Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 8:04 am

Trump either escapes indictment or is acquitted. Republicans win mid terms. Trump wins nomination but loses in general election. Congress refuses to certify election.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 8:18 am

Rule by Care Bears

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 11:35 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Trump either escapes indictment or is acquitted. Republicans win mid terms. Trump wins nomination but loses in general election. Congress refuses to certify election.

Yep, there's reason to fear this could happen, alas.

See Mike Pence booed, called traitor at conservative Christian conference by Rick Rouan, USA Today, June 18, 2021.

Looks like today's Republican "conservatives" don't care about the Constitution. All they care about is power.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 11:47 am

Well, *my* nightmare political scenario is a new Cold War between the US and China which triggers a new nuclear arms race and derails the fight against climate change.

And this unfortunately appears to be the trajectory the world is on right now, irrespective of the current partisan scuffles in the US.

US domestic politics seem rather bland and petty by comparison.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 12:11 pm

Either sociopolitical genocide or being pit against a billionaire on a social or political issue that affects my livelihood vs a corporation's profits and one member of congress is the deciding factor on the issue. If he or she sides with the billionaire, I lose everything and the congressperson just happened to receive a campaign donation from the billionaire last election so I'm screwed.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 12:45 pm

We keep playing the lesser of two evils game until there is no return trajectory. (We have probably already reached that point.)

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 12:53 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
We keep playing the lesser of two evils game until there is no return trajectory. (We have probably already reached that point.)

You keep denouncing the "lesser of two evils game." What do you think we should do?

(Since detailed discussion of your political views, and your recommended strategy for attaining same, would probably be off-topic in this thread, could you please start a new thread answering the above question, if you feel inclined to answer it?)

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 1:04 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

You keep denouncing the "lesser of two evils game." What do you think we should

Stop playing the game. Isn't that obvious?

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 1:05 pm

Rotten Tom Cotton 2024.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 2:12 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Stop playing the game. Isn't that obvious?

What, if anything, should we do instead of "playing the game"?

Do you think we should do nothing? Do you think we should all just stop voting, at all? If so, what do you think that will accomplish, and how?

If that's NOT what you are advocating, then what do you think we should do? Not just, what should we stop doing, but what should we do instead?

EDIT: I just now saw your answer in a separate thread and replied here.

Last edited by Mona Pereth on 19 Jun 2021, 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 3:02 pm

GGPViper wrote:
Well, *my* nightmare political scenario is a new Cold War between the US and China which triggers a new nuclear arms race and derails the fight against climate change.

And this unfortunately appears to be the trajectory the world is on right now, irrespective of the current partisan scuffles in the US.

The Taiwan Temptation Why Beijing Might Resort to Force

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 4:38 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
GGPViper wrote:

The Taiwan Temptation Why Beijing Might Resort to Force

Well, to make matters even worse.... Both South Korea and Japan have US military bases on their soil, so they could *also* get dragged into a war with China by default if the US uses these bases to fend off a Chinese invasion of Taiwan.

And for Japan, the *ultimate* nightmare political scenario would be a war with China... hell hath no fury like a score to settle from 1937.

WhatTheHey
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jun 2021, 11:07 pm

Worst nightmare: We continue on the path we're traveling. Both "sides" continue to insist they are the only one's using their brains, when in fact both are simply spouting their own version of the propaganda and neither would recognize real science if it landed on Pluto. All the real ills of the world that could actually be solved in a month if they were acted on continue to be ignored, while lesser- and pseudo-ills command more and more of both "sides" attention. This spirals down and down until there's nothing left but billions dead / starving / gulag'ed, and a few sociopaths of any "side" at the top.

Best response: This all happens, just as was predicted, and then Jesus shows up, takes away those who throughout all of this continued to choose "Team Good", and then wipes the earth of all those who insisted on only belonging to "Team Evil". Then God wipes away death and suffering and oppression and hunger and all the rest along with every tear we've ever shed, and we live with God and Team Good for the rest of eternity, in God's modern remake of Eden.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2021, 11:09 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Rotten Tom Cotton 2024.

Cotton/Hawley or Cotton/Gohmert to be specific.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!