salad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 8:02 pm

Daddy63 wrote:
salad wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
salad wrote:

Not really. That's what war looks like when a global colonial power vacates it position of authority over a region.

I encourage you to make more comments like that because the Palestinian instagram group I'm on is having a field day laughing at these comments.

I just stick to history and skip the propaganda. The British vacated in 1948 and Israel declared independence. The surrounding Arab nations immediately invaded Israel and the war began as did the Nakba as people were displaced. War is hell. Lots of people were killed.

The genocide waged against Jewish people in the Middle East continuous today. I do believe there can be peace when that genocide finally ends.

I get it that many don't want to know the truth but maybe some will. Please repost to your instagram group.

LMAO!! !

Master Oogway

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 8:07 pm

Daddy63 wrote:
The British vacated in 1948 and Israel declared independence. The surrounding Arab nations immediately invaded Israel and the war began as did the Nakba as people were displaced. War is hell. Lots of people were killed..

To be fair the Palestinian people were manipulated and used as political footballs by evil individuals claiming to represent their interests like the grand mufti of Jerusalem, PLO and HAMAS. The Arab states that attempted to invade Israel in 1948, 1967 etc have no interest in the welfare of Palestinians. I briefly visited Kuwait prior the gulf war and Palestinians were treated like sub-humans by the Kuwaitis. It never surprised me that they gleefully collaborated with Saddam Hussein.

Palestinians have never been given citizenship in Jordan or Egypt either. These people aren't their brothers.

Last edited by cyberdad on 21 Jun 2021, 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 8:07 pm

salad wrote:

LMAO!! !

War isn't funny and neither is ignorance. The underlying cause of war is often ignorance.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 8:28 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
The British vacated in 1948 and Israel declared independence. The surrounding Arab nations immediately invaded Israel and the war began as did the Nakba as people were displaced. War is hell. Lots of people were killed..

To be fair the Palestinian people were manipulated and used as political footballs by evil individuals claiming to represent their interests like the grand mufti of Jerusalem, PLO and HAMAS. The Arab states that attempted to invade Israel in 1948, 1967 etc have no interest in the welfare of Palestinians. I briefly visited Kuwait prior the gulf war and Palestinians were treated like sub-humans by the Kuwaitis. It never surprised me that they gleefully collaborated with Saddam Hussein.

Palestinians have never been given citizenship in Jordan or Egypt either. These people aren't their brothers.

The Arabs never invaded Israel, not in 1948 nor in 1967. In 1948 Israeli paramilitary units like the Irgun, Palmach, Hagannah and Sterngun were conducting massacres and ethnic cleansing operations on Palestinian villages before May 15, 1948. For example the infamous Deir Yassin Massacre where Israeli paramilitary units wiped out the peaceful and neutral Arab village of Deir Yassin and even used methods of torture and rape to depopulate the village happened before so called Israeli Independence on May 15, 1948, as Deir Yassin happened in April.

After a number of massacres on Arab villages happened against the Palestinians by Jewish paramilitary units that's when the Palestinians called for help from the other Arab nations for back up. The Arab armies that were summoned to aid the Palestinians never advanced beyond the 1948 borders, which by the way were themselves illegal and illegitimate since a foreign government has no authority to carve up the borders of another nation, so to say the Arabs invaded Israel was completely disingenuous.

In 1967 Israel launched a surprise attack on Egypt even as there were peace talks about to be brokered between both nations by America.

Master Oogway

salad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 8:30 pm

Daddy63 wrote:
salad wrote:

LMAO!! !

War isn't funny and neither is ignorance. The underlying cause of war is often ignorance.

War isnt funny but your attempt at rewriting history is. Everything you wrote above has already been debunked above by actual scholars and esteemed historians, most notably Illan Pape in his book "The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine"

Master Oogway

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 8:33 pm

cyberdad wrote:

Wouldn't doing so help cement the erasure of the Palestinian people because it would allow Israel to argue that the refugees have a state besides Palestine?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 8:41 pm

salad wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
salad wrote:

LMAO!! !

War isnt funny but your attempt at rewriting history is. Everything you wrote above has already been debunked above by actual scholars and esteemed historians, most notably Illan Pape in his book "The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine"

Propaganda artists don't write history books.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 8:48 pm

Daddy63 wrote:
salad wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
salad wrote:

LMAO!! !

Propaganda artists don't write history books.

I now have a new instagram story post. Congratulations!!

If you keep this up you might be famous, only for the wrong reasons :D

Master Oogway

salad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 9:39 pm

I'm going to have to put this charade on hold due to a family emergency.

In the meantime if you want to learn more about what's happening in Palestine from the Palestinian side that never gets told, here is this link:

https://decolonizepalestine.com/

Master Oogway

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 9:42 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Wouldn't doing so help cement the erasure of the Palestinian people because it would allow Israel to argue that the refugees have a state besides Palestine?

Jordan and Egypt didn't give them citizenship even when they invaded and controlled parts of Israel/Palestine. In the famous Sheikh Jarrah dispute, the Jordanians invaded East Jerusalem driving Jews out and resettled Palestinians in homes when they were displaced from other areas of Israel. The Jordanians never gave them property ownership or citizenship but forced them to pay rent to the Jordanian government. Year later Israel controls the land and now the previous landowners want rent or the property back. It's a mess with both sides are making understandable claims.

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 9:47 pm

salad wrote:
I'm going to have to put this charade on hold due to a family emergency.

In the meantime if you want to learn more about what's happening in Palestine from the Palestinian side that never gets told, here is this link:

https://decolonizepalestine.com/

Thanks. I hope everything is fine with your family.

decolonizepalestine.com? Seriously? You can't really believe an unbiased person is going to read something from a site with that name and believe it's anything but propaganda.

Why not go with history from unbiased sources?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 10:05 pm

roronoa79 wrote:
The Israeli right-wing allies with other right-wingers abroad because geopolitics are more important to the Israeli right than the safety of Jews outside Israel.

Israel knows that anti-semitic violence abroad ultimately benefits the Israeli state. It means more Jews will be forced to flee to Israel. This benefits the Israeli right by giving them more settlers to displace Palestinians and reduce their percentage of the vote.

In addition to aliyah, there's also getting more US aid money and jewish money sent to the Jewsh homeland to pay for all their military.

Let's not also forget the Isreali's cosy relationship with the apartheid regime in old South Africa or supplying weapons and intelligence to assist in the genocide of tamils in Sri Lanka.

But Israel is virtually a mini-United States. The US has been allying itself with ruthless dictators for the purpose of geopolitical advantage since the 19th century.

That is seems to be convention. Like the US, Israel has many enemies so they see the need to act accordingly. Unlike the US their enemies are within a stone's throw of Jewish civilians so they the sense of urgency and types of alliances takes on a different dimension.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 11:45 pm

Daddy63 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Jordan and Egypt didn't give them citizenship even when they invaded and controlled parts of Israel/Palestine. In the famous Sheikh Jarrah dispute, the Jordanians invaded East Jerusalem driving Jews out and resettled Palestinians in homes when they were displaced from other areas of Israel. The Jordanians never gave them property ownership or citizenship but forced them to pay rent to the Jordanian government. Year later Israel controls the land and now the previous landowners want rent or the property back. It's a mess with both sides are making understandable claims.

That last bolded part summarizes the whole situation well. Kicking the Palestinians out of their homeland due to an older claim would be like kicking Americans and Canadians off of Six Nations territory in Ontario and New York. They've lived there for generations and have perfectly credible claims to feel like that's their homeland.

Unfortunately for the Palestinians no one has their side anymore except for people who try to draw attention to how asymmetrical the conflict is and that Israel has obligations due to being an occupying power that they consistently fail to meet. The international community repeatedly condemns how Israel acts but never actually does anything more than say 'bad nation-state, no, you respect international law' which obviously does nothing to curb the behaviour.

The actions of Hamas are desperate and criminal and ought to be addressed in that manner but instead dealing with it as a military conflict allows for 'cutting the grass' as a policy, which is effectively limited ethnic cleansing with the idea of keeping the conflict never fully resolved but never able to become an actual threat.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 1:19 am

funeralxempire wrote:
The actions of Hamas are desperate and criminal and ought to be addressed in that manner but instead dealing with it as a military conflict allows for 'cutting the grass' as a policy, which is effectively limited ethnic cleansing with the idea of keeping the conflict never fully resolved but never able to become an actual threat.

I often wonder if the perpetuation of this conflict is beneficial to the US and Israeli military industrial complex

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2023, 11:00 am

Israeli officer who killed unarmed autistic Palestinian 'was promoted'

Quote:
An Israeli police officer who shot dead Iyad al-Halak, a Palestinian with autism, in occupied East Jerusalem in May 2020, was promoted this week despite facing a court case over the killing, it has emerged.

The officer, who belongs to the border police and whose name is under a gag order, shot Halak, 32, claiming he suspected the Palestinian of carrying a weapon. However Halak was unarmed, with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu prompted to apologise to his family in a rare move by an Israeli official.

On Monday, Israeli media reported that the police officer who killed Halak was promoted and recently made an operation sergeant in a base for Israel Border Police in Tel Aviv metropolitan area.

The police officer is currently facing a case at the Jerusalem district court on charges of recklessly killing Halak, and could face up to 12 years in prison if convicted.

Itamar Ben-Gvir, the Jewish supremacist MP recently appointed national security minister, who oversees the police and border police, has also previously expressed his support for the officer.

This has everything to do with the new right-wing nationalist government

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2023, 12:05 pm

Officer on trial for slaying Palestinian with autism: ‘I feared a killing spree’

Quote:
The police officer who shot dead Iyad Halak, a Palestinian with autism, in May 2020 testified in a Jerusalem court on Tuesday during his trial that he thought the victim was going to carry out “a killing spree.”

The 21-year-old border guard is accused of reckless manslaughter. He has not been publicly named and attended the Jerusalem District Court with a mask on to protect his identity.

Halak, 32, was shot and killed while heading to a special education school. After a policeman mistook a phone in his hands for a gun in the tense and charged Old City, two officers chased him through the streets. They cornered him in a garbage room and an officer fired twice, killing Halak. Prosecutors say the second shot was fired as Halak lay helpless on the floor and posed no danger.

According to the indictment filed against the officer, after shooting Halak in the lower abdomen officers asked the injured Halak about a gun they believed he may have been carrying.

Halak “got up slightly, pointed at the woman he knew and murmured something,” the indictment said.

The officers then directed the question at the caretaker. “What gun?” she replied.

While this exchange was taking place, the same police officer allegedly shot and killed Halak without any apparent justification, prosecutors said.

On Tuesday the accused officer recounted the day’s events.

“We had a briefing at 5 a.m. where we were given warnings and alerts. It was during Ramadan and we were on high alert. They told us that danger could come from unexpected places.”

The officer said as he stood with his commander near Jerusalem’s Old City, he heard calls on his radio of “terrorist!” followed by two police officers yelling nearby.

“I was sure there was going to be a killing spree. A terrorist, from my perspective, means a killing spree — he is killing people now and any second [another] person could be killed,” he said.

Beginning their pursuit of the Palestinian man, the accused said “we understood that there was a terrorist. The commander yelled at him to stop, but [Halak] didn’t listen. At that point, my commander fired and I heard a woman screaming.”

Claiming he thought the screaming woman’s life was in danger, the suspect chased Halak into a garbage room, where he shot him. Seeing Halak move, he fired again, he told the court.

“These were a few seconds that felt like an eternity. It’s such a quick event, I didn’t have time to break it all down. I wanted to save that woman,” he recounted.

In the courtroom, the accused told the prosecution that because the officers were running at high speed, they were unable to see whether Halek was carrying a weapon.

The officer said: “When they told me that he had special needs I was in shock. In real-time what I knew was that it was a terrorist. During the interrogation I was confused and under pressure — [the investigators] gave me the feeling that I was a criminal.”

The officer, if convicted, faces up to 12 years in prison.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman