My 1st time running from a fight and I feel like a coward

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 6:45 pm

salad wrote:
BeaArthur wrote:
Cheap gym where you get harassed and threatened is no bargain. If I were in her situation, I'd do a serious canvass of available exercise options. Our local high school opened its weight room to the community after school hours, for instance. Some apartment complexes have an exercise center. Buying a stationary bike or treadmill (these are always being listed on social media) and a set of handweights might be an option for her home. If your sister is enrolled in classes, the school or college probably has some type of gym privileges.

I mean look, there are parts of town where no woman ought to venture out alone, at ANY time of day.

Another strategy might be for her to hook up with a regular exercise partner so she's always with a second person, male or female.

Your family has had plenty of opportunity to experience crime in the USA. There are strategies to improve one's experience, though.

In that case I'm going to give my sister extra money to attend the mostly women gym in the Suburbs. It's a nicer area, more clean, and the gym is 90% women clientele. It's more expensive but anything to protect my little baby sister

That's a very nice way to support her, and just as good for protecting her as smashing heads would be.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

22 Jun 2021, 10:21 pm

You;re fantastic and she sounds great too - not everyone has close relationships with their siblings and I think its a privilege when that can happen. I am very fond of my younger sister too - I was an only child but gained a half sister nine years after my mom remarried.

She deserves to feel safe and suburban areas generally are a lot safer than downtown ones, especially if the clientele are mostly female.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Valforwing
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jun 2021, 6:41 am

I’d just buy some equipment for where I live so I don’t have to care about getting harassed. Check Goodwill or other second hand shops. Lotta equipment ends up in those places. I recommend an exercise bike since it probably ended up they’re because the owner ran out of space or hit there goal.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2021, 10:35 am

salad wrote:
So I get a call today from my sister complaining about the same men at the gym harassing her and giving her a hard time. There was no staff, just the guys and my sister in a gym at night, so I drove all the way down south to defend my little sister. By the time I arrive I see those same low life punks and I tell them to leave my sister alone. After some exchanges the guys began to taunt me for my injuries and my arm being in a cast, with the men doing mocking impressions of my arm being limp and laughing

At one point the guy shoved my sister and told me "do something about it". I wanted to beat his ass so bad, but knowing how injured I am I knew I wouldnt win this fight so I took my sister and walked away while being laughed at and humiliated for ducking away from a fight of honor any man would take to defend his family

I promised my fiancee no more fights, but after today's incident I feel like pathetic not being able to defend my sister the way I used to be able to

If a guy cant even protect those closest to him, he has no more worth

I feel worthless.

The important thing is you were able to get her out of there, away from them. I mean even without injuries sounds like you would have been outnumbered anyways...and could have had a harder time getting her out of there if they beat you up. So I think you handled it the right way.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2021, 10:17 pm

Update:

Today is a good day. No, a great day. Today is the best day I've ever had in a long time. Why, you might ask??

I complained to my 6 ft 4 bodybuilding cousin about the guys harassing my sister and he personally confronted all of them and beat all of them up singlehandedly

Damn he's badass!! I wish I had his strength and size, but I'm grateful that I have family like that to back me up when I need it

And before anyone thinks its implausible that 1 guy can body several thugs at once know that my cousin is easily the strongest man I know personally in my life. He's much stronger than I was even in my prime. The guy can deadlift 600 lbs, was a champion wrestler in college, and got in more street fights than even Mike Tyson. He has a ton of flaws but family loyalty is something he has in spades and something that makes him reliable when I need it

Master Oogway

Valforwing
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jun 2021, 12:36 am

salad wrote:
Update:

Today is a good day. No, a great day. Today is the best day I've ever had in a long time. Why, you might ask??

I complained to my 6 ft 4 bodybuilding cousin about the guys harassing my sister and he personally confronted all of them and beat all of them up singlehandedly

Damn he's badass!! I wish I had his strength and size, but I'm grateful that I have family like that to back me up when I need it

And before anyone thinks its implausible that 1 guy can body several thugs at once know that my cousin is easily the strongest man I know personally in my life. He's much stronger than I was even in my prime. The guy can deadlift 600 lbs, was a champion wrestler in college, and got in more street fights than even Mike Tyson. He has a ton of flaws but family loyalty is something he has in spades and something that makes him reliable when I need it

See that’s great! Sometimes it’s better to build an army then try to win a fight all on your own. Build yourself a support system. My support system kinda got destroyed by covid. But hopefully I’ll be able to rebuild it eventually so I don’t have to burden any one person with my problems anymore. No proper person will call you a coward for maintaining relationships with people who make you a better person and who look out for you.