How do you get turned on a by a really goodlooking woman?

Page 1 of 11 [ 168 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 1:32 am

It seems like an odd illogical question but that is the dilemma I have with this woman I started seeing. I knew for a while now and really like her personality and she asked me out so and we started seeing each other, but even though I love her personality and we are a good match that way it seems, I fail to get aroused by her because she is too goodlooking. She is literally Hollywood, supermodel beautiful and that's the problem for me, sexually. She's too perfect, and I guess she just comes off having a phony supermodel face and body that I just can't relate too.

But my guy friends think I'm crazy I think and feel that I should be really turned on by someone that goodlooking. Can I chance my outlook on it, since I really like her personality, or what do you think?

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 3:43 am

Physiological attraction based on many factors like genetic compatibility and subtle indicator traits of phenotype, meaning health and ability to give you offspring.

These mechanisms are suppressed if you neglect physiological needs of your body: sunlight, physical activity, fresh air, healthy food.

If you are not covering these needs on regular basis it might be the answer.

If she is not covering some of these needs it might be the answer. If she is taking oral contraceptive it might suppress some of those mechanisms on her side.

It is also possible you are genuinely not attracted to her despite perceiving her as attractive rationally. I personally wouldn't force things against what my body has to say.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 3:46 am

ironpony wrote:
It seems like an odd illogical question but that is the dilemma I have with this woman I started seeing. I knew for a while now and really like her personality and she asked me out so and we started seeing each other, but even though I love her personality and we are a good match that way it seems, I fail to get aroused by her because she is too goodlooking. She is literally Hollywood, supermodel beautiful and that's the problem for me, sexually. She's too perfect, and I guess she just comes off having a phony supermodel face and body that I just can't relate too.

But my guy friends think I'm crazy I think and feel that I should be really turned on by someone that goodlooking. Can I chance my outlook on it, since I really like her personality, or what do you think?

Do what's best for you ironpony. It's alright to keep her in the friendzone if you don't vibe.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 9:08 am

Oh well I think the chemistry with us is really good but the problem is me though. I am to use to burger and fries comfort type food, and I need to get into the fancy expensive, and exotic restaurant, if that's a bad analogy? But how do you get into that, when you are use to the other?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 9:11 am

I can relate to this; I don't get turned on by "model types." I tend to get turned on by more "average"-looking women.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 12:21 pm

She is not your type.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 12:28 pm

Wantonly. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 4:47 pm

I'm more a burger and fries sort of guy than a filet mignon sort of guy.

Though I do like to dabble in "classy" things sometimes. I'm speaking more about the creative arts than I'm speaking about dating and women---just so I am not misunderstood.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 4:55 pm

^^ I'd imagine we'd all define 'a really good looking woman' differently.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 4:57 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
^^ I'd imagine we'd all define 'a really good looking woman' differently.

souffle :lol:

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 4:58 pm

Social psychology has said for a long time that people tend to marry partners who are roughly the same level as themselves, whether in the appearance department, social class, education, or other factors. So what you are experiencing is not too surprising. She's "out of your league" so you wisely can't feel secure in the relationship.

I've often heard that the world's most beautiful women tend to be lonely during their dating years, since all the guys are too afraid to ask them out. Are you afraid? That could well lead to not being that turned on.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 5:03 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
Social psychology has said for a long time that people tend to marry partners who are roughly the same level as themselves, whether in the appearance department, social class, education, or other factors. So what you are experiencing is not too surprising. She's "out of your league" so you wisely can't feel secure in the relationship.

I've often heard that the world's most beautiful women tend to be lonely during their dating years, since all the guys are too afraid to ask them out. Are you afraid? That could well lead to not being that turned on.

Mostly true! but I suspect really good looking women have no shortage of male admirers and therefore spoilt for choice in picking partners, they have their choice of alpha males.

A lot of young men in the social media era of tinder also of the mindset that once you sleep with a girl you move onto the next one

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2021, 1:42 am

BeaArthur wrote:

I wouldn't say I am afraid, just a really different experience for me. I didn't have to be afraid of asking her out so far, since she has been doing all the pursuing pretty much so far.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2021, 6:26 am

Lucky you…..

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2021, 10:54 am

Oh thanks, we'll see what happens.

BeaArthur wrote:

Is this why perhaps she is doing all the persuing so far, because maybe as a really beautiful looking women, guys don't ask her out enough, so she felt screw it, and decided to pursue what guys she wants and do the the pursuing?

But also, there is this other really goodlooking women I know, who I have worked with who is a model, and I worked behind the camera with her, and she goes on about how guys hit on her left and right all the time, and how it annoys her, so does that mean guys are shy, if a beautiful model has to put up with that constantly?

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2021, 6:45 pm

ironpony wrote:
Is this why perhaps she is doing all the persuing so far, because maybe as a really beautiful looking women, guys don't ask her out enough, so she felt screw it, and decided to pursue what guys she wants and do the the pursuing?

I don't know - why don't you ask her?

If your lady friend does get hit on a lot due to being very good looking, maybe she's looking for someone who doesn't just want to exploit her. Somebody with a little depth.

Or maybe you're just THAT GORGEOUS!