People Might Get Arrested for Giving Money to the Homeless

Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2021, 12:56 pm

• Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day.  Keep your fish, and you feed yourself.  He is a grown man, and fishing is not that difficult.  Better yet, just leave him alone and let him figure it out.

• Give a man a fish, and you will probably have to teach him how to cook it, too.

• Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day.  Teach him how to fish, and he will spend all weekend drinking beer and staring at the bobber.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2021, 1:08 pm

magz wrote:
Teach enough men to fish and you'll learn what "natural resources depletion" means.

Why would there be no more fish in 40 years? Nonsense. God will always provide. :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2021, 7:21 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
Charlotte Councilmember Suggests Arresting People Giving Money To Homeless

How absurd, as the notion that all homeless people have nefarious motives or intentions if given money.
I remember how my mom wanted to donate food to members of the local community; though, I had to remind her that local ordinances prohibit such; wherein, she could be arrested for such. I don't fault my mom for having the sincere concept of showing compassion, but some people don't share such rare qualities in this day and age of existence.

https://www.iheart.com/content/2021-06- ... 3_readmore

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2021, 7:56 pm

I wish there no homeless people & no homeless cats & dogs.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2021, 4:52 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I wish there no homeless people & no homeless cats & dogs.

I wholeheartedly agree, yet in several ways, society created this division literally..

dcragg65
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Jul 2021, 2:25 pm

magz wrote:
well-off man took a homeless couple under his roof

I really enjoyed the video, thanks for posting. This is my first post, and I'm a bit confused. How do you reply to a post other than quoting it? Am I missing something?

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2021, 6:25 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
The Director of Our local homeless shelter has gone on TV and radio telling people to never give money, only food. Money goes to drugs and drug addiction is almost universal among the homeless population.

I'm sure this is an over-generalization. It might be true of many homeless people, but it's a vast exaggeration to say it's "almost universal."

There are plenty of people who are homeless merely because they lost their job and/or their rent got raised too high and/or their landlord decided to kick them out for whatever reason.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2021, 11:54 pm

dcragg65 wrote:
magz wrote:
well-off man took a homeless couple under his roof

I really enjoyed the video, thanks for posting. This is my first post, and I'm a bit confused. How do you reply to a post other than quoting it? Am I missing something?

You don't even have to quote.
Just add your relevant sixpence. ;)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2021, 12:54 am

in this country, the poor can never be punished enough. [jimmy breslin]
per the upper class, they serve as a frightful example to keep the rest of the working people's noses against the capitalists' grindstone.