Guys, Help! I am curious. Is this autism?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Mitko
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jun 2021, 8:39 am

My whole life I have been introverted. I don't like to go out with friends and I go out alone. When I was a child I played with children from times to times but playing alone felt better. I was bullied at school, being hit, harassed because my personality was different and I did not socialize like most people. I have always had difficulty communicating with people - not knowing what to say, how to say something or talking too much about certain topic and off course shyness. Shyness when I have to talk to people I don't know. For example - When in fifth grade I moved to a new school I did not talk because I did not know anyone. Everybody was new to me. But the other children instead of helping me socialize they started to make fun of me, bully me and hit me.

I am glad that it did not happen in high school. There not from the beginning, but I managed to socialize. I made friends with people from my class and from other classes. However some of the friends I made turned out to be false friends. 2 years After high school my best friend stopped replying to my texts. I don't know why. I felt this like a real betrayal.

I am still friend with some people from my class and outside but I don't want to go out with them because I feel like I don't want to. I went out with a classmate 2 months ago, but not any sooner.

I have multiple interest - Economy , Politics, Music, Science. Of course I love reading studies about those topics.

I've never had a love life. I have never kissed a girl, I have never dated and I have never had sex. That's another topic. It just never happened. I can't find a girl. I can't find a love for me. And I am nearly 22.

I like to talk more about scientific topic instead about things of simple daily life.

I make facial expressions accidentally like smiling.

Do I have autism? If so, Where I fall within the autism spectrum?

Steve B
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jun 2021, 8:53 am

Hi Mitko, I don't think anyone here will give your diagnosis based on your brief description of your experiences. But a few of the things you mentioned are things that autistic people commonly experience. A good place to start would be to do the The Autism-Spectrum Quotient (AQ) Test. It can be done online (I've put a link below). Of course an online test that takes 10 mins to fill out isn't a diagnosis, but at least the AQ results will give you an idea of how many autistic traits you have and if it is worth while investigating things further.

The Autism-Spectrum Quotient Test - ONLINE

Mitko
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jun 2021, 9:03 am

Steve B wrote:
Hi Mitko, I don't think anyone here will give your diagnosis based on your brief description of your experiences. But a few of the things you mentioned are things that autistic people commonly experience. A good place to start would be to do the The Autism-Spectrum Quotient (AQ) Test. It can be done online (I've put a link below). Of course an online test that takes 10 mins to fill out isn't a diagnosis, but at least the AQ results will give you an idea of how many autistic traits you have and if it is worth while investigating things further.

I scored 33/50. I forgot to mention that like to stare at cars license plates.

Steve B
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jun 2021, 9:21 am

Mitko wrote:
Steve B wrote:

I scored 33/50. I forgot to mention that like to stare at cars license plates.

A score of 33 indicates that you reported many more autistic traits than the neurotypical norm group and more like the autistic norm group used to validate the test. Are you interested in exploring a professional opinion?