Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 7:15 pm

When they started making smartphones & tablets, you didn’t need a security app to protect your devices. What is the best to protect your your tablet & phone?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 7:20 pm

I don't even have a password to unlock mine. :oops:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

varikvalefor
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jun 2021, 10:55 pm

Just not having vulnerabilities always helps. Make frequent audits and ensure that no suspicious activity is happening.

Using secure operating systems, e.g., OpenBSD and BlackBerry OS, is also beneficial.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2021, 7:34 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
When they started making smartphones & tablets, you didn’t need a security app to protect your devices. What is the best to protect your your tablet & phone?

They are developing Linux-based distributions for smartphones. A site called DistroWatch will describe these attempts.

Be well.

varikvalefor
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jul 2021, 3:11 pm

slave wrote:
They are developing Linux-based distributions for smartphones. A site called DistroWatch will describe these attempts.

Be well.

The things which advertise being Linux-based tend to be insecure or slow, having been written rather poorly.
Ubuntu Touch is arguably the best mobile operating system which boasts being a Linux distro... but is still pretty cheesy.

As a result of being a strain of Android, GrapheneOS is based upon Linux. Additionally, GrapheneOS is actually reasonably secure and fast.