacher

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 50 of 200
You are very likely on the broader autism cluster (Aspie)
Systemising Quotient (SQ) 78
Empathy Quotient (EQ) 41
CAT-Q 156 Compensation 56 Masking 48 Assimilation 52

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 10:48 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
My ultimate job would be the world's biggest central bank owner.

Did you really mean "central bank owner" or something else? Or are you just joking here?

A "central bank," by definition, is owned either by a national government or by a government-sponsored association of private banks. It cannot be owned by an individual person (unless the government is an absolute monarchy and you are king).

rabo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Jul 2021, 11:07 am

Well, my job is my dream job. (design/ programming as a freelancer) I just would like to have somebody who does the communication with the clients. That part takes 90% of my capacity. :(

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2021, 3:32 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
My ultimate job would be the world's biggest central bank owner.

Did you really mean "central bank owner" or something else? Or are you just joking here?

A "central bank," by definition, is owned either by a national government or by a government-sponsored association of private banks. It cannot be owned by an individual person (unless the government is an absolute monarchy and you are king).

well in that case my dream job would be a diversified financier/banker and corporate raider/greenmailer

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 2:23 am

rabo wrote:
Well, my job is my dream job. (design/ programming as a freelancer) I just would like to have somebody who does the communication with the clients. That part takes 90% of my capacity. :(

I had the same problem when I freelanced. It burned me out, and it is a large part of the reason why I don't have a dream job: dealing with human beings in almost any work capacity is not so much a dream as a nightmare.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 3:28 am

the job that i had before i was laid off in 2006, a billing coder in the army hospital i was employed in. absent that, being able to do my digital audio restoration for a living.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 3:33 am

Cloudman wrote:
Your dream career?

For me it is theoretical physics.

Unlike others, I don't view "dream job" as bonus. I view it as something I *have* to do. To the point that I won't take any job other than the dream job since said other job would compromise my time in making the dream come true. Thats why I went back to school (where I can get paid as a TA) just to avoid getting any other job.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 3:40 am

OK, my dream job is working somewhere sorting through toys and books and things that people donate and the ones in good condition get sent around the world. Just working in a small, cosy room, by a window looking down on to the street, with a couple of other people that you get on well with and have a laugh each day as you sort through the stuff together.

I don't know if such a job exists, and if it does it's probably voluntary (non-paying).

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 3:49 am

Travel writer

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

StrayCat81
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Aug 2021, 3:50 am

Professional executioner/hangman. I've heard people avoided you exactly because of your profession, perrrfect. Not to mention plenty of occasions for some dark humor.

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I have just always wanted to start a church.

You might need my services then. Nothing spreads Gods Love better than some hot iron! And I offer group discounts! :3

Joe90 wrote:
OK, my dream job is working somewhere sorting through toys and books and things that people donate and the ones in good condition get sent around the world.

Wait, you said you like gory things, and I will definitely need help with sorting through stuff of those who, umm, won't need it anymore. We should work together! :3

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 4:29 am

I'd like to be a novelist, and I am working towards it along with my day job. I wouldn't even need to be the next Stephen King (not that I'd mind that, either); it'd be enough if I could make a decent living for myself and a possible family so that I wouldn't have to have another job along with it.

hurtloam wrote:
Illustrator of books. I wish I had gone to Art College and done that, but I never believed I would be good enough to make a living at it so it seemed a waste of a degree.

In an ideal world, you and I could've been business partners. :D

Quote:

Could you afford to hire someone to do that for you?

Quote:
OK, my dream job is working somewhere sorting through toys and books and things that people donate and the ones in good condition get sent around the world. Just working in a small, cosy room, by a window looking down on to the street, with a couple of other people that you get on well with and have a laugh each day as you sort through the stuff together.

I don't know if such a job exists, and if it does it's probably voluntary (non-paying).

The closest thing to that I can think of would be working in some kind of recycling center. The stuff wouldn't get sent around the world, but it could tick the other boxes.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2021, 9:01 am

Think tank

But no matter how many job skills I get someone with a better personality will always get the job

(Limiting reagent)

That is not discrimination. That is "survival of the fittest"

theidealist
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Aug 2021, 11:09 am

Psychiatrist/radiologist

EQ - 22.3
INTJ 1w9

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran