Meeting People Online Vs Meeting People In Person

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

In your opinion, is meeting people to date online or offline better?
I'm a man and online 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
I'm a man and offline 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
I'm a woman and online 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
I'm a woman and offline 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Just show me the results. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2021, 2:46 pm

Meeting people online or meeting people in person, which is better? Well that depends. Below are several of my observations from both methods.

Meeting People In Real Life.

There are several advantages to meeting people to potentially date in person. If you choose to go the meet people through hobbies method, then you can find people who likely share the same hobbies and/or values that you possess. Meeting people face to face also allows you to show your personality a little easier compared to online dating which appears to be primarily focused on physical appearance.

However, there are several disadvantages of trying to meet people in person. For one thing, you are limited to a smaller pool of potential dating partners. For instance, if you're at a drawing club, there may only be 4 women in the club, and there's no guarantee that all of them are going to be single and be interested in dating you. In fact, if a woman is decently attractive, the odds are high that she's already taken. Another disadvantage of trying to find people to date in person is that not everyone has time to join several groups/clubs, especially if they're working full time and have other priorities in life to take care of.

Meeting People Online

There are many advantages to finding people to date online and this explains why online dating is very popular today. For one thing, everyone on the site is single and looking for the same thing so there is no worrying about whether or not someone is taken or not. Secondly, it gives you a wider pool of potential dating partners to choose from and not just 1-3 people in your social circle or your hobby groups.

Despite the many advantages that online dating has to offer, there are quite a few disadvantages depending on who you are. Because you only get a few pictures and a paragraph worth of text to describe yourself, online dating is heavily based on physical appearance so individuals who are not as attractive may struggle to get hits. Many men report signing up for sites such as Tinder, Bumble, and other apps, and struggling to even get a match, let alone a date. There is also a higher prevalence of ghosting, flaking on online dating sites.

So which one is better? That's up for you to decide.