Charges against Israeli cop - Killing Autistic Palestinian

Page 1 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 7:32 am

Israeli Cop Charged with Reckless Homicide over Killing of Autistic Palestinian Man

Quote:
Israeli border police officer has been charged with reckless homicide following the murder of Iyad Al-Hallaq, an autistic Palestinian resident of East Jerusalem.

The 20-year-year-old Border Police officer had charges filed by the police misconduct investigation unit today and faces up to 12 years in prison.

Al-Hallaq was a 32-year-old resident of the neighborhood Wadi Joz in occupied East Jerusalem. Diagnosed at a young age, he had low-functioning autism and the mind of an eight-year-old child. After hearing Israeli officers yelling and running away in panic, Al-Hallaq was shot in the chest twice on the way to a special needs school in the Old City on May 30, 2020.

Following the shooting, the Border Police issued a statement claiming that two officers believed Al-Hallaq was carrying a gun and chased him, shooting him dead in a garbage room only meters away from the special needs school which he attended. Al-Hallaq’s caregiver, Warda Abu Hadid, who was at the scene during his murder, recalled shouting: “He is disabled, he is disabled!” in Hebrew at the police.

At the time of his death, Israeli officers present claimed he was a terrorist because he was wearing gloves, and an investigation was opened into the case.

According to Haaretz, a statement released last October from the Justice Ministry unit that investigated the case stated: “The deceased posed no danger to police and civilians in the area,” and that the officer who murdered him was not following orders but shot him of his own accord.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 8:11 am

I guess thats what they call "intersectionality".

One issue combined with another.

A tragedy at the corner Arab-Israeli street, and NT-ASD street.

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 9:22 am

It's good and telling that the Israeli justice system is bringing charges and will deal with this regardless of the "intersectionalities" of the victim and criminal.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 10:56 am

It's a shame he was murdered but at least it sounds like it will be taken seriously.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

salad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 4:09 pm

Israel is a terrorist state. f**k Israel and f**k every bastard who supports such a terrorist state.

RIP To Al-Hallaq. Life tragically ended by a pariah state that never should have came into existence.

I will be fair to Israel though. As much as I hate that rogue state with a burning passion I do at least appreciate the soldier getting some punishment, even if it's nothing more than a form of tokenism to placate our anger, when here in America thousands of police do the same thing to other American citizens and nothing happens.

So what that means is:

European police>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>IDF soldiers>>American police

Master Oogway

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 4:29 pm

salad wrote:
Israel is a terrorist state. f**k Israel and f**k every bastard who supports such a terrorist state.

RIP To Al-Hallaq. Life tragically ended by a pariah state that never should have came into existence.

I will be fair to Israel though. As much as I hate that rogue state with a burning passion I do at least appreciate the soldier getting some punishment, even if it's nothing more than a form of tokenism to placate our anger, when here in America thousands of police do the same thing to other American citizens and nothing happens.

So what that means is:

It's better respect and treatment than any Jew would ever receive anywhere outside of Israel in the Middle East if there were actually any Jews left in the Middle East or North Africa. The genocide/ethnic cleansing waged against Jews outside Israel is sadly nearly complete. The last synagogues were burnt to the ground decades ago and nearly all Jews killed or forced out.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 4:35 pm

Daddy63 wrote:
salad wrote:

So what that means is:

It's better respect and treatment than any Jew would ever receive anywhere outside of Israel in the Middle East if there were actually any Jews left in the Middle East or North Africa. The genocide/ethnic cleansing waged against Jews outside Israel is sadly nearly complete. The last synagogues were burnt to the ground decades ago and nearly all Jews killed or forced out.

If it makes you feel better I hate the governments of most Middle Eastern countries and also think they're terrorist states. Especially Saudi Arabia. Just because I hate Israel doesn't mean I dont condemn the atrocities of the other Arab nations.

Master Oogway

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 7:56 pm

salad wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
salad wrote:

So what that means is:

If it makes you feel better I hate the governments of most Middle Eastern countries and also think they're terrorist states. Especially Saudi Arabia. Just because I hate Israel doesn't mean I dont condemn the atrocities of the other Arab nations.

No matter what you think of them, there wouldn't be a single Jew left in the Middle East were it not for the IDF.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 12:07 am

Daddy63 wrote:
salad wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
salad wrote:

So what that means is:

No matter what you think of them, there wouldn't be a single Jew left in the Middle East were it not for the IDF.

Thats actual BS. Literal BS you pulled out of your ass. For almost a thousand years Jews lived in the Middle East relatively harmoniously, in some cases discriminated against but never as bad as they were treated in Western Christian countries, so to posit such an absurd and unsubstantiated contention without any evidence based on your own myopic perceptions of the Middle East is actually ludicrous. You do understand the Jews were expelled from Arab countries AFTER the Jews ethnically cleansed Palestine of its indigenous inhabitants as retaliation, not the other way around??

Master Oogway

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 6:22 am

salad wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
salad wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
salad wrote:

So what that means is:

Thats actual BS. Literal BS you pulled out of your ass. For almost a thousand years Jews lived in the Middle East relatively harmoniously, in some cases discriminated against but never as bad as they were treated in Western Christian countries, so to posit such an absurd and unsubstantiated contention without any evidence based on your own myopic perceptions of the Middle East is actually ludicrous. You do understand the Jews were expelled from Arab countries AFTER the Jews ethnically cleansed Palestine of its indigenous inhabitants as retaliation, not the other way around??

There are virtually no Jews left in the Middle East outside of Israel. They have been systematically cleansed. That's not made up.

You seem to be saying that Anti-Zionism justifies genocide and ethnic cleansing of Jews.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 6:26 am

Daddy63 wrote:
salad wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
salad wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
salad wrote:

So what that means is:

There are virtually no Jews left in the Middle East outside of Israel. They have been systematically cleansed. That's not made up.

You seem to be saying that Anti-Zionism justifies genocide and ethnic cleansing of Jews.

It looks more like he's saying that anti-Jewish ethnic cleansing didn't occur until after the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians began.
It's not a justification, just a fact.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 6:42 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
salad wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
salad wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
salad wrote:

So what that means is:

It looks more like he's saying that anti-Jewish ethnic cleansing didn't occur until after the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians began.

Fine. Then Anti-Zionism is straightforward Anti-Semitism and no justification is needed. It's just hate. Got it.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 6:55 am

Daddy63 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
salad wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
salad wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
salad wrote:

So what that means is:

Fine. Then Anti-Zionism is straightforward Anti-Semitism and no justification is needed. It's just hate. Got it.

With that sort of simple logic Zionism = supporting genocide of the Palestinian people.

Of course both of those positions would be oversimplifications of the reality, at least for those who actually care about understanding nuance.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 7:04 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
salad wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
salad wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
salad wrote:

So what that means is:

With that sort of simple logic Zionism = supporting genocide of the Palestinian people.

Of course both of those positions would be oversimplifications of the reality, at least for those who actually care about understanding nuance.

If there were no Palestinians left in Israel as there are no Jews left in the Middle East, that simple logic would seem to be equally correct.

I agree it is an oversimplification but the reality is there are no Jews left in the Middle East outside Israel. And if Anti-Zionism is the rationale, it seems clear Anti-Zionism is being used as a justification for ethnic cleansing of Jews.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 7:20 am

Daddy63 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
salad wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
salad wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
salad wrote:

So what that means is:

If there were no Palestinians left in Israel as there are no Jews left in the Middle East, that simple logic would seem to be equally correct.

I agree it is an oversimplification but the reality is there are no Jews left in the Middle East outside Israel. And if Anti-Zionism is the rationale, it seems clear Anti-Zionism is being used as a justification for ethnic cleansing of Jews.

Two groups of people are making claims to the same portion of land, it's not agreeable but it's not surprising that members of both communities and supporters of both are likely to include people who refuse to compromise so it's almost inevitable that within both factions people who might condone ethnic cleansing exist.

I don't believe the creation of Israel justified pogroms aimed at Middle Eastern Jews, I'd argue that that behaviour ended up harming sympathy for the Palestinian people while contributing nothing to their cause.

I also don't believe that European antisemitism is a justification for driving the Palestinian people from their homelands just because the Jewish people once lived there. Among things it sets a questionable legal precedent, if the Jewish people are entitled to use terrorism to retake a homeland they've largely been unable to control for over a millennium, why can't other people? The UN made a mistake by condoning the terrorism that established Israel but that issue can't really be revisited.

What can be done is to have the international community start to value Palestinian civilian lives as much as Israeli civilian lives and start to impose actual penalties on Israel for human rights abuses just like would be done with other regimes.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 7:34 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Two groups of people are making claims to the same portion of land, it's not agreeable but it's not surprising that members of both communities and supporters of both are likely to include people who refuse to compromise so it's almost inevitable that within both factions people who might condone ethnic cleansing exist.

I don't believe the creation of Israel justified pogroms aimed at Middle Eastern Jews, I'd argue that that behaviour ended up harming sympathy for the Palestinian people while contributing nothing to their cause.

I also don't believe that European antisemitism is a justification for driving the Palestinian people from their homelands just because the Jewish people once lived there. Among things it sets a questionable legal precedent, if the Jewish people are entitled to use terrorism to retake a homeland they've largely been unable to control for over a millennium, why can't other people? The UN made a mistake by condoning the terrorism that established Israel but that issue can't really be revisited.

What can be done is to have the international community start to value Palestinian civilian lives as much as Israeli civilian lives and start to impose actual penalties on Israel for human rights abuses just like would be done with other regimes.

Jews face ethnic cleansing in the Middle East. The truth is it is nearly complete and outside of Israel there are no Jews left. From Cairo to Karachi, synagogues have been burnt to the ground and all Jews killed or force out. Jews protecting themselves in the only place left in the Middle East were they survive today isn't "terrorism." The UN used to "condone" Jews defending themselves with lethal force in the face of genocide. Today many "condone" the genocide against Jews and justify it by calling the Jews "terrorists."