Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 10:43 pm

That does make sense.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2021, 2:01 pm

Im going to give Mrs. Frith her own thread now Franz, thanks for waking me up to this problem, and I hope you stick around to do more forsenic psychology with me, ill always look forward to you posting in any of my threads.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2021, 6:02 pm

To start a thread worthy of Uta's role here will probably take a few days.

They didnt have a copy of Concept of Irony here at VPL, so I thought to give Witty a look and went with his "Zettel"

May have been a good guess! Lucky its here too!!

Quote:
66 - Psychological-Trivial-discussions about expectation, association always pass over what is noteworthy and it is noticeable that they talk around, without touching, the punctum saliens

https://www.lexico.com/definition/punctum_saliens

later in the book, there is sequence where Wittgenstein sounds very similar to Uta, with one crazy passage -

Quote:
108 - Suppose it were a question of buying and selling creatures (anthropoid brutes) which we use as slaves. They cannot learn to talk, but the cleverer among them can be taught to do quite complicated work; and some of these creatures work thinkingly, and others quite mechanically. For a thinking one we pay more than one that is merely mechanically clever.

The_Znof wrote:
Im about halfway through Uta Frith's book "Autism, Unraveling the Enigma"

For a while it seemed quite neuteral, leaving me suprised it was the same person who had made the comment I complained about above,

But now some disturbing stuff is jumping out.

The only good thing is it seems easy to point out her bias and weak 'science'

She worries about the asperger community getting hold of her test and gaming it, all 25 of them?

Thats right, she only used 25 humans to generalize autistics are sub human, so how is she speaking of, an autistic community? How did these 25 get picked? or are the 25 the whole community?

This is another example of what I meant by "shoddy research" when talking about Sam, but Uta is a way bigger problem than Sam.

Shes the one gaming tests, showing a profound lack of empathy in real life in her dedication to dehumanizing a group of people - I smell Narc..

I have been thinking about this quote a lot, by expanding the context it gets pretty screwy for sure

Quote:
The study doesn’t explain whether high-functioning adults with autism truly understand false beliefs over time, or whether they merely learn to solve the tasks, Bernier notes. But it does suggest that in the case of the moral scenarios, their ability to reason is not just delayed, but absent entirely. “If these are delays, they are persistent delays that last well into adulthood for people with typical cognitive ability,” he says.

[b]Frith says she is delighted that these researchers have come up with a strategy that validates the theory she helped develop 25 years ago.[/b] “It does make sense of the social behavior,” she says, “and it can be linked up to certain abnormal activations in the brain.”

Impaired moral judgment is associated with distinct neural systems, including the right temporal parietal junction4. Gabrieli says his group is working on an imaging study focusing on which brain regions are active in these individuals while they are engaged in moral reasoning.

They’d better work quickly: Frith predicts that the utility of the new test may be limited. “I have no doubt that the Asperger’s community will get hold of the test, study it, and learn the scenarios,” she says.

how delighful Utah!, were not human here! gee thanks!

I will be back to elaborate

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2021, 7:20 pm

You're welcome.