Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 5:05 pm

Jamesy wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Use your noggin, please......

Weed is "almost legal." But that's pretty stupid, too, what your brother did (if he actually did it).

Why is weed more legal compared to snorting cocaine? There both drugs right?

There's no such thing as more legal vs. less legal. Just legal vs. illegal.

If weed is illegal, it's just as illegal as blow. If it's not illegal then it's as legal as beer.

Why would one substance be treated differently than another? Because they're vastly different in terms of potential harms associated with abuse, for starters.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 5:06 pm

In practical terms, weed carries less penalties than "hard drugs." Though it is still very illegal in the UK.

But the trend is towards legalization. It is legal, now, for example, in at least 15 states in the United States. Though you usually can't carry more than 1 or 2 ounces (an ounce of pot is a lot of pot!)

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 21 Jun 2021, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 5:07 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
In practical terms, weed carries less penalties than "hard drugs." Though it is still very illegal in the UK.

In practical terms if you get caught with either you've done something to draw attention to yourself. Law enforcement doesn't typically focus on people's private consumption, they're interested in busting people who have enough to sell.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 5:09 pm

They used to arrest people in NYC for "private consumption" right up until the time it was legalized.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 5:11 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
They used to arrest people in NYC for "private consumption" right up until the time it was legalized.

Did they stop them on the street and demand they empty their pockets with no probable cause or were they busted for something else and also charged with possession because it was discovered while they were detained?

The former would lead to the charges being dismissed and the latter is exactly what I was describing as a typical case.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 5:14 pm

Many times, they were caught actually smoking in public. That was a B Misdemeanor before legalization.

Mere possession of less than an ounce----before legalization----only got you a ticket. It was "decriminalized" for quite a while before legalization. Frequently, though, the cops would try to say that you possessed the marijuana "in public," so that they can charge one with a B Misdemeanor.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 5:18 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Many times, they were caught actually smoking in public. That was a B Misdemeanor before legalization.

Mere possession of less than an ounce----before legalization----only got you a ticket. It was "decriminalized" for quite a while before legalization.

Smoking in public = drawing unnecessary attention to one's self.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 5:19 pm

Even if somebody was smoking in one's car, it was still "smoking marijuana in public."

There were people who were arrested for smoking right outside their house.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 5:21 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Even if somebody was smoking in one's car, it was still "smoking marijuana in public."

There were people who were arrested for smoking right outside their house.

That's still basically in public though, since being on your own property isn't relevant if one is witnessed to be breaking the law.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 5:23 pm

Of course.....

As for myself, I hate the smell of pot. I think pot makes people apathetic, and worse.

I don't care too much about "legalization"---but pot is not a benign thing (like alcohol is not a benign thing).

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 5:39 pm

You shouldn't have had people over and do drugs, period. It was nice of you to replace the item that was stolen. I would be mad t6oo if this is what you did while I was away and kick you out. Living at home is a privilege. That means to have that privilege, you follow my rules and respect my home. Because you are an adult, you can be homeless when I revoke it.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 6:31 pm

Regardless of what your brother does or doesn't do, regardless of whether what your brother does is "just as bad" or not, and regardless of whether your parents are ok with what your brother does but not what you did, the fact remains that WHAT YOU DID, was both dangerous, and foolish.

You invited random strangers into not-your-home, and they could have stolen a lot more than just 400 quid worth of stuff. They COULD have stuffed you in a closet and cleaned out the whole house while you were asleep. They COULD be just trying to get you into coke so they can take advantage of you.

You've asked if you behaved badly, and now that people have told you "YES!", you're trying to argue and defend it - or at least it seems that way. As concerning as it is knowing that you did what you did, it's even more concerning that you're as un-bothered as you are, having done it.

Do you plan to have them over again for another coke party?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 3:46 am

uncommondenominator wrote:
Regardless of what your brother does or doesn't do, regardless of whether what your brother does is "just as bad" or not, and regardless of whether your parents are ok with what your brother does but not what you did, the fact remains that WHAT YOU DID, was both dangerous, and foolish.

You invited random strangers into not-your-home, and they could have stolen a lot more than just 400 quid worth of stuff. They COULD have stuffed you in a closet and cleaned out the whole house while you were asleep. They COULD be just trying to get you into coke so they can take advantage of you.

You've asked if you behaved badly, and now that people have told you "YES!", you're trying to argue and defend it - or at least it seems that way. As concerning as it is knowing that you did what you did, it's even more concerning that you're as un-bothered as you are, having done it.

Do you plan to have them over again for another coke party?

No I will never have them round again

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 3:48 am

Jamesy wrote:
On Friday when my parents went away for a few days I invited some random people I met up with at the bar (who I did not know that well) back to my house. We snorted cocaine that night and drunk alcohol etc

I woke up the next day and the people who were round my house stole an object that belonged to my parents that cost 400 English pounds. My parents were furious with me today when I told them what happened and threatened to ring the police but I talked them out of it. I took 400 pounds out of my bank account to pay towards replacing the object that was stolen.

Do you think overall I was very badly behaved?

More relevant question is....you still live with mommy and daddy?

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

22 Jun 2021, 4:34 am

don't ever touch that stuff again it's a slippery slope even if it makes you feel good briefly. Heroin is even worse and I've read cases of addiction that would make your hair stand on end.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Last edited by envirozentinel on 22 Jun 2021, 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.: spelling typo

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 4:44 am

envirozentinel wrote:
don't ever touch that stuff again it's a slippery slope even if it makes you feel good briefly. Heroin is even worse and I've read cases of addiction that would make your hair stand on end.

Could be the company he keeps. Maybe need to lose your buddies.